First Look at Noah

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: First Look at Noah
Hey, Jeff.

Quote: How do you know this?

Because people are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

I'm with KC. There's no actual discussion occurring. And none was suggested in the OP. To me it just seems like a thread of, "Look! Bible stuff!"

I just don't get what you're after.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Wasn't this already done in Evan Almighty? Why do we need another Noah movie for fundamentalist Christians to jack off to?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
15-08-2012, 06:39 PM
IMDB has it listed under "Fantasy" Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
15-08-2012, 08:25 PM
(15-08-2012 06:51 AM)Ghost Wrote:  To me it just seems like a thread of, "Look! Bible stuff!"

Is a "Look! Bible stuff" thread prohibited here?

(15-08-2012 06:51 AM)Ghost Wrote:  I just don't get what you're after.

Simply sharing a news story of interest to atheists.
15-08-2012, 08:54 PM
The point is, it's entertainment, therefore should be in the entertainment section. All threads on the forum in any section are presumably interesting to atheists.. it's a forum with many atheists Wink

Doesn't matter that the topic of the film is on the bible. The thread is not presenting any point on that case.. it's just acknowledging the film is being made. There is a proper section for threads to fit into when it's on such topics.

I'm curious how it will pan out. I love Daren Aronofsky's films.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2012, 09:34 PM
First Look at Noah
I wonder which forum one should post a thread about debating what forum a thread must be posted under? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
15-08-2012, 09:39 PM
(15-08-2012 09:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I wonder which forum one should post a thread about debating what forum a thread must be posted under? Consider

That goes under the subcommittee forum on forum minutes and referred questions from previous forums in the sub-forum on misplaced mythological fora, from the Old Testament's previous forums, but only those opened since July 4th, (first five books only please). Anything later will have to go elsewhere.
You are the new Chairman. Please see to it this movie credits the source : The 11th Tablet of the Gilgamesh Epic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-08-2012, 09:44 PM
First Look at Noah
I'm sorry, but I must interrupt the gentleman from Atlantis. You were not recognized by the chair and you have not been given the floor. However, because of your eagerness to serve, you are hereby appointed to chair the sub-sub committee to discuss whether to table this matter until the sub-sub-sub committee has come to a general consensus.

Next?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm guessing they aren't going to show the part about how Noah managed to shovel all that poo poo. Or the part about how he got animals from the other side of the world onto the ark. Or the part about how he kept the animals from eating each other. Or the part about how Noah probably ended up swatting the only 2 mosquitoes on board. Speaking of which, how did he get all those insects on board anyway? I really hope they do show that part. House flies are particularly nasty to catch.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
16-08-2012, 09:55 PM
(16-08-2012 11:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Or the part about how Noah probably ended up swatting the only 2 mosquitoes on board. Speaking of which, how did he get all those insects on board anyway?]

He didn't, at least not according to theologians. Bugs wouldn't be considered "creeping things that creep upon the earth", especially if they fly. The general assumption is that they floated on broken trees or some such objects.

Additionally, I just had to share this:

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user