Firearms/Second Amendment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2011, 01:32 PM
RE: Firearms/Second Amendment
(28-01-2011 01:28 PM)aesirus Wrote:  Support the 2A? I do.

[Image: IMAG0010.jpg]

We liberal atheist Americans also support the 2A. We are just more reasonable in that support.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2011, 03:13 PM
There's the buzzword, "reasonable". The next one I love is, 'you don't NEED' <insert gun or accessory here>.

I have a few diehard liberal friends, who I argue with on occasion, that are also gun owners.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
28-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Those firearms in the picture would need special licences in Canada. I have a firearm permit, but it does not allow me to own those types of firearms.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
28-01-2011, 07:25 PM
(28-01-2011 03:13 PM)aesirus Wrote:  There's the buzzword, "reasonable". The next one I love is, 'you don't NEED' <insert gun or accessory here>.

In the US it's a buzzword. In other countries it's a standard.
28-01-2011, 11:24 PM
(28-01-2011 03:13 PM)aesirus Wrote:  There's the buzzword, "reasonable". The next one I love is, 'you don't NEED' <insert gun or accessory here>.

Reasonable has never been a buzzword to me. In fact this is the first time I've ever heard it referred to as a buzzword.

As for "need", do you feel you need multiple handguns? If not, then why do you have them? I really am curious.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
29-01-2011, 01:47 AM
(28-01-2011 11:24 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

Reasonable has never been a buzzword to me. In fact this is the first time I've ever heard it referred to as a buzzword.

As for "need", do you feel you need multiple handguns? If not, then why do you have them? I really am curious.

Among 2a supporters 'reasonable' is usually the first term thrown out before a list of government restrictions.

I don't "need" multiple handguns. I "want" multiple handguns. No one really needs a Hummer or 3 cars. The reason for me wanting multiple weapons is irrelevant. It should not be the place of government to tell me I only need a 10 round magazine or 1 gun a month. Especially since it's one of a handful of civil liberties directly written in the constitution.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
29-01-2011, 04:18 AM
(29-01-2011 01:47 AM)aesirus Wrote:  I don't "need" multiple handguns. I "want" multiple handguns. No one really needs a Hummer or 3 cars. The reason for me wanting multiple weapons is irrelevant. It should not be the place of government to tell me I only need a 10 round magazine or 1 gun a month. Especially since it's one of a handful of civil liberties directly written in the constitution.

The reason for you wanting handguns is irrelevant? Don't you think that would help others understand your motives for voicing yourself so loudly? Or are you saying that it's personal information? Too personal to share in public?

29-01-2011, 10:52 AM
(29-01-2011 04:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(29-01-2011 01:47 AM)aesirus Wrote:  I don't "need" multiple handguns. I "want" multiple handguns. No one really needs a Hummer or 3 cars. The reason for me wanting multiple weapons is irrelevant. It should not be the place of government to tell me I only need a 10 round magazine or 1 gun a month. Especially since it's one of a handful of civil liberties directly written in the constitution.

The reason for you wanting handguns is irrelevant? Don't you think that would help others understand your motives for voicing yourself so loudly? Or are you saying that it's personal information? Too personal to share in public?

No, what he's saying is the only reason he wants multiple handguns is because he wants them. It's like asking why do you want multiple wristwatches? Or several books? And the answer to these questions is "because I fucking can and what's it to you?"

At least that would be my answer Wink

All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.
-- It keeps me warm.
29-01-2011, 11:05 AM

boastful gun owners are just blowhards.... pushing their view of America on others by showing their big guns... oh boy, they must be real Americans, cause they have sooo many guns... a wise gun owner keeps his guns out of sight and knows that the "they will take your guns away " rant is just a ploy to get you to vote against your own best intrest. so relax ... nobody except the thieves you just bragged to want your guns...
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2011, 11:33 AM
(29-01-2011 10:52 AM)Kar98 Wrote:  
(29-01-2011 04:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

No, what he's saying is the only reason he wants multiple handguns is because he wants them. It's like asking why do you want multiple wristwatches? Or several books? And the answer to these questions is "because I fucking can and what's it to you?"

At least that would be my answer Wink

Then my answer to that question would be, "What it is to me is that if it's none of my business, like your answer implies, then why are you flaunting your 'gun collection'?" I just don't get the showing off thing. Like FreeThinker said, a smart gun owner keeps his guns out of sight. Someone who flaunts his guns is what makes me inclined to think that gun control is a good thing. Safety should be the first priority for any gun owner. Bragging on a public forum that you have these firearms just isn't safe.
Taking the "what's it to you?" stance is like saying it's none of my business. If that's the case, then stop making it my business by showing them to me.