First time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: First time
(29-10-2015 01:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 01:06 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Am I bad for laughing? It seems so unreal to me that things like this happens. (^_^)

Yeah I simply cannot imagine the unmitigated gall of the man. How dare he? Who does he think he is? I cannot imagine it happening here.

That's what tripped me out -- the ego required to maintain the fiction that you walk around Earth wielding your god's powers.

Looking forward to the next time ... I'll ask him how come my lottery numbers didn't hit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 12:01 PM
When I was diagnosed with cluster headaches, a customer at the store I worked at overheard me telling a co-worker about them and how much they suck. This random woman walked right up to me, placed her hand on the top of my head and began praying in this horribly over-dramatic voice. "OOOHH DEAR LORDY! PPUUUHLLEEEEEEEEEEAASSEE BLESS THIS POOR CHILD!"

I nearly broke her wrist by grabbing and twisting it into a hold behind her back.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people that makes them think walking up behind someone and palming their head is a good idea... Oh yeah... religion. Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-10-2015, 07:06 PM
(28-10-2015 11:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Tonight at work, a customer came in, and after chatting with my coworker, came over to me and offered his handshake, so I stood and looked him in the eye introducing myself.

"Nice to meet you," he said with a smile. I sat down again. He continued, "I just thought you needed a blessing, so there it is, a blessing."

"Oh, okay," I answered as he turned and walked away.

It's the first time since I returned home three years ago that I've had religion pressed so overtly in my face, and it felt a little creepy.

My coworker tells me that when she was having chest pains earlier in the year, he "blessed" her, and her pain went away. I think perhaps she mentioned my chronic pain to him (a result of bone disease in my hip) and he took it upon himself to be Sir Galahad.

Alas, the fucking hip is still crotchety as hell, as is the sonofabitch attached to it.
Sounds similar to my experience.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e+hospital

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post