First Trans Deacon Appointed in Methodist Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: First Trans Deacon Appointed in Methodist Church
(10-06-2017 06:17 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:05 PM)AB517 Wrote:  that really sums it up. we can't it but we can watch it. Like all activist with 'holy cause" we need to watch that their literal thinking doesn't hurt people.bb

You know you could argue your point without insults.

what insult? maybe grammar issues, but I didn't insult anybody. I was agreeing with him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 06:33 PM
(10-06-2017 06:29 PM)AB517 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:17 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  You know you could argue your point without insults.

what insult? maybe grammar issues, but I didn't insult anybody. I was agreeing with him.

wrong thread.
10-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Trans people should be encouraged to take positions of authority, granted they are qualified. In all honesty, qualifications being equal, I'd rather have a trans person in charge than a non-trans person.
10-06-2017, 07:35 PM
(10-06-2017 07:12 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Trans people should be encouraged to take positions of authority, granted they are qualified. In all honesty, qualifications being equal, I'd rather have a trans person in charge than a non-trans person.

hmm, let's take this to a logical conclusion. I guess we would need quotas to meet non trans equality in your world.
10-06-2017, 07:39 PM
(10-06-2017 06:17 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:05 PM)AB517 Wrote:  that really sums it up. we can't it but we can watch it. Like all activist with 'holy cause" we need to watch that their literal thinking doesn't hurt people.bb

You know you could argue your point without insults.

I see nothing in my post that should be considered an insult nor the response.

Humans LITERALLY get sold the beliefs of their parents. Humans LITERALLY act on what they get sold from birth. Friend and foe alike do that. Our species is inherently tribal and we have a tendency to protect that which is local and what we are familiar with. There is no polite way to put that.

All the world's major religions WORLDWIDE, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikh along with Islam and Christianity and Hebrew/Jewish, all started in an age of kingships/tribalism and most importantly SCIENTIFIC IGNORANCE....

Western modern liberal concepts of pluralism were not derived from antiquity, even when people talk about modern "democracy" stemming from ancient Rome and Greece, even back then those countries were ruled by RULING FAMILIES.

So I am not sure from your post who was insulted? Cognitive dissonance isn't insult merely because it challenges social norms.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2017, 01:49 AM
(10-06-2017 04:43 PM)AB517 Wrote:  the problem is that I didn't say anything but gays get the same rights as everybody else. and she freaked stormed on a word (fags) and you think that freaking out to the point of being irrational is ok.

But you guys don't care. because its about group think and getting whats right for a person's group. like I claimed to be the case. Yes

and you called me out for "arrogance" when calling conservative liberal thinking a bunch of child like wishful thinking. It remains true. no matter how many children cry that its ok to eat candy all day long, its still not a good idea..

its funny, none of you addressed that she cherry picked part of a line and not the whole line. it didn't matter to any of you that what I said is reasonable, minus one funny word like fagot.

just remember, you guys are attacking me because I said gays get the same rights as everybody else.

and she never addressed, nor did anybody else, that facts of what I said. She uses foul mouth langue and personal attacks and never once addressed what was said with a counter claim.

and you all are on the crazy train. the thinking atheist alright. as long as we think like you we are cool, if not, the facts don't matter.

Are you dense? I defended you and your statement, including the use of a word that is considered hurtful because of its history of indicating that Christians used to burn gay people alive. (They burned atheists, too, of course... I guess we're all faggots, in that sense.) I only said that it makes you insensitive to this hurtful element of the word, but posted the Patton Oswalt video that says a person using hurtful words but actually talking about equality is a good guy, while someone using the "right terminology" but saying hurtful things with those right terms is the bad guy.

Your willingness to use that word, in any context, still indicates that you're a dick. I just don't think you're a bigot because of it, and I said so.

So before you go talking about "facts", let's get that little detail right, shall we?

Asshole.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-06-2017, 05:40 AM
(11-06-2017 01:49 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 04:43 PM)AB517 Wrote:  the problem is that I didn't say anything but gays get the same rights as everybody else. and she freaked stormed on a word (fags) and you think that freaking out to the point of being irrational is ok.

But you guys don't care. because its about group think and getting whats right for a person's group. like I claimed to be the case. Yes

and you called me out for "arrogance" when calling conservative liberal thinking a bunch of child like wishful thinking. It remains true. no matter how many children cry that its ok to eat candy all day long, its still not a good idea..

its funny, none of you addressed that she cherry picked part of a line and not the whole line. it didn't matter to any of you that what I said is reasonable, minus one funny word like fagot.

just remember, you guys are attacking me because I said gays get the same rights as everybody else.

and she never addressed, nor did anybody else, that facts of what I said. She uses foul mouth langue and personal attacks and never once addressed what was said with a counter claim.

and you all are on the crazy train. the thinking atheist alright. as long as we think like you we are cool, if not, the facts don't matter.

Are you dense? I defended you and your statement, including the use of a word that is considered hurtful because of its history of indicating that Christians used to burn gay people alive. (They burned atheists, too, of course... I guess we're all faggots, in that sense.) I only said that it makes you insensitive to this hurtful element of the word, but posted the Patton Oswalt video that says a person using hurtful words but actually talking about equality is a good guy, while someone using the "right terminology" but saying hurtful things with those right terms is the bad guy.

Your willingness to use that word, in any context, still indicates that you're a dick. I just don't think you're a bigot because of it, and I said so.

So before you go talking about "facts", let's get that little detail right, shall we?

Asshole.

so the bottom line is that I am correct. your groupthink is more important that the facts. again, You calling me asshole doesn't change the fact.

You guys have an emotional stake for a personal solution and are more interested in the group think then this decan going to scam people. I say, this decan fagot will rip people off. I am not worried about political correctness when describing this guy's, or whatever it is, behavior.

the names she calls me is far more offensive than my use of the word fag. She plucked one word and absolutely lost it and never addressed the real issue. you and others never addressed her at all. But you do not care because of groupthink, team colors, and head nodding self justification.

yup, Just like I said. Drinking Beverage

yeah, I am an asshole. BFD, at least i won't support a decan ripping people off. i won't side with a mental just because we share the same belief. And yes, I should choose better wording.
11-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Yes, the "names" I call you, you pathetic, whiny piece of crap, are aimed specifically at YOU and your vile, knuckle-dragging self. Based on the utter shit you keep inflicting on this place. Is it abuse? Absolutely and on purpose. Directed at you and no one else and based entirely on the shitty little coward you are. Not a derogatory term, aimed at a marginalised, persecuted and victimised minority that even my grandfather would actually know is offensive. So no, Rocket, I don't think he does it because he's unaware. He continues to do it repeatedly.

Ergo - he is a pathetic piece of human excrescence.

Luckily, his time and that of his Neanderthal ilk is coming to an end and they are already a joke among the people who will replace them. And not a moment too soon.

I may come back after I've had my morning coffee, if I decide this was too mild, considering what you deserve. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Russians way ahead of us on this. They've had an entire trans orchestra for years.
11-06-2017, 07:38 AM
(11-06-2017 05:40 AM)AB517 Wrote:  so the bottom line is that I am correct. your groupthink is more important that the facts. again, You calling me asshole doesn't change the fact.

The only part you've gotten right so far is that the use of an impolite/hurtful word does not automatically mean you are prejudiced against the group described by that word. Me calling you an asshole has bearing on one fact: you're an asshole.

(11-06-2017 05:40 AM)AB517 Wrote:  You guys have an emotional stake for a personal solution and are more interested in the group think then this decan going to scam people. I say, this decan fagot will rip people off. I am not worried about political correctness when describing this guy's, or whatever it is, behavior.

You are out of your dogdamned mind. You seriously think we would excuse the unethical behavior of someone, or agree with someone, simply because they belong to the same group as us?

That's not only wrong, it's ignoring the fact that you're an atheist just like us. Think about that one, and compare it to your statement above. Take all the time you need.

(11-06-2017 05:40 AM)AB517 Wrote:  the names she calls me is far more offensive than my use of the word fag. She plucked one word and absolutely lost it and never addressed the real issue. you and others never addressed her at all. But you do not care because of groupthink, team colors, and head nodding self justification.

She reacted to the word because she took it to mean you were a bigot, and she has a strong sense of empathy for people belonging to the group you were apparently being bigoted toward. I don't see why you think a personal insults barrage in retaliation for an action she found personally distasteful--to put it mildly--equates in your mind to a person who is willing to slur entire groups of people, especially groups that are often under attack by such hateful rhetoric that it causes them to have depression and suicide rates that are in direct proportion to the amount of hatred slung at them in their locale.

In other words, you have no identity that requires an "It will get better!" campaign to offer hope and thus try to keep you from killing yourself, due to the way you are treated by society around you. Any attacks on you are due to your specific behavior, as what you witnessed with Vera.

So your statement that her reaction to your action is a part of "group think", especially when you make that statement to a person who belongs more to Vera's camp than yours and yet who was willing to say "Vera you're wrong about him" and speak in your defense, is simply asinine. That's why I asked if you were dense.

(11-06-2017 05:40 AM)AB517 Wrote:  yup, Just like I said. Drinking Beverage

yeah, I am an asshole. BFD, at least i won't support a decan ripping people off. i won't side with a mental just because we share the same belief. And yes, I should choose better wording.

The word is "deacon", just FYI.

I had ironically, just before engaging you, posted about how refreshing it is that we are so willing to call-out one another's posts/ideas when we think they are incorrect, as someone had just done for me, and joked that we should refer to that thread whenever someone accuses us of atheist group think. See the second to last post:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1197736

I still find it ironic that you don't get that you belong to our group, as an atheist, and that you were defended by a liberal speaking out against another liberal, so your accusation that we're only willing to defend our group is nonsensical.

Put that in the cup you're sipping, and drink it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post