First Veridican Church's First Video Ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 12:51 PM

RE: First Veridican Church's First Video Ever
(15-02-2013 03:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ordained a bishop, (well, bought a bishopric), now "styling" as a chaplain. Hmm, most (actually ALL) real chaplains I know, have completed a real training program, and a real residency, including ALL the chaplains in YOUR medical center. YOU could not get hired as a chaplain in YOUR own center.

What makes you think I'm a bishop? I'm ordained by the American Fellowship Church so that I can marry and bury in the county where I live in Louisiana. I call myself a chaplain because that's the title we've decided on for ministers in the First Veridican Church. Eventually, we'll have a seminary, and I will ordain others as Veridican chaplains. But...ahem...I really shouldn't have to tell you this: The founder of a particular sect doesn't get "ordained" the way the rest of the clergy of that sect will. And since I am not an Ancient Christian, there really isn't a Christian denomination out there I want to ordain me. The American Fellowship Church is perfect for it. It basically states that you should go out and do whatever you feel God is calling you to do.

And my facility doesn't hire chaplains.

Quote:a. Were you demoted from the episcopal status ? Bishops have dioceses. What is yours ?

What?

Quote:b. Aren't you fraudulently pretending to hold/function in a position for which you have no actual training ?

The American Fellowship Church requires no formal training for ordination. In the parish where I live that ordination is all I need to perform marriages. I am the leading expert on the Veridican form of Christianity, and I have been for 20 years, so that qualifies me to be a chaplain in the First Veridican Church. So, answer to your question: no, I'm not pretending to be anything.

Quote:c.1. Why are you SO obsessed with religion, and controlling other people's beliefs ?

Because I want other people to enter paradise like I will.

Quote:c.2. You are incompetent, and have no training in the field in which you seem to NEED to pretend you are qualified, yet so clearly are not. Your constant non-empathetic, insulting behavior, not only disqualifys you, but clearly shows you have no aptitude for the ministry.

So says a horrifyingly abusive atheist.

Quote:c.3. If you had a patient that exhibited these symptoms in your job, wouldn't you at least consider them as needing help, or bring them up for discussion in the Care Conference ?

Good question. And this is a fact I most assuredly am qualified to answer. Given the video that you saw. If I had a patient who was religious and could present their case in that way, then that would not be a sign of mental illness. In fact, that's how you separate hyper-religious from real religious. hyper-religious is a sign of mental illness, real-religious is a sign of mental health. Atheism, in my opinion smacks of mental illness. But I've watched speeches by the late Christopher Hitchens, and based on those videos, I see no signs of mental illness with him, other than what was his addiction to alcohol.

Joseph Smith started a religion--he wasn't mentally ill.

The Quakers started a religion--they were not mentally ill.

Joseph Rutherford started a new religion, but he was not mentally ill.

King Henry the VIII started a new religion, but he was not mentally ill.

It is not mentally ill to start a religion. In fact, one might call it being a good American.

Quote:If I were you, I'd worry about my RN license. How is this any different than you telling people you are an MD ?

Have a nice day.

If I have to choose between being a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ or being an RN, I'll be a minister of the Gospel. God called me to be an RN; God will take me from that profession when He sees fit.

I am qualified to be a minister of the Gospel. You do not understand what the qualifications are to be a minister of the Gospel in the United States of America with the guarantees afforded by the First Amendment of our constitution, which I proudly served 16 years in the military to defend, and which my wife (also a Veridican) served 20 years in the military to defend.

So, BB. You don't have to like it. You just have to stand back and watch, because God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the laws of the United States of America are on my side.

As for being an MD. I am not an MD., so why would I call myself that?

Thanks for asking the tough questions. I won't entertain them again. Once is enough.

Sincerely

Rev. Edward J. Gordon
Senior Chaplain
First Veridican Church

Smile
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 01:07 PM

(15-02-2013 07:53 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Egor is clearly just trying to get tax exempt status... good on ya. Wink

Oh, btw, the video was pretty hilarious.

Nope. I thought about going that route, but it became clear that wasn't the right avenue. I realized why some churches never bother with it in the first place. There are too many restrictions: For instance a church bookstore is not exempt, a tax-exempt church can't back a political candidate, the non-profit organization can't be ended but must be sold to another non-profit. Most of the sleezy crap that goes on in religion goes on under the cloak of non-profit status. So, why even bother with it? A c-corp is a much more honest and transparent business structure.

And look at it just in this post: you automatically assumed I was trying to maneuver financially through a non-profit status, and I'm able to shut that down right on the spot--we are not non-profit.

What we do promise is that if you ever examine our financial records, you will find all the expenses to be ordinary and necessary for the mission we seek to accomplish. And like I told BB, you don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.
15-02-2013, 01:09 PM

(15-02-2013 08:18 AM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  Work on those public speaking skills, brah.

Yes. I hate to say it, but I do need to work on those. That's why we are re-joining Toastmasters and I'm doing a ten-part introductory series on Veridicanism which is major boring, but can just sit there in the Library if anyone wants to view it. Mostly, it gives me practice for later sermons.

Thanks for the critique. Thumbsup
15-02-2013, 01:10 PM
[Image: Jesus-face-church.jpg]

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post
15-02-2013, 01:14 PM

(15-02-2013 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So I have written to the nationally syndicated magazine, "Christianity Today", to report the *meteroric*, (*meteoric* I tell you) rise of one Rev. Gordon.

Interestingly, a metor did hit the earth on the very day I posted that video for the public to see. It actually caused damage--which is exceedingly rare. A Russian Cleric said he felt it was a sign from God. I think he's right. Wink
15-02-2013, 01:16 PM
(15-02-2013 09:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 09:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Bah. That only causes Autism. Drinking Beverage

Thimerisol was removed a LONG time ago, from shots. They do NOT cause Autism. The actual danger to other kids, and themselves from NOT getting innoculated FAR outweighs any possible adverse side affect. I suspect you were kidding, but in case someone read that who doesn't know. There have actually been outbreaks of Polio in localities where parents have been SO stupid as to not innoculate their kids. It's completely stupid.
[Image: 27245256.jpg] Was kidding, yes. Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
15-02-2013, 01:16 PM
[Image: fWl9nHJ.jpg?1]

Maybe it was a sign you are full of shit? Why always assume that the things you see as "signs" are things in your favor? People never see "signs" and go "Holy Shit! Maybe I am so fucking wrong that my god just fucking killed a bunch of people to show me how fucking wrong I am."

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-02-2013, 01:18 PM

(15-02-2013 11:43 AM)CateBee Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or it's about money or hits or whatever....

Yes

Do you really think I think I'm going to get donations from atheists? Although, I have actually, but that's nothing I ever expected. Nope. I posted it here, because this is the only forum other than my own that I am active in, and I wanted it to be public and to get the very critiques I got. Critiques from a crowd full of haters is much more valuable than a crowd full of friends.
15-02-2013, 01:19 PM
(15-02-2013 01:14 PM)Egor Wrote:  Interestingly, a metor did hit the earth on the very day I posted that video for the public to see. It actually caused damage--which is exceedingly rare. A Russian Cleric said he felt it was a sign from God. I think he's right. Wink

Yes. He's right indeed.
The Saint Malachy Prophecy is being fulfilled (Prophetia Sancte Malachiae Archiepiscopi, de Summis Pontificibus). Lecture_preist

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
15-02-2013, 01:34 PM
(15-02-2013 01:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 11:43 AM)CateBee Wrote:  Yes

Do you really think I think I'm going to get donations from atheists? Although, I have actually, but that's nothing I ever expected. Nope. I posted it here, because this is the only forum other than my own that I am active in, and I wanted it to be public and to get the very critiques I got. Critiques from a crowd full of haters is much more valuable than a crowd full of friends.

No, I think you expect advice from atheists and money from "flock" you hope to one day gain. I don't believe anyone has ever formed a "religion" without demanding its followers pay for it. You're venturing on the business of selling salvation -- just like any other. You have things about religion you must disagree with and hope others will follow your version of salvation.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user