Poll: Should there be a Firearm Forum
Yes. I thirst for more gun-talk
No. I like making everybody hear my opinions on deadly weapons.
I want to shoot everybody
[Show Results]

Firearm Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Firearm Forum?
(04-12-2015 03:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 03:58 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Yea and I am 49, and haven't touched a gun since I was 19. And nobody has died by my hand either. But just like a drunk driver, I bet you think each time you touch it nothing will go wrong. I bet each time you leave your house nobody in your house will use it without your permission. I bet you have your house so well locked up that when you are away nobody will ever steal them. Yet I bet you'd complain about how well armed the White House is and people still got in.

And I bet you also stupidly think hitting a target is all it takes to handle a gun properly. Hitting a target is not the same as using one under stressful or traumatic situations. Police and military have to have stress training to not only hit a target, but hit the RIGHT target under stress. Civilian gun owners don't have that same training.

This isn't about you. This is about your attitude towards guns. It is your ignorance of the national climate we live in. This isn't about rights, in a perfect world if we had nobody dying from use of guns, I wouldn't care. But we don't live in that perfect world. If you find the amount of gun death in America acceptable you are nothing short of selfish and merely want to protect an object. Humans have rights, and you do have the right to own a gun, but the gun itself is not a living human. Just like you have the right to drive a car, but not a 5 lane wide monster truck, and you don't have the right to speed 100mph through a school zone.

The issue isn't about rights. The issue is about VOLUME made and ease of access. If you agree that guns should not be in the wrong hands, then you cant object to better regulations to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands.

The issue is not one person, I am sure you have good intent, but that isn't enough. We still make too many, and people get their hands on them even legally and people end up dead. The SB shooters had no record, the Va Tech shooter had no record. And even without mass shootings the bulk of gun deaths are in the home/neighborhood involving someone the victim new if not accident or suicide from both legally and illegally obtained guns.

The issue is this is not a gun debate thread so stop. Take it to the thread that DLJ split for you to have these debates.

This.

FFS, this.

It's like you people have no self control at all. It doesn't matter what side you're on...stop vomiting this debate up into every fucking thread. You're not making yourself heard, you're just encouraging people to ignore you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 07:45 AM
Guns, exciting and new, buy some more, their killing you. And Guns, worshipers ignore, let them spray, kill some more. THE GUN BOAT, soon will be making another run, THE GUN BOAT, promises death for everyone, set course for adventure a pretend bad ass, and guns, wont hurt anymore, in their delusional world, if we just make some more. WELCOME ABOARD IT'S GUNS GUNS GUNS!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2015, 08:19 AM
(04-12-2015 11:46 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  For the record I disagreed with Moms' use of green text to halt gun discussion in the last news article. I see no reason to stop the discussion from happening when it happens and where it happens.

You're just complaining. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-12-2015, 01:36 PM
(05-12-2015 07:45 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Guns, exciting and new, buy some more, their killing you. And Guns, worshipers ignore, let them spray, kill some more. THE GUN BOAT, soon will be making another run, THE GUN BOAT, promises death for everyone, set course for adventure a pretend bad ass, and guns, wont hurt anymore, in their delusional world, if we just make some more. WELCOME ABOARD IT'S GUNS GUNS GUNS!

I will hunt you down and kill you with my bare hands. Death by gun is too good for you. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-12-2015, 01:39 PM
(05-12-2015 07:45 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Guns, exciting and new, buy some more, their killing you. And Guns, worshipers ignore, let them spray, kill some more. THE GUN BOAT, soon will be making another run, THE GUN BOAT, promises death for everyone, set course for adventure a pretend bad ass, and guns, wont hurt anymore, in their delusional world, if we just make some more. WELCOME ABOARD IT'S GUNS GUNS GUNS!

Facepalm have fun getting banned when you are constantly told not to debate guns in this thread and yet you continue.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Q. How many NRA members does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. More guns!!!

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
06-12-2015, 08:43 AM

My psychopathic dream is to get a tomahawk or slingshot kill. Guns are just my more rational 2nd but more likely option. If only I could send the world back to pre stone age when things were actually interesting Sad

First world problems...

'Murican Canadian
06-12-2015, 10:24 AM
if so the background should be an american flag for every part of the forum.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-12-2015, 10:34 AM
(06-12-2015 10:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  if so the background should be an american flag for every part of the forum.

What are you responding to?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2015, 10:37 AM
(06-12-2015 10:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 10:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  if so the background should be an american flag for every part of the forum.

What are you responding to?

I think he is responding to the OP, saying if there is a specific gun forum section it should have an american flag background.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze