First Church of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2015, 10:11 AM
First Church of God
Whenever I see this sign -- I wonder -- "Really?"

The First??

How come you never see "The 24th Church of God"???

Nooo..

Everybody's gotta be first......

It's like reincarnation --- everybody was a warrior priest, king, queen or something cool. This life is never an upgrade from the time they were "Urt - the stable cleaning boy".

Makes me think these people are a bit on the egotistical side....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-05-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: First Church of God
Egoistical? It is not like the faithfull believe that entire world was created for them, and god-creator watch what they do. Or is it?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-05-2015, 10:16 AM
I t would be more appropriate to call it "Jesus's Number 2".

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
03-05-2015, 10:19 AM
(03-05-2015 10:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's like reincarnation --- everybody was a warrior priest, king, queen or something cool.
Hey hey hey!
I was a battle cleric in my previous life. Sad
Of course by 'previous life' I mean my D&D days in the 80s..... but that's beside the point!

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
03-05-2015, 10:20 AM
They aren't claiming that they're the first church worshiping the one true God or anything like that. Usually "First" in the name of a church means it was the first church of that denomination established in that town or area. Occasionally you'll see something like "Second Baptist Church" in a place that already has a "First Baptist," but usually they'll pick another name. And "Church of God" is a denominational name used by several protestant groups.

I'm just thinking out loud.
03-05-2015, 10:21 AM
(03-05-2015 10:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  It would be more appropriate to call it "Jesus's Number 2".

Laugh out load Laugh out load

Two LOLs. Although I've heard it described as "all piss anyway" so calling your church #1 may not actually be all that inappropriate.
03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
(03-05-2015 10:21 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 10:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  It would be more appropriate to call it "Jesus's Number 2".

Laugh out load Laugh out load

Two LOLs. Although I've heard it described as "all piss anyway" so calling your church #1 may not actually be all that inappropriate.

Very valid point.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
03-05-2015, 11:18 AM
"The 10,234,101th Church of Christ: Better than those schmucks at 10,234,100!"
[+] 1 user Likes Dusky's post
03-05-2015, 11:22 AM
(03-05-2015 10:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Whenever I see this sign -- I wonder -- "Really?"

The First??

How come you never see "The 24th Church of God"???

Nooo..

Everybody's gotta be first......

It's like reincarnation --- everybody was a warrior priest, king, queen or something cool. This life is never an upgrade from the time they were "Urt - the stable cleaning boy".

Makes me think these people are a bit on the egotistical side....

I thought of that the first time I read your post lol. I was just going to come in here and say that.

I too also think that. someday I am going to walk in and give them flak about them not being the first.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
They may not be the first church. But you can bet they're the first ones to get everything right.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.