First GOP Debate!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: First GOP Debate!
(15-08-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 05:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  what if I am sick or stupid and I can not contribute a lot, but my needs are greater then I contribute?

Obviously you should be left to die. Or euthanized. Drinking Beverage

Vote Girly! The only registered Republican candidate with a pragmatic solution ... finally!

(15-08-2015 05:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay. I think I have been duped and Alla is a man playing a woman trolling us.

Yup. I came to that same conclusion a few pages ago when played her 'gender' card.

Don't sweat it. Most of the time we're writing for a future auduence.

Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2015, 03:36 AM
(16-08-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Obviously you should be left to die. Or euthanized. Drinking Beverage

Vote Girly! The only registered Republican candidate with a pragmatic solution ... finally!

I'd vote for Girly is he promised to dress up as Sexy Santa™ for his Inauguration Address. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-08-2015, 04:00 AM
(16-08-2015 03:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Vote Girly! The only registered Republican candidate with a pragmatic solution ... finally!

I'd vote for Girly is he promised to dress up as Sexy Santa™ for his Inauguration Address. Thumbsup

[Image: botw99.jpg]

Girly seems like a candidate who can get things done, albeit with a bit more sumo than might be considered orthodox.

But I can't vote for him, unfortunately. Besides, if even if I could, I'm already pledged to support the Sterling/Milk campaign.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-08-2015, 04:46 AM
(15-08-2015 01:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm not anti-business/anti-corporation; I simply recognize that they are sociopaths in the sense that their only motivation is profit. If you charge them $50,000 a day for dumping carcinogens in the water, and they can make $75,000/day by doing it, they'll cut a check daily. I have seen it! Indeed, when I got cancer in 2008 at the age of 31, I figured it was a direct result of all the chemical-laden streams/rivers I have had to crawl through, taking samples for analysis.

Capitalism is good at one thing and one thing only, generating profits. So if you have an interest that is not best served by seeking profits (such as education, environmental protection, infrastructure, social welfare, justice system, etc.), then you had best keep them out of the hands of private business with profit-motivated agendas.

Just look at the private encroachment into the 'corrections' industry, the privately owned and operated prisons. They're sold to taxpayers as a cost-saving option, but it's total bullshit. If the goal is rehabilitation, then low recidivism is good; you don't want people repeating the same cycle and entering prison again. But if you're a private prison, and you're getting paid per head, then it's in your best financial interest for a higher recidivism; so you have zero motive in put money into job training or any other programs aimed at helping people return as productive members of society once they leave prison. Maybe if it gets high enough and you run out of room, you can get the state to give you funds to build another prison for the extra room that is needed, which in turn will generate even more profits at tax-payer's expense. Here we can see that the private profit-driven goal is diametrically opposed to what's in the best interest of the public.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Quote: "The founding mantra of the Danish welfare system was essentially, “contribute what you can and get what you need.” Today, the system operates more in accordance with the idea that you should “contribute what you can and get in proportion to your contribution.” In other words, it has effectively changed from a system rooted in solidarity to one rooted in individualism.
Although reciprocity has arguably always undergirded the Danish Model, the obligation for people to work seems to have begun to take priority over society’s obligation to provide for the needy."

Why did Danish policy-makers change the mantra?

If "contribute what you can and get what you need" is so wonderful and people were so happy why did policy-makers change it to "contribute what you can and get in proportion to your contribution"?

Let me guess.

What do I like better? to work a lot(contribute to the best of my ability) and to get only what I need? or to work a little(not to the best of my ability) while getting more than I need?
Hmmm.. I think I want to work less so I can spend more time traveling in Europe. Traveling in Europe is exactly what I NEED.

Why did policy-makers changed the mantra to "contribute what you can and get in proportion to you contribution"?
Hmmm... may be they realized how stupid the first mantra is? May be when people do not work(contribute) too much but they NEED a lot, they will be out of money?

If I LOVE first mantra I will NOT love the second one so much. I will want back old mantra.

So, what about the second mantra? Why don't people like it as much as the first one?
Hmmm.....I love to work a little and get a lot. Now if I work a little I get a little. I hate to work a lot. I become more poor.

Is this(2nd mantra) going to work? May be, but for how long?

Hello Greece.

P.S. I can be wrong. I am open minded, I want to hear different opinions.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-08-2015, 09:57 AM
At work.

Off top of my head your post is simplistic and swaps around word usage 'dishonestly'.

Counter example:

The directors who oversee 'work' on company boards. You can not say their 'work' is the same as a farmer or a builder. Yet, all three would seem necessary.

I believe it is the perceived disparity in earnings 'for' work that is in contention/dispute.
16-08-2015, 12:21 PM
(16-08-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Vote Girly! The only registered Republican candidate with a pragmatic solution ... finally!

No can do. Hatch Act and all that. I'd lose my job. But I'm only 3 years from retirement so maybe next election cycle. Big Grin

I'd start with making this Executive Order.

(16-08-2015 03:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'd vote for Girly is he promised to dress up as Sexy Santa™ for his Inauguration Address. Thumbsup

Don't mean I can't dress up like Santa though. Big Grin

[Image: santa_1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 12:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 05:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay. I think I have been duped and Alla is a man playing a woman trolling us.

Yup. I came to that same conclusion a few pages ago when played her 'gender' card.

Give me that link. I just figured she looked like a hairy man 'cause she was from Ukraine where everybody looks like a hairy man, men women and children alike.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2015, 07:02 PM
(16-08-2015 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup. I came to that same conclusion a few pages ago when played her 'gender' card.

Give me that link. I just figured she looked like a hairy man 'cause she was from Ukraine where everybody looks like a hairy man, men women and children alike.

Bwahahahahahaha.

Bloody hell GirlyMan you made me spill my tea! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-08-2015, 05:42 PM
(16-08-2015 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup. I came to that same conclusion a few pages ago when played her 'gender' card.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
I love your sense of humor. Thumbsup

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED