First Post

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2010, 09:13 PM
First Post
Hi
This is my first post. I have been reading posts for a couple of months now, but I decided to join mostly because I remember a Kirk Cameron video that I saw here (I am sure that I saw it here even though I can't find it now). This video is about him losing his faith in atheism. He claimed that he blindly believed what scientists said because he thought that he was sophisticated. Interesting. I thought blind faith was what religious people do. I know a that a lot of theists are theists because they follow the crowd, but I didn't know that some atheists are atheists for that same reason. It seems that Kirk Camoron was simply following one crowd (atheists) and then switched to following another (creationists).
I have extreme doubts as to whether he understood anything that science had to offer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2010, 09:41 PM

RE: First Post
(30-08-2010 09:13 PM)No J. Wrote:  Hi
This is my first post. ...
I have extreme doubts as to whether he understood anything that science had to offer.

Welcome No. J.

I'm Paul. I'm new here myself, but thought I would welcome you anyway.
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2010, 11:33 PM
That "Atheists are blind believers" stuff always totally confuses me. It's like I hold out a book full of photos, give the guy a fossil and a book on radio dating with a stat book for the fossil and say I believe this is from a carnivore that lived 200 million years ago. He says my belief is "Blind faith"

I'm even confused right now O.O

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
31-08-2010, 08:24 AM
First off, welcome to TTAF!

(30-08-2010 09:13 PM)No J. Wrote:  I have extreme doubts as to whether he understood anything that science had to offer.

He didn't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
05-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Welcome. Cameron may have once been an atheist, but he was in no way, shape, or form a thinking atheist.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!