First Veridican Church's First Video Ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: First Veridican Church's First Video Ever
(16-02-2013 05:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 03:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Quote:

You really have a jealousy issue don't you? My existence makes you feel inferior doesn't it? Is it because I've got the gonads to actually just do something without permission from anyone?

Quote:

This is sad, you have sooooo gone over the deep end....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-02-2013, 07:17 AM
(17-02-2013 01:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 03:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I do good things for others because it's the right thing to do. Out of kindness for people less fortunate.

Then you're not an atheist. Or if you claim to be, you're not making any sense, because your positions contradict one another. Which only means you're too batty to pay attention to.

Sorry, but that's the fact. Hobo

You clearly don't understand atheism or humanism. Or logic or reason.

Your insane hatred of what you think atheism is blinds you to any humanity. Get help.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
17-02-2013, 09:01 AM
[Image: demotivation.us_IF-I-WAS-A-BIRD-I-would-...012642.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-02-2013, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2013 02:11 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Oh Chas, you're just jealous that you didn't write the new religious self-help best seller, making it's rise up the NYTs best-seller list:

How to BE JEBUS, ("esse christius"), or,
How To Gain Converts One by One for the Lord, by Hurling Insults,
by the noted hurler, Chaplain Edward Gordon.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-02-2013, 10:40 AM
(15-02-2013 11:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I like the flow of this thread...
Reverend Ego® flapping his gums about his religion...his crap is labeled a virus (read: infection)....he may need money and/or followers.
Damn, it must really be a religion.
Not quite yet.

Its a cult when the guy at the top, who knows it's all a scam, is still alive.

It's not a true religion until the guy at the top, who knew it was a scam, is long dead... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-02-2013, 11:19 AM
(16-02-2013 03:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I do good things for others because it's the right thing to do. Out of kindness for people less fortunate.

Then you're not an atheist. Or if you claim to be, you're not making any sense, because your positions contradict one another. Which only means you're too batty to pay attention to.

Oh don't worry...I'm a staunch atheist who donates lots of time and energy to charity. Seriously, your quite warped if you believe atheists just because they don't share your beliefs are incapable of compassion.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-02-2013, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 11:53 AM by Logisch.)
Not sure why you guys are wasting your energy. It could be productively spent on anyone else. There's billions of people on this planet. Those who are determined to seed seething hatred and be a hateful person full of vile and spew who continue to be and do so when they've had attempts of compassion brought to them are poison. Regardless of who you are. Like a crazy naked dude on the sidewalk with a sign that says "JESUS RULES" pointing at you screaming, "YER GONNA BURN IN HELL!" most of us would ignore it. Yet this stuff has rampantly become 9, 10, 15, 20+ pages.... REGULARLY. It's like a crowd gathering around the guy bothering to take time out of their day to disagree with him as if somehow they're going to change the dude's mind.

Perhaps it's the "I'm tired of this bullshit" person in me, but it has become very old, very fast. There was a time when these threads were entertaining, and perhaps a glimmer of hope that it was purely for the sake of being controversial. But the rest of me now thinks there's just something sick, or perhaps he doesn't know himself what he wants and wants to bring the rest down with him. Perhaps he just wants to watch the world burn.

I however, do not. Seriously, ignore it, let the vile talk to themselves and they'll end up talking to themselves alone, by themselves and the rest of us will continue with our lives. I pretty much don't bother responding to these anymore except to tell people, "Seriously, just ignore this shit." yet even the most ridiculous posts, the most obvious trolling attempts end up with 20+ pages. What difference does it make? Compare the same bs in this thread with the same bs in another thread of say someone who came in here on day 1 spouting off the same crap and most of the time it's met with simplicity of only a handful of responses. Imagine if not a single person responded, how insignificant it would be, how little it would matter. Yet everyone is so eager to disagree, to justify themselves, only to bring enough attention that it actually "becomes" something.

Not attempting to be cynical here, just realistic: What's the point? Who cares?
[+] 8 users Like Logisch's post
17-02-2013, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 11:47 PM by Cardinal Smurf.)
First Veridican Church's First Video Ever
Sorry I'm joining this one late. I have some sticking points.

* you mentioned numerous examples of people who started a religion who were not mentally ill. L. Ron Hubbard was conspicuously absent from the list. Late in his life he demonstrated behavior which would surely have been characterized as mental illness.

* I disagree that atheists or anyone practice "altruism for altruism's sake." There is a reward and it is called "community." Please don't undersell this.

* in witnessing Egor's vacillations something occurs to me. Does anyone else believe he is clinging to religion so strongly simply because he understands it? Perhaps because its structure makes more sense to him? His understanding of atheism seems shallow and without form at best. It's as though it makes no sense to him because it is missing something he is looking for. He still seems not to understand that atheism does not offer him a life path like, say, humanism might. He seems to be under the delusion that atheism is being offered up as an alternative to religion rather than simply a lack thereof. He seems not to know what to replace religion with.

But, of course, I don't know the kind reverend like you regulars do. Perhaps I'm way off the mark here? Just offering 2 centavos here.

Carry on.

EDIT: also, should Veridicanism take off, the discussions on these forums may prove useful. Does someone know how to ensure their preservation for the future? Think of how valuable a similar chronicle of the beginnings of Scientology would be today.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
19-02-2013, 10:15 PM

All religious principles are the work of pure imagination, in which experience and reason have no share. It is extremely difficult to combat them, because the imagination, once prepossessed by imaginary things, which astonish or disturb it, is incapable of reasoning. To combat religion and its phantoms with the arms of reason, is like using a sword to kill gnats; as soon as the blow is struck, the gnats and imaginary things come hovering round again, and resume in the mind the place, from which they were thought to have been for ever banished.

When we reject, as too weak, the proofs given of the existence of a God, they instantly oppose to the arguments, which destroy that existence, an inward sense, a deep persuasion, an invincible inclination, born in every man, which holds up to his mind, in spite of himself, the idea of an almighty being, whom he cannot entirely expel from his mind, and whom he is compelled to acknowledge, in spite of the strongest reasons that can be urged. But whoever will analyse this inward sense, upon which such stress is laid, will perceive, that it is only the effect of a rooted habit, which, shutting their eyes against the most demonstrative proofs, subjects the greater part of men, and often even the most enlightened, to the prejudices of childhood. What avails this inward sense, or this deep persuasion, against the evidence, which demonstrates, that whatever implies a contradiction cannot exist?

We are gravely assured, that the non-existence of God is not demonstrated. Yet, by all that men have hitherto said of him, nothing is better demonstrated, than that this God is an imaginary thing, whose existence is totally impossible; since nothing is more evident, than that a being cannot possess qualities so unlike, so contradictory, so irreconcilable, as those, which every religion upon earth attributes to the Divinity. Is not the theologian's God, as well as that of the deist, a cause incompatible with the effects attributed to it? Let them do what they will, it is necessary either to invent another God, or to grant, that he, who, for so many ages, has been held up to the terror of mortals, is at the same time very good and very bad, very powerful and very weak, unchangeable and fickle, perfectly intelligent and perfectly void of reason, of order and permitting disorder, very just and most unjust, very skilful and unskilful. In short, are we not forced to confess, that it is impossible to reconcile the discordant attributes, heaped upon a being, of whom we cannot speak without the most palpable contradictions? Let any one attribute a single quality to the Divinity, and it is universally contradicted by the effects, ascribed to this cause.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
19-02-2013, 10:44 PM
(17-02-2013 11:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-02-2013 01:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  Then you're not an atheist. Or if you claim to be, you're not making any sense, because your positions contradict one another. Which only means you're too batty to pay attention to.

Oh don't worry...I'm a staunch atheist who donates lots of time and energy to charity. Seriously, your quite warped if you believe atheists just because they don't share your beliefs are incapable of compassion.

We should give Ego® a group hug without smothering him to show him that atheists' can give him a big group hug while not accidentally or intentionally smothering him, can appreciate his search for his own metaphysics, and can ridicule him when he thinks his path should be my path. ... Oh wait, that's what we're already doing.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.