First GOP Debate!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: First GOP Debate!
Sharing is good.
To share from the heart is good.
To force someone to share is evil.
To share a lot of the money with the government is stupid.
baaaa-baaaaa

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Do you like to be sheeple?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-08-2015, 10:02 PM
(19-08-2015 09:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  Do you like to be sheeple?

Are we talking in a political or religious context? I'd say you almost have to be a sheeple to some godly sheepherder to be religious. Take you for example.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-08-2015, 10:06 PM
(19-08-2015 10:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 09:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  Do you like to be sheeple?

Are we talking in a political or religious context? I'd say you almost have to be a sheeple to some godly sheepherder to be religious. Take you for example.

I'm always taken by fond surprise when hearing church services in pray talk about being Jesus's sheep.

Its no surprise so many people want to keep the concept of religion and that idea in politics too

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
19-08-2015, 10:22 PM
It's part of their religious psychology: project your own failings onto the other side in an attempt to rationalize obvious inferiority. Creationists throw the "we all have beliefs and yours is just a theory, too" out there and try to call the Scientific Method "irrational" while talking about clay-men and magical knowledge-fruit... likewise, with people who spend all their time figuring out "The One Correct Doctrine™ for Everyone to Follow" then get on their knees to bleat to their blood-god sky-tyrant in unison not to destroy them for failing to "think correctly" ("not sin", as they call it) turn right around and call others sheep. It's basic Projection.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-08-2015, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2015 05:51 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-08-2015 09:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sharing is good.
To share from the heart is good.
To force someone to share is evil.
To share a lot of the money with the government is stupid.
baaaa-baaaaa

Okay. You stop paying taxes, and in exchange for that you're never allowed to use public roads, drink public water, make use of public parks. Not only that but you can no longer call for help from police, paramedics, firefighters, rely on the military to defend you, the coast guard to rescue you, or the EPA to protect your environment. You also cannot use our courts to sue anyone who has wronged you now that you are no longer under the protection of the law, because it's enforced by a government you no longer help pay to maintain.

Actually, just renounce your citizenship and go live out in international waters; because that's the only way you'll be able to escape the evils of involuntary sharing!

(dun-dun-duuuuuun!!!)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-08-2015, 10:45 PM
I can't tell at this point if she's a hardline Republican, an Ayn Rand-style radical Libertarian, or a freakin' Anarchist!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-08-2015, 11:58 PM
(19-08-2015 10:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I can't tell at this point if she's a hardline Republican, an Ayn Rand-style radical Libertarian, or a freakin' Anarchist!

We she does have the Randian background of having far too much of an unjustified rational position against community organized grouping for others to benefit. Allah keeps taking things to excessive slippery slopes saying it must wind up like communist USSR since that occurred before.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-08-2015, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2015 02:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-08-2015 10:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I can't tell at this point if she's a hardline Republican, an Ayn Rand-style radical Libertarian, or a freakin' Anarchist!

Libertarians are always fun, because not a one of them realizes that their core doctrine (maximum liberty) can only be achieved through perfect equality, which cannot happen in a zero-regulation anarchy. So their two core philosophies, maximum liberty and zero regulation, are inherently contradictory; laissez faire markets are not going to get you the equitable distribution of resources to allow for everyone to maximize their potential liberty.

So yeah, maximum liberty and a lack of market interference, the two core tenants of Libertarianism, directly conflict with one another. Which is why it's an interesting concept to talk about when you're in college high on micro-brews and doing 'not fucked in the ass by life' math in your head, but it crumbles once you take it out of the theoretical micro-level and start to layer reality over top of it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-08-2015, 05:36 AM

Libertarian would be my guess. And, as with her religion, she hasn't thought things through. Might not be completely her fault: her religion treats her as a second citizen, and maybe her education didn't teach her critical thinking skills. She's prey who's conned herself into thinking she's a predator.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post