Fire the government
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
01-10-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Fire the government
Speaking for the rest of the world...

"Sigh!
Rolleyes
Stooopid Murikans"

Ring Ring
Ring Ring

" 你好,我可以幫你嗎? "
"Hi, China, this is the rest of the world. We wondered if you fancied a coffee."
Heart

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Fire the government
"I came up with the idea at least 20 years ago that we needed more women in politics. I suggested that men be barred from political office. They could do everything else — be president of universities, business leaders — but they just couldn’t serve in any elected position for 100 years." - Ted Turner

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Fire the government
(01-10-2013 08:50 AM)frankksj Wrote:  @BuckyBall,

(01-10-2013 08:30 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  False premise.
Science, including the "Dismal Science" (Economics) is based on facts and measurable observations. "Thought experiments" can help in developing hypotheses, but that's not what science is based on. Your opinions are just that. Everyone has their opinions. Opinions are not "truth".

Scientists are willing to test their theories and challenge their assumptions. But you ran from my thought experiment. You didn't point out any flaws in it. You just dismissed it again. Will you have the balls to read it and answer two basic questions:

Q: If you slid the bar to 90% as I suggested, do you agree that would put an enormous burden on the 10% in the private sector that had to make all the goods and services and pay the salaries for the other 90%?

Q: If you concede the answer is 'yes', then how can you suggest that moving the slider in small increments towards the 90% is not moving in that direction? I mean even if you adjusted it by 1% each time and the effect wasn't measurable, you know that after 65 of those small 1% adjustments it would reach 90% and the effects you conceded would be realized.

You may not detect the difference when you move the volume knob on your stereo 1 notch, but I assure you that every notch you move it up the volume is getting louder.

I "ran" from nothing. It's just a boring question. The POINT is, there is no way to TEST it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 06:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Fire the government
(01-10-2013 10:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "I came up with the idea at least 20 years ago that we needed more women in politics. I suggested that men be barred from political office. They could do everything else — be president of universities, business leaders — but they just couldn’t serve in any elected position for 100 years." - Ted Turner

There needs to be an amendment to the constitution.
Men in politics ONLY if they agree to chop em off.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Fire the government
(01-10-2013 10:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "I came up with the idea at least 20 years ago that we needed more women in politics. I suggested that men be barred from political office. They could do everything else — be president of universities, business leaders — but they just couldn’t serve in any elected position for 100 years." - Ted Turner

As a woman, this is a very intriguing thought... but when I imagine it in my head, I just picture all the hormonal petty arguments that will result from women not liking to work with other women. Too much emotion for someone like me to handle at least. Ideally a mix closer to 50/50, maybe slightly more on the woman's side, could work well. Catty female behavior is best kept in check by having enough males around, in my limited experience (I'm not very catty myself, but I've been witness to it countless times). Women could certainly have a lot to offer in the realm of politics... I hope to see more in the future, but not ALL women, that would be disaterous.

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 07:26 AM
RE: Fire the government
What worries me the most is that a regime as unstable as this one is known to stockpile weapons of mass destruction, and has used them in the past.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire the government
(01-10-2013 05:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  The guys in Washington are an irresponsible lot, a bunch of little boys in a sand box throwing sand in each other's eyes.

They should all be sent home. Every one of them. Frusty

Quite the opposite actually.
Obviously something wasn't right with Obama's budget for the senate or whoever to refuse to pass it.

In saying that this is America and not the rest of the world, so it's probably more along the lines of some Democrat beat some Republican in a bowling game and so the Republican is all butthurt and is thus refusing to pass Obama's budget.


How's that 2 party system working out for ya 'Merica?


Has this been settled yet btw? I'm not really following this, I've decided American politics is so retarded it kills my brain cells so I've stopped following American politics.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-10-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Fire the government
(01-10-2013 10:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 08:50 AM)frankksj Wrote:  @BuckyBall,


Scientists are willing to test their theories and challenge their assumptions. But you ran from my thought experiment. You didn't point out any flaws in it. You just dismissed it again. Will you have the balls to read it and answer two basic questions:

Q: If you slid the bar to 90% as I suggested, do you agree that would put an enormous burden on the 10% in the private sector that had to make all the goods and services and pay the salaries for the other 90%?

Q: If you concede the answer is 'yes', then how can you suggest that moving the slider in small increments towards the 90% is not moving in that direction? I mean even if you adjusted it by 1% each time and the effect wasn't measurable, you know that after 65 of those small 1% adjustments it would reach 90% and the effects you conceded would be realized.

You may not detect the difference when you move the volume knob on your stereo 1 notch, but I assure you that every notch you move it up the volume is getting louder.

I "ran" from nothing. It's just a boring question. The POINT is, there is no way to TEST it.

Of course there is!

It just involves being Supreme Dictator of Earth.

Because that's the only way you can establish controlled conditions...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-10-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Fire the government
(30-09-2013 07:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think the entire US government needs to be fired.

That is all.

". . . That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. . . "
(Declaration of Independence)

It is time; it is past time.

Period.[/b][/i]

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RaisdCath's post
03-10-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Fire the government
If you mean every elected and appointed employee, I'm all with you. Us regular working stiffs kinda need our jobs, though. We're the ones who actually DO things anyway, y'know?

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: