First time sharing this.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2017, 10:50 PM
First time sharing this.
Hello everyone. I'm still in the early stages of this journey of mine. I've went through a lot of personal study, reflection, and reasoning just over the last couple of months, but I think I'm at that point where I just need to express it some way or somehow:

I am an atheist.

Just typing that out feels odd to me still. I'm a southerner, who was "raised up in the church" and has been a Christian for over 20+ years. I would have never imagined that at this point of my life I would be posting something like this, but here I am. This is new territory for me. However, after consuming most of Seth's podcasts in a manner of weeks, I get the feeling that I'm going to be in good company from all the good vibes that Seth puts out from his work.

"Hey, yall" from this country boy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Skeptic_Southerner's post
04-01-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: First time sharing this.
Welcome!
04-01-2017, 11:09 PM
(04-01-2017 10:50 PM)Skeptic_Southerner Wrote:  Hello everyone. I'm still in the early stages of this journey of mine. I've went through a lot of personal study, reflection, and reasoning just over the last couple of months, but I think I'm at that point where I just need to express it some way or somehow:

I am an atheist.

Just typing that out feels odd to me still. I'm a southerner, who was "raised up in the church" and has been a Christian for over 20+ years. I would have never imagined that at this point of my life I would be posting something like this, but here I am. This is new territory for me. However, after consuming most of Seth's podcasts in a manner of weeks, I get the feeling that I'm going to be in good company from all the good vibes that Seth puts out from his work.

"Hey, yall" from this country boy.

Well, if you post again we will know you didn't burst into flames or get struck by lightning. Yes

It's really not so bad...good group here, welcome.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Hey there, from a fellow southerner Cool

You may be interested in checking out the library. I don't even know if it's updated anymore, but hey, there's a lot of interesting stuff in there.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
04-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Welcome. Congrats on escaping the shackles.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Howdy!

Fellow southerner here, as well. Lots of us, here, and most of us were raised Christian... and learned how to walk away. I was a hardcore "on fire for Jayzus" evangelical/fundamentalist Southern Baptist, m'self.

Welcome to the wide world of reason and sanity. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
05-01-2017, 02:07 AM
Welcome to (the sometimes harsh) reality. Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
05-01-2017, 02:55 AM
Hello! Big Grin
05-01-2017, 03:04 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.