First dates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2017, 03:59 PM
First dates
I'm just watching a tv programme called first dates.

It's reminded me of my first date and what a disaster it was Big Grin
I was really young (around 14 or 15) she was the same age but a lot more mature than me, it soon became apparent that she didn't like me and I could tell she wanted the date to end, I remember cracking a few jokes and she didn't laugh once, anyhow we were only out for about an hour, and we never met up again.

Does anyone else remember their first date? Where did you go, what did you do, did you get on well, or was it crap like mine? Smile

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
18-09-2017, 04:21 PM
RE: First dates
My first date was with a boy on the football team who was older than me (I was a freshman and he was a senior) and he drove, which just about sent my mother over the edge Wink Tongue My mom was/is a tad on the conservative side and thought senior football team guy plus car meant sex Rolleyes Anyway, I went out with him anyway and we did a double date thing and watched a movie and then hung out at my friend's house. And no crazy sex shenanigans either Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
18-09-2017, 04:27 PM
I was in ninth grade, and took Claudia G. to see Barbra Streisand in On A Clear Day You Can See Forever at the Crump Theater. The date went well enough, but I didn't take Claudia out again since we didn't click. I took Jane B. out to a school dance later the same year, and felt much more comfortable. But then my family moved from Indiana to Ohio and I had to find new people to bother.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
18-09-2017, 04:29 PM
[Image: rcKF9ex.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
18-09-2017, 04:42 PM
(18-09-2017 04:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  And no crazy sex shenanigans either Wink

That was the second date.

My first date was when I was 20. We met in her dorm room and watched Varsity Blues. I married her three years later.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
18-09-2017, 05:22 PM
I'm still waiting to be asked.

Sadcryface

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
18-09-2017, 06:10 PM
My first date, 13 years old, mom drove Wendy and I to the theater, and picked us up. We were "going steady" for about a month and would do little hanging-out things like that sometimes, but I lived far out in the country and she lived in town. Plus I was totally at a loss with what to do with one of these strange "girl" things.

So she gave me the boot and that was that.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-09-2017, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2017 11:16 AM by Clockwork.)
I don't remember my first date. However, one first date was with a girl I knew for quite a while. It was still warm and she arrived in a skirt and leggings. I thought, well, she wants to be pretty. After the date (that's a funny story) she and I were sitting and talking. She admitted she had worn leggings under her skirt because she had forgotten to shave her legs.

Friends were torn on if that was amusing or weird to admit.

Edited because, goddamn, autocorrect, why change words to words that don't exist?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
19-09-2017, 12:15 AM
(18-09-2017 05:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm still waiting to be asked.

Sadcryface

7.30 Friday? Tongue

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
19-09-2017, 12:54 AM
First date, first question, Her: "What do you think of marriage?" Me: "I think it's an outmoded institution" (I was in my earnest young man phase)... Yeah, that didn't go over very well Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post