First time poster, long time atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: First time poster, long time atheist.
Welcome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd definitely prefer the "holiday" to be international. There'd be no reason to limit it to just one nation. I just had more specific nationalistic reasons in mind, but absolutely, I think it would be better for the planet in general.

I did see that National Day of Reason. I don't like that it competes with religion on the same day. I'm not looking to intrude (directly), nor to compete (also in terms of resources, ads, music, culture, etc - I think it would be a bad idea to celebrate such an idea on Christmas day, for example). But otherwise, the idea is similar. And while we can consider the year as almost completely secular, there is little emphasis or awareness of the idea. We basically live our lives without appreciating the idea of secular thoughts and well reasoned and evidential arguments. I want the "holiday" to emphasis what we believe, beyond just living our everyday lives. I've got the idea a little more fleshed out as soon as I can make some topics, or find the current ones.

Re:music - I mean more songs about atheistic subjects. There are some quite good songs around. I just feel we lack a strong variety of atheist themed messages in music. And I'd like it to better permeate our culture. I have a few ideas that I think could make for some very pointed lyrics. Add some rich melodies and we could have some songs that start getting some attention.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2013, 07:00 PM
(03-04-2013 02:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome.

I was watching the video in your signature. I know its all bullshit, but if you look, it is visibly obvious that there are people pushing then downwards so they have to fall down, they have no choice.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user