First Cause

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2012, 07:02 AM
First Cause
So! I'm trying to rant about my Gwynnies, and somebody goes, oh yeah, Greta Christina has an argument about that! And I'm like, grrr... Evil_monster

But then I'm like Heart cause, you know, Gwynnies - my first cause - and I went to look stuff up, and sure enough, Greta Christina has got an argument about this too. Wink

Seeing that reminded me of a simple problem with this simplistic solution of "everything's gotta have a cause." Ice cold Pepsi. Big Grin

I put my soda down; and later there's this ring of moisture on the table. Oh noes! Where did that come from? Consider

And the answer is, of course, atmospheric humidity. First cause? Well, no. There also has to be a temperature differential. Cause if you're ice-cold Pepsi is forty degrees, and your ambient temperature is forty degrees... why the heck you drinking cold Pepsi! Big Grin

And if there is no humidity in the air, that air surely cannot form water around the base of your glass. Consider

I don't understand the mentality that stops asking questions. I even ask myself, why the heck am I so infatuated with that silly, skinny blonde. All the time... er, unless I'm stuck staring into that silly blonde's eyes. And them dang theists, don't even have that as an excuse! Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-07-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: First Cause
You only need a first cause if the universe is intuitive. Aquinas/Aristotle didn't get that. Use the Summa as a coaster, for your Pepsi.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 07:30 AM
(22-07-2012 07:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You only need a first cause if the universe is intuitive.

Antonyms: calculated, meditated, reasoned, taught... Consider

Big Grin

22-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Here's another argument by the Uncredible Hallq.

And I'm looking for more. It's PZ Myers's fault, for having some kinda stupid adsense going on his blog that yelled at me last night - 5 reasons why God exists! Which hadda be Aquinas... grrr. Can't I have my atheism without any bullshit religious bullshit? I'm thinking, not... Censored

22-07-2012, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 08:03 AM by Thomas.)
Refering to the post: Uncredible Hallq.
Just another series of false dichotomies set up by those wanting to belive in something more than there is.
All of these arguments are logical fallacies and a waste of time.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
22-07-2012, 08:08 AM
(22-07-2012 07:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here's another argument by the Uncredible Hallq.

And I'm looking for more. It's PZ Myers's fault, for having some kinda stupid adsense going on his blog that yelled at me last night - 5 reasons why God exists! Which hadda be Aquinas... grrr. Can't I have my atheism without any bullshit religious bullshit? I'm thinking, not... Censored
I don't see it. Can you linky ? Tongue

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Greta, is that you?
Tongue

Best thing I've read all morning. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-07-2012, 08:33 AM
(22-07-2012 08:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 07:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here's another argument by the Uncredible Hallq.

I don't see it. Can you linky ? Tongue

It was some adsense crap. It's evil. Evil_monster

I talk smack about it, and now what's it doing? Linking to Sophia . The noodly ways of the FSM are not for mortal comprehension - other than "yer fucked." Big Grin

22-07-2012, 08:37 AM
(22-07-2012 08:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 08:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't see it. Can you linky ? Tongue

It was some adsense crap. It's evil. Evil_monster

I talk smack about it, and now what's it doing? Linking to Sophia . The noodly ways of the FSM are not for mortal comprehension - other than "yer fucked." Big Grin
FSM rewardeth thy persistance. http://www.everystudent.com/features/ist...4AodegcAvg #2. Go get 'em, Buckster. Wink

22-07-2012, 09:01 AM
(22-07-2012 08:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 08:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It was some adsense crap. It's evil. Evil_monster

FSM rewardeth thy persistance. http://www.everystudent.com/features/ist...4AodegcAvg #2. Go get 'em, Buckster. Wink
No place to comment. The usual nonsense, plus some more REALLY crazy stuff. Like "water" ?? Hahaha. She's an idiot.
The clue is the first paragraph .. bible quotes. Sorry. Life is short.