Firing Gay Servicemen(and women)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Firing Gay Servicemen(and women)
(13-01-2016 10:49 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 09:54 AM)yakherder Wrote:  We've got a medic in the brigade (not our unit) who is openly gay. We gave him some shit for deciding to change his last name when he got married, though we probably wouldn't have if we hadn't already known he has a good sense of humor about it. I don't think anyone actually cares. When we're lining up for vaccines or whatever, it's not like anyone says "No way, he might inject me with the gay!" It's one of those things that was briefly a conversation topic that was quickly forgotten. He does his job and he does it well, so people quickly lost interest. I imagine it will be much the same way when our new female addition finally shows up in the next month or two.

I just can't imagine whether in a firefight that it crosses your mind whether the guy next to you finds other men attractive. That has nothing to do with protecting your brother. Carson may be pandering for votes, but I just can't get my mind around on why anyone can actually think that one's sexual orientation has anything to do with their ability to do this job.

Also YH, do you have any apprehensions to going into battle with a female as long as she passed the same training you did?
Call me chauvinist, but my "problem" might have been a tendency toward overprotectiveness of any female team members. At least initially.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Homosexual who knows what the fuck they are doing>Heterosexual who doesn't

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-01-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding. What he meant is that he want to help them blow their load.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-01-2016, 05:23 PM
(13-01-2016 03:11 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 10:49 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I just can't imagine whether in a firefight that it crosses your mind whether the guy next to you finds other men attractive. That has nothing to do with protecting your brother. Carson may be pandering for votes, but I just can't get my mind around on why anyone can actually think that one's sexual orientation has anything to do with their ability to do this job.

Also YH, do you have any apprehensions to going into battle with a female as long as she passed the same training you did?
Call me chauvinist, but my "problem" might have been a tendency toward overprotectiveness of any female team members. At least initially.

The thought has crossed my mind. But, realistically, it isn't any different for our male soldiers. We'd already put ourselves into harm's way or, for that matter, level anything in our path to get to one of our own. Is it really possible to get more overprotective?

'Murican Canadian
13-01-2016, 08:54 PM
What I don't get is why do people hear that someone is gay and immediately assume that he finds every guy attractive? Do straight guys find every single female attractive? And if so wouldn't that be a bigger problem? 50% of the population infatuated with the other 50% compared to 10% of the population. Why allow men to be in the armed forces at all? I mean, women work there. Surely a males soldiers performance on the battlefield will cost lives when a women driving a hummer pulls up because instead of dragging his injured comrades into the hummer to safety he'll immediately just pull out his dick and start chocking the chicken right than and there.
I don't know about you but if I was in a foxhole I don't trust that my straight comrade wont just randomly start fapping off to any slight sighting of something that resembles a women and not drag me to safety.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
13-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Good thing he is nothing but a fart in the whirlwind of politics.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-01-2016, 09:23 PM
(13-01-2016 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What I don't get is why do people hear that someone is gay and immediately assume that he finds every guy attractive? Do straight guys find every single female attractive? And if so wouldn't that be a bigger problem? 50% of the population infatuated with the other 50% compared to 10% of the population. Why allow men to be in the armed forces at all? I mean, women work there. Surely a males soldiers performance on the battlefield will cost lives when a women driving a hummer pulls up because instead of dragging his injured comrades into the hummer to safety he'll immediately just pull out his dick and start chocking the chicken right than and there.
I don't know about you but if I was in a foxhole I don't trust that my straight comrade wont just randomly start fapping off to any slight sighting of something that resembles a women and not drag me to safety.

When the closest to privacy available is the porta potty, we tend to not be too concerned about fapping privately anyway.

'Murican Canadian
13-01-2016, 09:48 PM
(13-01-2016 09:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I spent twenty years in the USN ('69-'89) and knew a few sailors who admitted to being gay, plus a few SWAGs* as well. In that entire time I don't recall a single situation where sexual orientation interfered with our mission. Homophobes were far more likely to cause problems from my experience.

*Scientific Wild Ass Guess

I served in the Navy from '72 to '76, and being gay was a way to get an administrative discharge, if one admitted to it. I have even observed that officers could admit this and lose their commissions. An interesting way to get out of the military after having them pay for their degrees. My main concern was doing my job, as was everybody else's; there were, of course, comments made about being gay. In those days I was homophobic. I won't deny it. I've grown up a bit in the last 40 years.
13-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Oh and can I just add that if straight men have issues with women or gays in the military why do we have to not allow women or gays in the military? It's the straight mens problems, not us ladies. I propose the WAGO Act, Women And Gays Only Act.
Not only does that solve the women and gays in the military problem (because you remove the people that have a problem with it) BUT it solves the discrimination problem because you're not discriminating against anyone because according to these same people that have an issue with women and gays in the military being gay is a choice so they always have the option to join.

For a group of people that love getting their cocks sucked, they sure do like to put up as many barriers as possible between themselves and those that will do the actual sucking.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-01-2016, 10:09 PM
(13-01-2016 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do straight guys find every single female attractive?

Apparently muffs isn't gay or straight.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac