First Trans Deacon Appointed in Methodist Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: First Trans Deacon Appointed in Methodist Church
well, I am finished with demonstrating how groupthink, personal needs, and self justification works. The reactions here support the hypothesis. I did it with one word. People that know science will appreciate the experiment.

Back to the initial topic,

I am glad to see that gltb are going to open their own churches. Its about time we leave the dark ages with what "gay" means. I I feel that all churches need to be watched. I hope that decan doesn't turn out to be just another asshole fag decan that rips people off, controls people by preying on their insecurities, takes advantage of people that really need help. I hope that shim isn't just like many other asshole, fag, deranged religious people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 06:28 PM by Cosmo.)
Edit: Never mind. I'm gonna stay bowed out. I think I need a break for a few days.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
11-06-2017, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 08:27 PM by Cosmo.)
Quote:well, I am finished with demonstrating how groupthink, personal needs, and self justification works. The reactions here support the hypothesis. I did it with one word. People that know science will appreciate the experiment.

Back to the initial topic,

I am glad to see that gltb are going to open their own churches. Its about time we leave the dark ages with what "gay" means. I I feel that all churches need to be watched. I hope that decan doesn't turn out to be just another asshole fag decan that rips people off, controls people by preying on their insecurities, takes advantage of people that really need help. I hope that shim isn't just like many other asshole, fag, deranged religious people.

I literally pushed log out with the intention of not being on here for a bit (still have that,) but it also makes it so that the posts of those I choose to ignore become visible.

And all I wanna say before I take a break here...

... Is you're whacked mate. Like I said back on Page 2, I'm not even sure you know what you're saying.

Regards to all.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
12-06-2017, 02:05 AM
(11-06-2017 08:13 AM)AB517 Wrote:  well, I am finished with demonstrating how groupthink, personal needs, and self justification works. The reactions here support the hypothesis. I did it with one word. People that know science will appreciate the experiment.

Oh, you mean a sample size of one?

Indeed, the height of scientific rigor old chap!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-06-2017, 08:36 AM
AB, would you please discontinue your use of homphobic and transphobic language in this thread? It's an open forum and you're free to use whatever language you want, but please refrain from deliberate vile hatefulness. I'd prefer not to have to see language like that (shim, girlman, fag, whatever else you might have said before I stopped reading your posts) when discussing trans issues. I can go anywhere else on the internet and be assaulted with that crap and if you'd be kind enough to not be just another jerk I have to deal with, I'd appreciate it and I'd be more willing to engage in discussion with you.

I know- I'm a special snowflake or whatever blah blah blah- but I'm asking kindly.
12-06-2017, 08:47 AM
(11-06-2017 08:13 AM)AB517 Wrote:  I am glad to see that gltb are going to open their own churches. Its about time we leave the dark ages with what "gay" means. I I feel that all churches need to be watched. I hope that decan doesn't turn out to be just another asshole fag decan that rips people off, controls people by preying on their insecurities, takes advantage of people that really need help. I hope that shim isn't just like many other asshole, fag, deranged religious people.

Not sure what you mean that LGBT people are going to open their own churches... we've existed forever, and many churches are welcoming to LGBT people. I go to a support group once a month that takes place in an LGBT-friendly church.

As far as the deacon goes, imo good for them for pursuing their dreams. But I think it's dumb that their dream involves a religion that hurts so many people. But maybe they can help their environment become less transphobic and less homophobic. That would be a positive side-effect at least.
12-06-2017, 09:02 AM
(10-06-2017 05:50 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 09:23 AM)Emma Wrote:  http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/08/uni...er-deacon/

Hey Emma, could you clarify a couple of things for me? The headline implies that Reverend Barclay is transgender. Later on, the article uses the phrase "non-binary", but then later says she's a lesbian.

I'm all for non-discriminatory inclusion of all/any genders/sexes in every facet of our society, but in this instance, I'm a little confused. I know that ultimately it's immaterial with regards to the thrust of the scenario as reported, but I'd be pleased if you could fill me in. Smile

I'd have a hard time explaining, so I'll try to link to a video where Riley J. Dennis tries to explain. She'll do better than I. I don't necessarily agree with everything she has to say in all her videos.

I will say that I have a hard time understanding non-binary because there are so many labels that people seem to use and it gets so... complicated. And that complexity unfortunately puts people off. But I do agree that gender expression can fall on a spectrum.

Anyway- I hope that helps maybe?

I am pretty binary, so I see myself as a woman.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
12-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Bloody hell, AB what are you on? And how can you not see the problem in what you're writing?

AB says "Gays should have their own church" - meaning, those who are homosexual/lesbian (I presume you include trans in there as well, but whatever) so they can be with each other/leave the straights alone?

What the people, themselves, want: To be included in the pre-existing group of followers, and just enjoy being part of the group. That means all people, no matter the race/sexuality/whatever. That includes us Straight white people, because it's not about being with people who are "the same" as you, it's about being with your community and enjoying each others company.

Ab, you are aware that at one point black people had to have their own churches in America? That's just as bad here as well. Segregation, in any format, is BAD.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post