First step on Mars.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: First step on Mars.
"Stepping outside the capsu... AHHHGGGGHHHH!! EEEEEGGGGG!! HELP ME, GOD! NOOOOOOI!!!!"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
23-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Oh man. There are some really great ones here. Laugh out load

☆☆☆
23-06-2016, 09:03 PM
How about breaking into song.... "to dream the impossible dreeeeeeeeaaammmmmmm.........."

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
23-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Whatever Martian customs asks me, my Only response will be "Two weeks."

CricketsCricketsCrickets

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-06-2016, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2016 10:09 PM by Shadow Fox.)
If I wanted to make money, I would say

I claim this planet in the name of Coke Cola, Games Workshop, Wizards of the Coast, Blizzard entertainment, Hasbro, Hanna Barbera, Microsoft, Sony, Apple,Disney, Studio Ghibli, and Nintendo!

If I wanted to be more poetic and real, I would say

As we venture furtherinto the cosmos, let this day live on forever as an inspiration to the future generations that will succeed us in the ever expanding circle of life. We take our first step on a new world, breaking free of the chains that once bound us to the earth so that we may reach our grasp to the heavens to one day break free of those celestial chains as well.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
23-06-2016, 09:47 PM
You'll want the Green Martians, not the White. (Nerds will know what I am referencing.)

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-06-2016, 09:52 PM
(23-06-2016 09:38 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. ~ Neil Armstrong

This famous quote is know by just about everyone. I poetic and powerful. By this simple little action he had done something that has never done before, but not claiming it on himself but all of humanity. Short and sweet.

So in this senario you are the first person to step on mars. What would you say? What would think should be said?

I think I would say

Today is the furthest mankind has ever ventured. Tomorrow I may say the same.

The moon landing was really an accomplishment of mankind. Neil, I love you but you were incidental. The quote nails that point. The situation will be the same when one of us sets foots on mars. The words uttered in that moment will not be anymore poetic or powerful than when we stepped foot on the moon.

When a human shakes the appendage of an extraterrestrial is when something more poetic or powerful will be spoken.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
24-06-2016, 02:37 AM
(23-06-2016 09:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The moon landing was really an accomplishment of mankind. Neil, I love you but you were incidental. The quote nails that point. The situation will be the same when one of us sets foots on mars. The words uttered in that moment will not be anymore poetic or powerful than when we stepped foot on the moon.

When a human shakes the appendage of an extraterrestrial is when something more poetic or powerful will be spoken.

Armstrong got the quote wrong. It should have been "One small step for a man....."

The honour should have gone to Chuck Yeager IMO.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-06-2016, 02:42 AM
(24-06-2016 02:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The moon landing was really an accomplishment of mankind. Neil, I love you but you were incidental. The quote nails that point. The situation will be the same when one of us sets foots on mars. The words uttered in that moment will not be anymore poetic or powerful than when we stepped foot on the moon.

Armstrong got the quote wrong. It should have been "One small step for a man....."

They didn't have the internet full of grammar Nazis to correct them so.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-06-2016, 03:03 AM
(24-06-2016 02:42 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 02:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Armstrong got the quote wrong. It should have been "One small step for a man....."

They didn't have the internet full of grammar Nazis to correct them so.

This was known before the net. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.