Poll: Should there be a Firearm Forum
Yes. I thirst for more gun-talk
No. I like making everybody hear my opinions on deadly weapons.
I want to shoot everybody
[Show Results]

Firearm Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Firearm Forum?
(04-12-2015 03:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Only if you moderate the cheese Chas....

Chas - le Grande Fromage..............

Wink

I think it will need a committee, or maybe a troika - y'know, a fromage à trois. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-12-2015, 03:55 PM
[mt dew out nose]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-12-2015, 03:58 PM
(04-12-2015 02:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 11:34 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  No it is not a tool, it is a fetish. If the right were right about our status quo we would not observe what we do now.

Yeah, we get it.... You're obsessed....

I just went out and shot 3 different guns. Nobody died.

Amazing, huh????

Yea and I am 49, and haven't touched a gun since I was 19. And nobody has died by my hand either. But just like a drunk driver, I bet you think each time you touch it nothing will go wrong. I bet each time you leave your house nobody in your house will use it without your permission. I bet you have your house so well locked up that when you are away nobody will ever steal them. Yet I bet you'd complain about how well armed the White House is and people still got in.

And I bet you also stupidly think hitting a target is all it takes to handle a gun properly. Hitting a target is not the same as using one under stressful or traumatic situations. Police and military have to have stress training to not only hit a target, but hit the RIGHT target under stress. Civilian gun owners don't have that same training.

This isn't about you. This is about your attitude towards guns. It is your ignorance of the national climate we live in. This isn't about rights, in a perfect world if we had nobody dying from use of guns, I wouldn't care. But we don't live in that perfect world. If you find the amount of gun death in America acceptable you are nothing short of selfish and merely want to protect an object. Humans have rights, and you do have the right to own a gun, but the gun itself is not a living human. Just like you have the right to drive a car, but not a 5 lane wide monster truck, and you don't have the right to speed 100mph through a school zone.

The issue isn't about rights. The issue is about VOLUME made and ease of access. If you agree that guns should not be in the wrong hands, then you cant object to better regulations to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands.

The issue is not one person, I am sure you have good intent, but that isn't enough. We still make too many, and people get their hands on them even legally and people end up dead. The SB shooters had no record, the Va Tech shooter had no record. And even without mass shootings the bulk of gun deaths are in the home/neighborhood involving someone the victim new if not accident or suicide from both legally and illegally obtained guns.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2015, 03:59 PM
(04-12-2015 03:58 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 02:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah, we get it.... You're obsessed....

I just went out and shot 3 different guns. Nobody died.

Amazing, huh????

Yea and I am 49, and haven't touched a gun since I was 19. And nobody has died by my hand either. But just like a drunk driver, I bet you think each time you touch it nothing will go wrong. I bet each time you leave your house nobody in your house will use it without your permission. I bet you have your house so well locked up that when you are away nobody will ever steal them. Yet I bet you'd complain about how well armed the White House is and people still got in.

And I bet you also stupidly think hitting a target is all it takes to handle a gun properly. Hitting a target is not the same as using one under stressful or traumatic situations. Police and military have to have stress training to not only hit a target, but hit the RIGHT target under stress. Civilian gun owners don't have that same training.

This isn't about you. This is about your attitude towards guns. It is your ignorance of the national climate we live in. This isn't about rights, in a perfect world if we had nobody dying from use of guns, I wouldn't care. But we don't live in that perfect world. If you find the amount of gun death in America acceptable you are nothing short of selfish and merely want to protect an object. Humans have rights, and you do have the right to own a gun, but the gun itself is not a living human. Just like you have the right to drive a car, but not a 5 lane wide monster truck, and you don't have the right to speed 100mph through a school zone.

The issue isn't about rights. The issue is about VOLUME made and ease of access. If you agree that guns should not be in the wrong hands, then you cant object to better regulations to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands.

The issue is not one person, I am sure you have good intent, but that isn't enough. We still make too many, and people get their hands on them even legally and people end up dead. The SB shooters had no record, the Va Tech shooter had no record. And even without mass shootings the bulk of gun deaths are in the home/neighborhood involving someone the victim new if not accident or suicide from both legally and illegally obtained guns.

The issue is this is not a gun debate thread so stop. Take it to the thread that DLJ split for you to have these debates.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-12-2015, 04:36 PM
(04-12-2015 03:40 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 01:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Grab a gun, preferably a blackpowder revolver, stand 20 places apart, then continue with the debate. Whoever wins is right, and you don't have to worry about having the same debate over and over again. Who said guns don't solve problems?

Yea see that is why humans worldwide SUCK, our species finds it way easier to kill over claims than to problem solve through diplomacy, reason and facts. Our species defaults to beating the shit out of our fellow humans to stay on top, and we sure love to constantly invent new ways to murder our fellow human beings.

It's not just our species. We're just better at it. Learn to dance in the rain. Or don't. Enjoy it or be pissed off at it. Either way it's still gonna keep coming down.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-12-2015, 04:42 PM
(04-12-2015 03:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 03:20 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Oh yeah, best shooting scene ever.

I prefered the "light 'em up" scene in Fury.....

It was like HOLYFUCKNSHITWOULDYOULOOKATTHAT!!!!!
Not bad, but Predator scene is way more intense imo.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
04-12-2015, 04:49 PM
(04-12-2015 04:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 03:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I prefered the "light 'em up" scene in Fury.....

It was like HOLYFUCKNSHITWOULDYOULOOKATTHAT!!!!!
Not bad, but Predator scene is way more intense imo.

The big shootout in Heat is my personal favorite, as a gun nut who appreciates a director that goes the extra mile to at least make it appear somewhat realistic.

'Murican Canadian
04-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Merry Christmas motherfuckers.

[Image: christmas.jpg]

The kid is the only one smart enough to be embarrassed. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-12-2015, 05:04 PM
(04-12-2015 04:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 04:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Not bad, but Predator scene is way more intense imo.

The big shootout in Heat is my personal favorite, as a gun nut who appreciates a director that goes the extra mile to at least make it appear somewhat realistic.
Yeah, I just watched it again , that is a really good one.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
04-12-2015, 06:02 PM
(04-12-2015 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The kid is the only one smart enough to be embarrassed. Big Grin

Because they gave him the small one.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post