'First of our kind' found in Morocco

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 01:30 PM
'First of our kind' found in Morocco
From the BBC: 'First of our kind' found in Morocco

The origins of humanity just get more wonderfully interesting all the time.

From the article:
Quote:The idea that modern people evolved in a single "cradle of humanity" in East Africa some 200,000 years ago is no longer tenable, new research suggests.

Fossils of five early humans have been found in North Africa that show Homo sapiens emerged at least 100,000 years earlier than previously recognised... The latest material has been dated by hi-tech methods to be between 300,000 and 350,000 years old. And the skull form is almost identical to modern humans.

... "I was saying 20 years ago that the only thing we should be calling Homo sapiens are humans that look like us. This was a view that Homo sapiens suddenly appeared in Africa at some point in time and that was the beginning of our species. But it now looks like I was wrong," Prof Stringer told BBC News.
This is what makes science so strong: the good Professor had his hypothesis disproven, and has gone on to support the science that disproved it.

Try that with a creatard

The original research paper is in this month's Nature (June 2017). The abstract, illustrations and references are here. Sadly, you'll need to either buy a paper copy or pay a fee to see the whole article.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
07-06-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: 'First of our kind' found in Morocco
Wow, we definitely have more frontal lobe going on with the modern skull but the similarities are so telling.

I always had the impression that Homo sapiens were all over the place but they just hadn't found the bones yet. But these guys are even older than previously found.
Consider
Maybe they also moved around a lot... they could have been everywhere! I don't see that as far fetched. We were just like the rest of the animals, weren't we? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-06-2017, 03:38 PM
I should *stop* reading comments on facebook. The amount of "homo" jokes is un-fucking-believable. Esp. for science pages... even if on fakebook Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
07-06-2017, 04:38 PM
300,000 years? Way out or the running for "first".
07-06-2017, 05:08 PM
This is exactly the type of real science that someone like that idiot Ken Ham or some other creationist will misconstrue and try to twist to fit their "evolution is wrong" theories.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
07-06-2017, 07:20 PM
(07-06-2017 05:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  This is exactly the type of real science that someone like that idiot Ken Ham or some other creationist will misconstrue and try to twist to fit their "evolution is wrong" theories.

Give him a day or two to find out about it so he can tweet, "Evolutionists are revising their fake theories again. Only God's Word is unchanging Truth."

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-06-2017, 07:28 PM
(07-06-2017 07:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 05:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  This is exactly the type of real science that someone like that idiot Ken Ham or some other creationist will misconstrue and try to twist to fit their "evolution is wrong" theories.

Give him a day or two to find out about it so he can tweet, "Evolutionists are revising their fake theories again. Only God's Word is unchanging Truth."

Doesn't matter, he'll end up embarrassing himself whatever we say. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
07-06-2017, 07:39 PM
(07-06-2017 07:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

"Evolutionists are revising their fake theories again. Only God's Word is unchanging Truth."

I would immediately tell them about the errors in translations and revisions, Like every Christians favorite part, resurrection of Jesus
Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes OmniConsUme's post
08-06-2017, 07:03 AM
Nothing yet from him, but he is calling Al Gore a "false prophet". "To read true prophecies, & hear true prophets, go to God's Word!" Also someone on my feed basically did post what I said Ken would.

(07-06-2017 07:28 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 07:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Give him a day or two to find out about it so he can tweet, "Evolutionists are revising their fake theories again. Only God's Word is unchanging Truth."

Doesn't matter, he'll end up embarrassing himself whatever we say. Drinking Beverage

That's probably true...

(07-06-2017 07:39 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 07:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Evolutionists are revising their fake theories again. Only God's Word is unchanging Truth."

I would immediately tell them about the errors in translations and revisions, Like every Christians favorite part, resurrection of Jesus
Laugh out load

Ken is immune to facts. Scripture is inerrant. It can't contain errors, even if he can see them. His eyes must be lying. Wink

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
08-06-2017, 07:20 AM
(08-06-2017 07:03 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  His eyes must be lying.

Yeah, but wasn't the human eye proof of god, irredeemable stupidity irreducible complexity and all that rheum?

Also, he might not have said anything yet, but some of the comments on the internet... why even *follow* a science page if you have your bib(le) to happily and ignorantly drool all over? Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post