First step on Mars.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 03:22 AM
RE: First step on Mars.
(24-06-2016 03:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 02:42 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  They didn't have the internet full of grammar Nazis to correct them so.

This was known before the net. Big Grin

He did say "a man", but NASA cleaned up the transmission and lost that word.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
24-06-2016, 04:26 AM
(24-06-2016 03:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 03:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  This was known before the net. Big Grin

He did say "a man", but NASA cleaned up the transmission and lost that word.

Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 05:01 AM
I've always said I would say something totally unfit for broadcast.

Maybe "shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits."

It would have to go down in the history books, and every child around the world would have to learn those words. This would amuse me somewhat.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
24-06-2016, 05:04 AM
(23-06-2016 01:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 01:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  Depend on who the highest corporate bidder was. If shout out the product name of whomever offered the most coin.

This is one small step for man...

But one I couldn't have made without Nike. (Zoom in on Nike space boots). Nike, just do it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-06-2016, 09:56 AM
(23-06-2016 09:38 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. ~ Neil Armstrong

This famous quote is know by just about everyone. I poetic and powerful. By this simple little action he had done something that has never done before, but not claiming it on himself but all of humanity. Short and sweet.

So in this senario you are the first person to step on mars. What would you say? What would think should be said?

I think I would say

Today is the furthest mankind has ever ventured. Tomorrow I may say the same.

[Image: 16513503025_4eefff2c97.jpg]

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
27-07-2016, 01:28 PM
(23-06-2016 09:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When a human shakes the appendage of an extraterrestrial is when something more poetic or powerful will be spoken.

What would you say should such an event occur. And you we're the person to do it?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
27-07-2016, 03:10 PM
(23-06-2016 09:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:38 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. ~ Neil Armstrong

This famous quote is know by just about everyone. I poetic and powerful. By this simple little action he had done something that has never done before, but not claiming it on himself but all of humanity. Short and sweet.

So in this senario you are the first person to step on mars. What would you say? What would think should be said?

I think I would say

Today is the furthest mankind has ever ventured. Tomorrow I may say the same.

The moon landing was really an accomplishment of mankind. Neil, I love you but you were incidental. The quote nails that point. The situation will be the same when one of us sets foots on mars. The words uttered in that moment will not be anymore poetic or powerful than when we stepped foot on the moon.

When a human shakes the appendage of an extraterrestrial is when something more poetic or powerful will be spoken.

You're making a pretty wild assumption there --- in some quarters of the galaxy, shaking an appendage can mean anything from "Spare a few credits?" -- to declaring war -- or sexual foreplay......... It might even mean you're now married to it.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-07-2016, 06:43 PM
(23-06-2016 09:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The moon landing was really an accomplishment of mankind. Neil, I love you but you were incidental. The quote nails that point. The situation will be the same when one of us sets foots on mars. The words uttered in that moment will not be anymore poetic or powerful than when we stepped foot on the moon.

Well said.

My uncle worked on the Apollo missions. He was a government contractor and without his contributions there may not have been a moon landing. He was an unknown mathematician who helped solve a problem using a slide ruler.

When Armstrong stepped on the moon, my uncle was part of that.

As a side note, he received a lunar module tie pin for his efforts. My dad gave it to me when my uncle died and I where it from time to time.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-07-2016, 06:47 PM
My God! It's full of stars!
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
27-07-2016, 06:50 PM
(23-06-2016 09:38 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Today is the furthest mankind has ever ventured. Tomorrow I may say the same.

That is legit the perfect quote.
Acknowledge the great achievement of reaching Mars, but also that we should never keep trying to reach further and continue to discover more and more.

+1 internet cookies for you good sir.

If I was the first person I'd say something legit like the quote above.
But for fun I'd probably make a comment about being able to see someone's momma from here. Or simply just "cunt"

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post