First recorded human voice in 1860

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 11:01 PM
First recorded human voice in 1860
This is so amazing.

The sound comes in towards the last 10 seconds of the video.

It is felt that this recording is being played too fast. Some think it should be played at a slower speed and is probably the voice of Edouard Leon Scott himself, not that of a woman or child.

For those who don't know the tune of Au clair de la lune, this is what it sounds like. It kinda helps when you know what you're supposed to be hearing.

Wikipedia also has three recordings of it in a side box. I'm guessing it was recorded three different times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89doua...artinville

Think of it, Abraham Lincoln was president when this was recorded.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-07-2015, 11:54 PM
RE: First recorded human voice in 1860
(20-07-2015 11:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is so amazing.

It is felt that this recording is being played too fast. Some think it should be played at a slower speed and is probably the voice of Edouard Leon Scott himself, not that of a woman or child.

For those who don't know the tune of Au clair de la lune, this is what it sounds like. It kinda helps when you know what you're supposed to be hearing.

Wikipedia also has three recordings of it in a side box. I'm guessing it was recorded three different times.

Crazy and historic, though idk why a 1 minuet video is needed for a 10 second audio clip.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-07-2015, 11:59 PM
(20-07-2015 11:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is so amazing.

100% cool, 150% terrifying. 2/10 would not recommend listening to while laying in dark bedroom alone.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
21-07-2015, 12:00 AM
You can listen to fixed more manly versions here

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Heh, you know, I'd never heard the words before... but I had to stop listening when I got to the lyrics

"Open the door, for the love of God!"

(ouvre-moi la porte, pour l'amour de Dieu)

I can't go on... Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson