First Trans Deacon Appointed in Methodist Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 09:42 AM
RE: First Trans Deacon Appointed in Methodist Church
(10-06-2017 09:33 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 09:18 AM)AB517 Wrote:  you two are groupies. maybe a shim and a girlman dating where one boy is the female and the mate girl is the man. i don't know. why would I sift through claims of two metals?

So the fact are:

1) I claimed equal rights for all
2) you claim i am choosing words you don't like.

its not rocket science here ladies, men, err whatever you identity you choose for yourselves.

Equal rights for all with one breath; slanders minorities with another. Your insincerity is literally despicable. If you don't care what you say or how you use words, than I certainly don't need to give anything you say any meaningful consideration.

I just agree with Vera, though I will confess I like her infinitely more than I like you.

Hug

That's for Vera

[Image: middle_finger_salute_retro_postcard-rb9b...vr_324.jpg]

That's for you.

the problem with forums is that we have teenagers learning how to disregard facts in favor personal emotional needs. these teenagers then go tell authority to go fuck off. You know, when the authority is asking for something reasonable, like no skate boarding in the mall.

teenagers don't have discretion. and they won't learn it here.

Fuck everybody that Doesn't think like you.
fuck anybody that you don't like.

Good stuff at the thinking atheists.

of course they didn't address on fact. the fact that gays should have equal rights while at the same time they should not infringe or other people's rights.

just like the rest of us.

I pointed out earlier, today in the states its about getting what you can for you and yours first. This was a real life example of how true it is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 09:44 AM
not only will I not be leaving, i will be making it a point to push a middle of the roader's point of view.

liberal liberal and liberal conservative.
No, we do not fit in with most activists.
thats a good thing.
10-06-2017, 09:55 AM
More nebulous, unbacked opinions, delivered as 'facts.' Thinks being moderate involves using slurs on minorities, ignores semantics, and continually calls himself professional without adding any credibility.

First person I've put on ignore.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
10-06-2017, 11:01 AM
(10-06-2017 09:33 AM)AB517 Wrote:  "because the world is unprofessional doesn't mean we have to be. We can approach life in a professional manor and use discretion."

Calling people "fags" is hardly the epitome of professionalism.

That whooshing sound you just heard was your credibility flying out the window.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
10-06-2017, 12:37 PM
(10-06-2017 09:55 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  More nebulous, unbacked opinions, delivered as 'facts.' Thinks being moderate involves using slurs on minorities, ignores semantics, and continually calls himself professional without adding any credibility.

First person I've put on ignore.

Thank you, that is complement.

When reason and comsense mash a worldview; ignore, change, minimize, or flat out lie. the thinking atheist; atheist.

good stuff cos,
well played by you.
10-06-2017, 01:05 PM
(10-06-2017 11:01 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 09:33 AM)AB517 Wrote:  "because the world is unprofessional doesn't mean we have to be. We can approach life in a professional manor and use discretion."

Calling people "fags" is hardly the epitome of professionalism.

That whooshing sound you just heard was your credibility flying out the window.

Yeah, like I said. facts don't matter. "credibility" based on personal belief, personal group think, and personal need rules the day. That was one of my initial claims.

"professional" doesn't mean perfect. I would have even changed the word if she didn't freak out so much. But the freak out does tell me the brain she has. That state is under professional care. again, just a fact. Nothing I can do to change that.

I see people claim that this site is direct and to the point. No BS. I see these people can't seem to handle when it comes back at them. yeah, its me.

This is an excellent example of political correctness out of control. Shim had a freak storm over a word. I may not be perfect, but that freak storm is a red flag. The support of said freak storm is an indication of group thinking in spite of facts. again, just a simple fact any reasonable person can understand.

Reasonable people do not have to overreact to a word. they do not dismiss everything said due to a physical reaction. theist do it all the time. this just shows atheists are not immune.

and don't forget the facts I stated. You guys seem to forget the important facts.

1) gays get every right that everybody else gets. they only lose rights when those actions begin to infringe on others rights. just like everybody else.

she cut out the "gays get rights just like the rest of us." And you seem to think that is ok by defending it because I used the word faggot.

so your credibility based on your friend's fread out secret word (who pays the site by the way) and my credibility based on what was said are not on equal terms.

will versa shim admit that she is under professional care? or will we all pretend that freak storm is rational?
10-06-2017, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 02:32 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I adore Vera, but I have to say I actually agree with AB on this one. He hasn't said anything here I can see that is homophobic, other than using a term that is impolite to describe them, because of its typical use (to denigrate). But it's pretty clear from his context that he doesn't care what orientation, etc., anyone is, in terms of their liberty, dignity, and equal protection of law.

I think Patton Oswalt covered this one better than I could:

AB is the "second guy", in the two-guys-scenario in the second half of the video.

Edit to Add: AB, you're still an asshole for attacking her mental health condition as a way of gaslighting her because you don't like her overreaction to your use of a word that is almost universally considered an insulting way to describe homosexuals. You were free to make your counter-argument without doing that. So you're right, in general, but still a shitty person for the way you did it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
10-06-2017, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 02:51 PM by Vera.)
Go back and read the rest of his senile stuff. The "jokes" aimed at a person talking about homophobia how she *must* be gay. Dragging liberalism into everything. And being so full of shit and of himself (granted, the two are barely distinguishable) when he's completely incoherent and ignorant? No one can be this ignorant and this arrogant at the same time.

And yes, if this is how you normally refer to gay people you are a bigot.

And RocketSurgeon, I don't have a mental condition, so there is nothing to attack. At least I had the decency to attack the vile, backwards, Neanderthal piece of shit that he *actually* is. And will continue to do so as long as he insists on leaving his shit in this place.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 02:55 PM
(10-06-2017 02:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  Go back and read the rest of his senile stuff. The "jokes" aimed at a person talking homophobia how she *must* be gay. Dragging liberalism into everything. And being so full of shit and of himself (granted, the two are barely distinguishable) when he's completely incoherent and ignorant? No one can be this ignorant and this arrogant at the same time.

Yeah, he's an asshole. But I think we have ample evidence that people are capable of being ignorant and arrogant to degrees that simply seem astounding to normal people. We elected such a person President, in my country. Dodgy

Indeed, I would say ignorance and arrogance are inextricably linked. That's essentially the premise behind Dunning-Kreuger Syndrome.

That still doesn't mean that his use of the term "fag" makes him automatically a bigot, and I don't think he's wrong about word policing. Again, please watch the Patton Oswalt video to see what I mean.

(10-06-2017 02:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  And yes, if this is how you normally refer to gay people you are a bigot.

No, in that case "you" are an asshole who refuses to respect the desire of most gay people to not be referred to by a term that is usually derogatory when used. I suspect that there are many, many, many such people to whom he would speak with such disrespectful language... because he's an asshole.

If he's using it in a derogatory way, or saying that gay people are lessers... or that they should not have the rights everyone else says... then he is a bigot, and only then. This just makes him an insensitive jerk. They're not the same thing.

(10-06-2017 02:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  And RocketSurgeon, I don't have a mental condition, so there is nothing to attack. At least I had the decency to attack the vile, backwards, Neanderthal piece of shit that he *actually* is. And will continue to do so as long as he insists not leaving his shit in this place.

Well then he's a liar as well as a jerk, since it strongly appears from his comments that he is claiming to be aware of some admission on your part to such a condition. Either way, it's gaslighting, and a total dick move.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
10-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Have you read the rest of his stuff? It's a heap of barely coherent gibberish. Of course there's been no "admission" on my part about a debilitating mental condition (or possibly rabies). His first attempt at being snarky was to call me an adolescent, obsessed with taking selfies, of all things (like I've mentioned in another thread, I've never taken a selfie in my life). Then, apparently, because I find his vile "contribution" to the forum objectionable (if being a stain on it can be called a contribution), I'm in the grip of a freak storm (whatever the hell that means, I don't speak senile conservative-ese)

And no, if you knowingly use a derogatory word to describe someone you DO think of them as inferior. Would you call a black person a monkey? Would you say that someone calling them monkeys is really not racist, just a jerk? Unless, of course, you're barely literate which, granted, is also a possibility in this case.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user