First Veridican Church's First Video Ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: First Veridican Church's First Video Ever
(15-02-2013 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So I have written to the nationally syndicated magazine, "Christianity Today", to report the *meteroric*, (*meteoric* I tell you) rise of one Rev.Gordon. In the space of less that one month, the gentleman went from having never attended seminary, to being ordained, and advanced to being an (albight self-appointed) senior, (senior I tell you), chaplain. Not only is it a record in all of American church history, but probably needs to be reported also to the Guinness Book of World Records.
I noticed his senior status too. Self-inflated ego much? Senior as opposed to who? Or does senior just mean that he is old in this case? Or did he misspell senile?

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I clicked the dislike button even before the video begun Cool

Whatever it is your seeking Egor I hope you find it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-02-2013, 11:22 AM
(15-02-2013 08:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And why is he posting this here? Why do we care?
It would seem far more appropriate on his own website. I kinda tend to think he wants us to critique it and help him make it better or something...I dunno...Or it's about money or hits or whatever....

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-02-2013, 11:43 AM

(15-02-2013 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or it's about money or hits or whatever....

Yes
[+] 3 users Like CateBee's post
15-02-2013, 11:50 AM
I like the flow of this thread...
Reverend Ego® flapping his gums about his religion...his crap is labeled a virus (read: infection)....he may need money and/or followers.
Damn, it must really be a religion.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-02-2013, 11:54 AM
(15-02-2013 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So I have written to the nationally syndicated magazine, "Christianity Today", to report the *meteroric*, (*meteoric* I tell you) rise of one Rev.Gordon. In the space of less that one month, the gentleman went from having never attended seminary, to being ordained, and advanced to being an (albight self-appointed) senior, (senior I tell you), chaplain. Not only is it a record in all of American church history, but probably needs to be reported also to the Guinness Book of World Records.
I noticed his senior status too. Self-inflated ego much? Senior as opposed to who? Or does senior just mean that he is old in this case? Or did he misspell senile?

No doubt there are vast, (vast I tell you, vast), hoards of junior "chaplains" writing in, and applying as we speak.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

15-02-2013, 11:55 AM
(15-02-2013 09:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 09:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thimerisol was removed a LONG time ago, from shots.
Thimerisol and mercury were never linked to autism anyways. Especially since autism is a genetic disorder.

Gotta slightly correct both of you here as someone with first-hand experience. And not just on the spelling.

Thimerosal was there when my kids were vaccinated.

The symptoms of heavy metal poisoning are very similar to some forms of autism. A link was made, investigated and refuted.

Autism's root cause is still unknown. Stating that it is a genetic disorder (which I happen to agree with, in part) is a premature assertion.

[/whinge]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
15-02-2013, 12:04 PM
(15-02-2013 11:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 09:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Thimerisol and mercury were never linked to autism anyways. Especially since autism is a genetic disorder.

Gotta slightly correct both of you here as someone with first-hand experience. And not just on the spelling.

The symptoms of heavy metal poisoning are very similar to some forms of autism. A link was made, investigated and refuted.

Autism's root cause is still unknown. Stating that it is a genetic disorder (which I happen to agree with, in part) is a premature assertion.

[/whinge]
Mercury most definitely has neurological implications, but while people asserted that mercury was a cause for autism via vaccines, they completely ignored the fact that mercury is a neurotoxin in the form of methyl mercury only. Not as an element in the molecular structure of the compound Thimerosal. It was removed just to avoid any conflicts with people being unable to understand that since mercury is a buzz word for bad. And if you took all of the vaccines and boosters taken over the lifetime of an individual while Thimerosal was in them, you would not even have as much as the average fish meal today. It was all just an anti-vaccine crowd agenda of bullshit intended to scare people.

And Autism itself is now a spectrum disorder, so while we agree that genetics play a major role, there may indeed be other influences. As it seems to affect some families more and the risk factor increases with the age of the mother at conception, these all point towards genetics being the biggest factor though.

Evolve
15-02-2013, 12:17 PM
(15-02-2013 12:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 11:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Gotta slightly correct both of you here as someone with first-hand experience. And not just on the spelling.

[/whinge]
Mercury most definitely has neurological implications, but while people asserted that mercury was a cause for autism via vaccines, they completely ignored the fact that mercury is a neurotoxin in the form of methyl mercury only. Not as an element in the molecular structure of the compound Thimerosal. It was removed just to avoid any conflicts with people being unable to understand that since mercury is a buzz word for bad. And if you took all of the vaccines and boosters taken over the lifetime of an individual while Thimerosal was in them, you would not even have as much as the average fish meal today. It was all just an anti-vaccine crowd agenda of bullshit intended to scare people.

And Autism itself is now a spectrum disorder, so while we agree that genetics play a major role, there may indeed be other influences. As it seems to affect some families more and the risk factor increases with the age of the mother at conception, these all point towards genetics being the biggest factor though.

I'm not arguing with any of that. I was just clarifying for the neutral observer. I agree with your last post.

Almost.

The anti-vaccine crowd took it and ran with it and are scaring people now. Back then, the parental fear was more to do with memories of e.g thalidomide.

15-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Mmmhhh I have nothing to say but I want to say that I have nothing to say.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like KVron's post