First Successful Auditory Brain Stem Implant (This is amazing)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: First Successful Auditory Brain Stem Implant (This is amazing)
(21-06-2013 12:08 PM)kim Wrote:  I noticed that "faith journey" comment. Is that something from the family specifically or is that some local religious shit which people or this news telecast is into? Neither parent made any comment relating to anything but the medical and technological advancements. One has to wonder where that came from.

That comment is typical of what you hear in daily conversation in Charlotte, and pretty much thru the south. Little pieces tucked in here and there all day long. And many days just in your face. A small comment, not really threatening on its own-so it makes you look like a jerk when you just want to tell someone to STFU. The cumulative effect of those comments is tiring.

"It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it." -pablo. Bowing
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I'll bet.
I'd also bet, if that couple came back and requested that the news castor retract that "this is their faith journey" remark, the couple would get a load of shit about it.
Shit. So often ... mostly because of this, I just want to leave the country I love. Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
21-06-2013, 01:08 PM
(21-06-2013 12:43 PM)kim Wrote:  I'll bet.
I'd also bet, if that couple came back and requested that the news castor retract that "this is their faith journey" remark, the couple would get a load of shit about it.
Shit. So often ... mostly because of this, I just want to leave the country I love. Undecided

It would be huge.

Charlotte sits very close to the NC/SC border.

It's the home of the Billy Graham Library. Franklin Graham is always jumping in front of the news cameras when he gets a chance to talk about Sammaritan's Purse and their disaster relief team. So anytime something happens in another state-they get an interview because they are sending a team. Any holiday-contact the Grahams. sigh.

Just down the road are the remnants of the PTL campus-- Jim & Tammy Faye Bakkers church.

I just want to move. Sad

"It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it." -pablo. Bowing
21-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Just get used to it, it's never going to stop