First time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 11:52 PM
First time
Tonight at work, a customer came in, and after chatting with my coworker, came over to me and offered his handshake, so I stood and looked him in the eye introducing myself.

"Nice to meet you," he said with a smile. I sat down again. He continued, "I just thought you needed a blessing, so there it is, a blessing."

"Oh, okay," I answered as he turned and walked away.

It's the first time since I returned home three years ago that I've had religion pressed so overtly in my face, and it felt a little creepy.

My coworker tells me that when she was having chest pains earlier in the year, he "blessed" her, and her pain went away. I think perhaps she mentioned my chronic pain to him (a result of bone disease in my hip) and he took it upon himself to be Sir Galahad.

Alas, the fucking hip is still crotchety as hell, as is the sonofabitch attached to it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-10-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: First time
Hug

Hoping science/medicine is getting closer to finding a way to help you out.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
29-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Bloody hell. It sounds kind of insulting. You need a blessing? Why mother fucker is something wrong with me?

What a turd.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-10-2015, 01:06 AM
(28-10-2015 11:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Tonight at work, a customer came in, and after chatting with my coworker, came over to me and offered his handshake, so I stood and looked him in the eye introducing myself.

"Nice to meet you," he said with a smile. I sat down again. He continued, "I just thought you needed a blessing, so there it is, a blessing."

It's the first time since I returned home three years ago that I've had religion pressed so overtly in my face, and it felt a little creepy.

My coworker tells me that when she was having chest pains earlier in the year, he "blessed" her, and her pain went away. I think perhaps she mentioned my chronic pain to him (a result of bone disease in my hip) and he took it upon himself to be Sir Galahad.

Alas, the fucking hip is still crotchety as hell, as is the sonofabitch attached to it.
Am I bad for laughing? It seems so unreal to me that things like this happens. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
29-10-2015, 01:56 AM
(29-10-2015 01:06 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 11:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Tonight at work, a customer came in, and after chatting with my coworker, came over to me and offered his handshake, so I stood and looked him in the eye introducing myself.

Am I bad for laughing? It seems so unreal to me that things like this happens. (^_^)

Yeah I simply cannot imagine the unmitigated gall of the man. How dare he? Who does he think he is? I cannot imagine it happening here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-10-2015, 02:14 AM
I'd have said -- "A blessing??? nooo.... you misheard.... I need a blowjob, not a blessing..."

If that didn't shut the fuck up, nothing would....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-10-2015, 03:05 AM
(29-10-2015 01:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ... Yeah I simply cannot imagine the unmitigated gall of the man. How dare he? Who does he think he is?

Now, now, don't pop a gasket, reciprocate:

Godly Man: "I just thought you needed a blessing, so there it is, a blessing."

You: "Thanks; likewise to you, sir, but to the third power."

Godly Man: "???"

You: "I could see you needed blessing too, and much more than what you felt obliged to parse out to me, you know, A blessing, just one. I can afford to be generous and multiply the favor to a level where it actually might do some good. Want more? My supply is plentiful. Here, have another one. Here's two more. They don't cost anything, but each one you give away makes you feel like a million, doesn't it. Now I feel like twenty million." Beam at him.

Tongue
[+] 6 users Like Airportkid's post
29-10-2015, 03:29 AM
(28-10-2015 11:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  "Nice to meet you," he said with a smile. I sat down again. He continued, "I just thought you needed a blessing, so there it is, a blessing."

"But I haven't sneezed yet"
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
29-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Oh, ick. What a tool.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
29-10-2015, 07:06 AM
An ex boss of mine had hurt her toe. An employee came up to her, put her hands on her shoulders and started calling out for a healing. You know the whole "dear jesus! Fix this woman's blah blah"

Boss said she'd never been so freaked out in her life. Didn't know what to do.

Freaks.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post