Poll: Should guns be legal for civilians to own?
No, none whatsoever
Hunting rifles only
All guns according to current US laws
All guns, full auto included
[Show Results]

Firearms?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-12-2011, 12:49 PM
RE: Firearms?
I don't have a gun - cause I'd shoot somebody. Yeah, person+gun is not always the best algebra. But this fool second amendment certified. That's because I've done the fucking research, and I'm speaking as an American; that fucking algebra works.

Don't give me no fucking statistics. Wanna talk about people and ignorant tool use, let's talk automobiles. Wanna go there? People in cars, yapping on the phone, spinning the dial on the fucking radio with zero conception of f=ma; there's you're criminal element.

A gun is a fucking tool to take down a hostile predator. I don't know what kind of planet is without hostile predators, but this ain't it. People talking anti-gun are talking Utopian dreamland. You wanna talk about effective non-lethal technology like a neural destabilizer put somebody on their ass for twenty four hours, boo yah! Bring it. For one, available non-lethal technology ain't worth a fuck; for two, even if it was, there's always gonna be guys and black powder howitzers.

I don't think about taking other's life, I think about my life. Do I want the government protecting me from myself in my backyard with my black powder howitzer? Fuck no. Go protect some idiot from his cellphone before he kills somebody. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-12-2011, 12:50 PM
(24-12-2011 12:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't have a gun - cause I'd shoot somebody. Yeah, person+gun is not always the best algebra. But this fool second amendment certified. That's because I've done the fucking research, and I'm speaking as an American; that fucking algebra works.

Don't give me no fucking statistics. Wanna talk about people and ignorant tool use, let's talk automobiles. Wanna go there? People in cars, yapping on the phone, spinning the dial on the fucking radio with zero conception of f=ma; there's you're criminal element.

A gun is a fucking tool to take down a hostile predator. I don't know what kind of planet is without hostile predators, but this ain't it. People talking anti-gun are talking Utopian dreamland. You wanna talk about effective non-lethal technology like a neural destabilizer put somebody on their ass for twenty four hours, boo yah! Bring it. For one, available non-lethal technology ain't worth a fuck; for two, even if it was, there's always gonna be guys and black powder howitzers.

I don't think about taking other's life, I think about my life. Do I want the government protecting me from myself in my backyard with my black powder howitzer? Fuck no. Go protect some idiot from his cellphone before he kills somebody. Wink

How ya doin' Johnny? That's a lot of Fucks before lunch. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
24-12-2011, 02:44 PM
(24-12-2011 12:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't have a gun - cause I'd shoot somebody. Yeah, person+gun is not always the best algebra. But this fool second amendment certified. That's because I've done the fucking research, and I'm speaking as an American; that fucking algebra works.

You're makin' good sense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-12-2011, 02:46 PM
(24-12-2011 02:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It's a Christmas Miracle.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
24-12-2011, 02:49 PM
(24-12-2011 02:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Praise the gwynnies?

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2011, 03:01 PM
(24-12-2011 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 02:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Praise the gwynnies?

You've come a long way, my friend.

24-12-2011, 04:08 PM
It seems to always be a matter of conflict between morality and ethical standard where emotions rise and tempers flare. What happens is one person is considering the other person to be stating that their morality is incorrect; and then it's go time, topic be damned.

Here is a very rare case where my morality is in alignment with ethical standard; it would appear that I make a moral stand. But it is actually linguistic shorthand for my first-level ethical standard being in alignment with extant ethical standard; the difference is zero-state. Something like this based upon a lifetime; it ain't likely to change, but recognizing as first level ethical standard means it can change.

Knowing that you are an individual of absolute zero-state morality with a fluid and adaptable first level ethical standard based upon experience is the first step towards enlightenment. Big Grin

The proceeding was a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood atheist Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I keep my tools because I like them. I've never taken anyone shooting and have them say, "Oh those should be banned!" My advice to people who want to ban anything is to set the example. You don't like guns, fine. Don't get one. You don't like gay marriage, fine. Don't be gay and get married. You don't think I "need" this weapon? Mind your own business. People have all kinds of things they don't "need". I have something because I want it. Except that rash that one time but that's a different subject. It amazes me the rationalizations some will go through just to think it's ok for them to allow their opinion to effect how other people should live.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
[+] 2 users Like aesirus's post
03-01-2012, 11:35 AM
(24-12-2011 12:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  People talking anti-gun are talking Utopian dreamland.

I have to agree with this statement. This is in my opinion the problem of many ideologies, from Communism to Libertarianism, from anti-choice to anti-gun. They think that if we make laws the way they want them, everybody is going to play fair and by their rules. Truth is, there will always be someone who won't. Sure we can make anti gun laws and ask everybody to turn in their guns, and because most people are law abiding, they will. But there will always be some, usually the worst part of society at that, that won't, and now they are the ones armed and you are not. And they are also the ones who have zero problem shooting you in the head.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 2 users Like sy2502's post
03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
(03-01-2012 11:35 AM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 12:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  People talking anti-gun are talking Utopian dreamland.

I have to agree with this statement. This is in my opinion the problem of many ideologies, from Communism to Libertarianism, from anti-choice to anti-gun. They think that if we make laws the way they want them, everybody is going to play fair and by their rules. Truth is, there will always be someone who won't. Sure we can make anti gun laws and ask everybody to turn in their guns, and because most people are law abiding, they will. But there will always be some, usually the worst part of society at that, that won't, and now they are the ones armed and you are not. And they are also the ones who have zero problem shooting you in the head.

Right on.

I will believe what the anti-firearm people say when they are willing to put a sign on their front lawns saying:

---ATTENTION!---
No firearms inside

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post