Poll: Should there be a Firearm Forum
Yes. I thirst for more gun-talk
No. I like making everybody hear my opinions on deadly weapons.
I want to shoot everybody
[Show Results]

Firearm Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Firearm Forum?
No. Let the people speak freely.

Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 11:46 AM
For the record I disagreed with Moms' use of green text to halt gun discussion in the last news article. I see no reason to stop the discussion from happening when it happens and where it happens.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
For the record, I DO support her squashing that shit. This isn't a gun forum. If it came up occasionally, fine. But it's far more than occasionally, and sometimes it's people bringing it up just to push their agenda. Moms is doing her job by keeping that kind of shit under control.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-12-2015, 11:56 AM
(04-12-2015 11:49 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  For the record, I DO support her squashing that shit. This isn't a gun forum. If it came up occasionally, fine. But it's far more than occasionally, and sometimes it's people bringing it up just to push their agenda. Moms is doing her job by keeping that kind of shit under control.
Couldn't you say that about any topic?

Abortion, crime, racism, feminism, Android vs Apple.

I'm not upset or offended about it. Just saying I thought this forum was more of an "uncontrolled" environment where as long as you aren't trying to harm others we could speak our mind.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
04-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I think there are too many legitimate topics relating to guns to be all shoved into one thread.

Some people love guns, why shouldn’t they be allowed to discuss them?
Some people hate guns, why shouldn’t they be allowed to discuss them?
Then there are all the possible laws regarding guns that should be discussed.
Then there are all the current events with guns as the topic that should be discussed.

I don’t see a reason to try and make it one giant free-for-all.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
(04-12-2015 11:46 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  For the record I disagreed with Moms' use of green text to halt gun discussion in the last news article. I see no reason to stop the discussion from happening when it happens and where it happens.

The whole point of having different sections is to organize posts. Gun debate is a political topic so it should belong in the political section, the Original Thread was in the world news section so the discussion should have stayed on the topic of the actual news, the shooting, not debate about guns and get into conversations that have nothing to do with the original topic. I know certain topics can cause people to type and talk without taking that into consideration and I'm guilty of taking a thread out of it's intended discussion as much as anyone else and that's why we need Moms but it's up to us to catch ourselves and to stop it from happening because Moms and Stark have better things to do then deal with our same BS for the 400th time. My 2 cents.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-12-2015, 12:04 PM
(04-12-2015 11:44 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  No. Let the people speak freely.

Tongue

I see what you're getting at here ...

You want a new section for each of the twenty-seven ratified amendments to the United States Constitution.

Nice idea.

Rolleyes

Also, while we're about it, let's get Seth to change the ending of his podcasts...

"Thinking Atheist Worldwide America."

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-12-2015, 12:10 PM
(04-12-2015 12:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 11:44 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  No. Let the people speak freely.

Tongue

I see what you're getting at here ...

You want a new section for each of the twenty-seven ratified amendments to the United States Constitution.

Nice idea.

Rolleyes

Also, while we're about it, let's get Seth to change the ending of his podcasts...

"Thinking Atheist Worldwide America."

Big Grin

I can certainly understand how the Americentric topics can get old. But if we leave them out you guys out there in the rest of the world wouldn’t have anywhere as much to talk about or anywhere near as much fun ridiculing ‘Murikans. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-12-2015, 12:13 PM
(04-12-2015 10:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There are almost as many gun threads as there are guns in America. How about one central forum...kind of a Gun Nut Internment Camp. That way we can keep an eye on the ammosexuals...I mean...that way all the gun arguments can be in one location instead of vomiting new gun threads into the forum everyday?

Thoughts? Questions? Jokes?

[Image: 759b6e2b2a343819fe5a2951ca377aee.jpg]

Edited to add poll

Then...

[Image: girl_gun_fuck_yeah1.jpg]

Now...

[Image: a6e872a3a830f127c07f0e3c045c40d100ffbdd6...226bee.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
04-12-2015, 12:22 PM
(04-12-2015 12:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
I can certainly understand how the Americentric topics can get old. But if we leave them out you guys out there in the rest of the world wouldn’t have anywhere as much to talk about or anywhere near as much fun ridiculing ‘Murikans. Big Grin

Fair point.

'Cos the rest of the world was just thinking to itself ... gun problem? wot gun problem?

Girl_nails

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post