Fire the government

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: Fire the government
(03-10-2013 01:20 PM)I Am Wrote:  If you mean every elected and appointed employee, I'm all with you. Us regular working stiffs kinda need our jobs, though. We're the ones who actually DO things anyway, y'know?

And for which dept/agency do you "do" things?

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 01:49 PM
I believe it was "Fire The Government" not "Fire At The Government" :\

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/201...stody?lite

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2013, 02:46 PM
(03-10-2013 01:49 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I believe it was "Fire The Government" not "Fire At The Government" :\

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/201...stody?lite

She must have misread the title. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
(03-10-2013 01:27 PM)RaisdCath Wrote:  And for which dept/agency do you "do" things?

Treasury/Revenue. Put down the gun. I keep ne'er-do-well scammers from getting tax ID numbers, by verifying authenticity of passports, birth certs, and so on. I have nothing at all to do with any US citizen's taxes.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
03-10-2013, 04:13 PM
(01-10-2013 06:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's the same method again, rinse wash and repeat until you actually alter something legitimately

The whole reason we are in this mess is because Obamacare lacks legitimacy. It only made it thru the House via backroom sweetheart deals. The Senate then had to use parliamentary shenanigans to get it to the presidents desk.

The people who oppose this law have good reason to fight it because it certainly doesn't reflect the will of the people.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
03-10-2013, 04:26 PM
(03-10-2013 03:25 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 01:27 PM)RaisdCath Wrote:  And for which dept/agency do you "do" things?

Treasury/Revenue. Put down the gun. I keep ne'er-do-well scammers from getting tax ID numbers, by verifying authenticity of passports, birth certs, and so on. I have nothing at all to do with any US citizen's taxes.

Hey, Dark Light! We got a Revenooer here! Pack up the still!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
(03-10-2013 04:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 06:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's the same method again, rinse wash and repeat until you actually alter something legitimately

The whole reason we are in this mess is because Obamacare lacks legitimacy. It only made it thru the House via backroom sweetheart deals. The Senate then had to use parliamentary shenanigans to get it to the presidents desk.

The people who oppose this law have good reason to fight it because it certainly doesn't reflect the will of the people.

What was the last presidential election if not a referendum on the ACA? Seems to me that Obama was reelected with over 5 million more votes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 05:33 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(03-10-2013 04:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 04:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The whole reason we are in this mess is because Obamacare lacks legitimacy. It only made it thru the House via backroom sweetheart deals. The Senate then had to use parliamentary shenanigans to get it to the presidents desk.

What was the last presidential election if not a referendum on the ACA? Seems to me that Obama was reelected with over 5 million more votes.

Obama is not Obamacare nor is Obama soley responsible for Obama care. While Obama got a mandate, Obamacare didn't. Obamacare could never be passed after the 2012 election so doesn't that suggest 2010 and 2012 were a referendums against the ACA?

You can see the situation anyway you want. I choose to see the ACA technically the law of land, but lacking so much legitimacy that I'm glad much of congress isn't just rolling over and accepting it. A piece of legislation with this much impact shouldn't have been passed the way it was and the left shouldn't be shocked that its not closed matter.
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
(03-10-2013 05:26 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 04:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What was the last presidential election if not a referendum on the ACA? Seems to me that Obama was reelected with over 5 million more votes.

Obama is not Obamacare nor is Obama soley responsible for Obama care. While Obama got a mandate, Obamacare didn't. Obamacare could never be passed after the 2012 election so doesn't that suggest 2010 and 2012 were a referendums against the ACA?

You can see the situation anyway you want. I choose to see the ACA technically the law of land, but lacking so much legitimacy that I'm glad much of congress isn't just rolling over and accepting it. A piece of legislation with this much impact shouldn't have been passed the way it was and the left shouldn't be shocked that its not closed matter.

Oh you mean the REPUBLICAN idea that Romney put into effect in Mass. ? That one ? The one where millions of calls the first few days to the state insurance exchanges came in ? That one ? The one that NIXON proposed years ago ? The one the REPUBLICAN Supreme Court, and the REPUBLICAN Chief Justice said was a tax ?
You must be talking about some other law. Of course there are NO other laws that get passed by back room "shenanigans". Oh no. None. "Much of the congress" ?
Really. A majority of the Senate and some of the House. The only reason this is happening is the Tea Party crazies.

Did Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann give you a BlowJob ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-10-2013, 06:07 PM
To show how much I pay attention, &/or give a damn...

Is there currently a U.S. government to fire, or must we wait a little longer for them to resume their jobs to do that?

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post