First GOP Debate!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 07:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: First GOP Debate!
They all suck at thinking on their feet other than Trump. Trump at 35% tomorrow.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Televised political "debates" are to debate, what "Big Time Wrestling" is to wrestling...

Just without the pretty ringside girls................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-08-2015, 07:53 PM
(06-08-2015 07:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Televised political "debates" are to debate, what "Big Time Wrestling" is to wrestling...

Megyn Kelly's in the middle.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-08-2015, 08:00 PM
(06-08-2015 07:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Televised political "debates" are to debate, what "Big Time Wrestling" is to wrestling...

Megyn Kelly's in the middle.
Don't know her....

But -- she's sorta cute -- if you go for the "blonde with dark roots" kinda look..............

(thanks to Google)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Closing statements and god talk coming up. Should be laughable.
06-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(06-08-2015 08:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Megyn Kelly's in the middle.
Don't know her....

But -- she's sorta cute -- if you go for the "blonde with dark roots" kinda look..............

(thanks to Google)
She is a regular on Bill Oriley and fills in sometimes. I agree very cute. Keep the commentaries coming, I can't watch it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
06-08-2015, 09:11 PM
I think I have a concussion from how much I was facepalming during the debate.

I'm pretty sure I lost 20 IQ points

*twitches*

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
06-08-2015, 09:48 PM
(06-08-2015 09:11 PM)Worom Wrote:  I think I have a concussion from how much I was facepalming during the debate.

I'm pretty sure I lost 20 IQ points

*twitches*

I felt the same.... Until afterwards when one of the commentators said that Hillary didn't come up very much at all. BRO, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??
THEN, my idiot, conservative brother "trump"-ed that by bitching that they didn't even let Trump get a word in. again... BRO, WHAT TBE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??
He literally talked the most, without saying a damn thing.
06-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Oh, and I loved how Huckabee admitted to wanting a Christian theocracy in his closing statement....
[+] 2 users Like EppurSiMuove's post
07-08-2015, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 01:27 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
Here are my thoughts.

Most of those candidates messages are tuned to appeal to focus groups. The problem with tuning your message this way is you don't always get it right. Let me give you an example. Many years ago, In response the Pepsi Challenge, Cocacola decided to change up its recipe. Focus groups, in which people only took a sip of the drink, showed that people preferred Pepsi. Cocacola changed its recipe so that when people sipped it, they preferred it over Pepsi. New Coke was born and it was an utter disaster.

The problem was in actuality people do not take a sip of Coke or Pepsi. They drink an entire can or bottle. Taking a just a sip is much different experience than drinking an entire can.

Trump is the same. You take in a sip of him, and you don't like him much. But when you look at the complete package, he is a lot more appealing. At least to a lot of Americans.

Now I won't be voting for Trump. I don't believe him. I don't believe him when he says he is pro-life and I will not vote for a pro-choice candidate. What I do think will happen is Trump and Clinton will get the nomination. Trump will destroy Clinton in the debates and win the election.