Fiscal Cliff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Fiscal Cliff
(24-11-2012 03:24 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 03:41 PM)Denicio Wrote:  In a nutshell.....remember the hysteria over the Y2K computer thing......yeah, its like that but the only MAIN difference is that its the ONLY story Faux Noise has to run now. So for the next 60 days expect to hear them yammer on and on and on about it.
This is much to do about nothing.
From a very basic understanding of what is about to happen...is things will fall back to pre W years....remember all those PROSPEROUS years of Clinton, surlplus and business boom.....that stuff.
If i were obama, i'd drive the GOP right off the fiscal cliff and let this country get back to normal again. At least give the uber rich a tax level that my middle class ass is carrying. Wanna talk about welfare? How about the welfare program W has handed the rich with his tax cuts?
D
You are wrong, America has the world's highest corporate tax: 35%. You can go to literally anywhere in the world and there is less regulations for business owners.
Meanwhile back in the Employment world, i have dozens of clients closing up shop in europe and china as this whole 'globalization' test has run its course. Jobs are coming back to the states in record numbers as those 3rd world countries just cant get their heads around things like "Quality" or "Scrap". We even have one client that has a "Bring the jobs back home" HR initiative.
Less regulation gets you shitty air, dirty water, birth defects, low wages, terrible working conditions and long hours.
Why anyone would argue for LESS regulation when it comes to these things is beyond me.
As for the boogieman 35% coporate tax rate, too many companies are opening here in the states, clients closing plants in india and returning home. Oddly, does not seem like that big of a problem............unless one happens to listen to Fox News, Drudge or Alex Jones.
I am in employment, i own one of the nations largest recruiting firms and business is and has been very very good!
I know competing firms that are having the biggest years in the business. But thats just silly talk from the Foxhole. Media wants to tell you its much much worse. If it bleeds...then it leads.... (Media Motto)
D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
3 things constitute the vast majority of the Budget: Health Care, Social Security, and Defense.

The debt is so easy to fix its laughable.
#1 Health Care
#2 Social Security
#3 Defense
#4 Taxes
#5 Free Trade
#6 Drugs

#1 Universal Health Care
We pay twice as much as Canadians, and even far more than some other countries, do for the same health care. If we adopted the Canadian universal health care we would only have to pay half the cost we do now.

#2 Social Security
Two words, Baby Boomers. There are lots of old people right now, and its putting stress on the system. With some minor tweaks this program will work fine and be self sufficient.

#3 Defense
Currently the US spends as much on Defense as the rest of the world combined, and we are allies with just about nearly every country on the planet. This is nothing more than a government corporate welfare program, and the gravy train needs to end. If we cut this budget to 1/7 its current expenditure, then we would still far outspend any other country.

#4 Taxes
Reinstall 40% Tax rate on the richest people. They don't need the money, and it is a proven fact that giving them more money does not create jobs. Jobs are created when they can be produced at a profit, and are for the most part independent of current assets.

#5 Free Trade
Stop free trade, as it only encourages companies to move manufacturing jobs overseas.

#5 End Drug War
Billions are wasted chasing down non-violent felons and prosecuting them to support the corporate incarceration system. Legalize perfectly harmless drugs like marijuana and tax the shit out of it.
[+] 3 users Like Diablo's post
04-12-2012, 03:59 AM
(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  3 things constitute the vast majority of the Budget: Health Care, Social Security, and Defense.

The debt is so easy to fix its laughable.
#1 Health Care
#2 Social Security
#3 Defense
#4 Taxes
#5 Free Trade
#6 Drugs

#1 Universal Health Care
We pay twice as much as Canadians, and even far more than some other countries, do for the same health care. If we adopted the Canadian universal health care we would only have to pay half the cost we do now.

#2 Social Security
Two words, Baby Boomers. There are lots of old people right now, and its putting stress on the system. With some minor tweaks this program will work fine and be self sufficient.

#3 Defense
Currently the US spends as much on Defense as the rest of the world combined, and we are allies with just about nearly every country on the planet. This is nothing more than a government corporate welfare program, and the gravy train needs to end. If we cut this budget to 1/7 its current expenditure, then we would still far outspend any other country.

#4 Taxes
Reinstall 40% Tax rate on the richest people. They don't need the money, and it is a proven fact that giving them more money does not create jobs. Jobs are created when they can be produced at a profit, and are for the most part independent of current assets.

#5 Free Trade
Stop free trade, as it only encourages companies to move manufacturing jobs overseas.

#5 End Drug War
Billions are wasted chasing down non-violent felons and prosecuting them to support the corporate incarceration system. Legalize perfectly harmless drugs like marijuana and tax the shit out of it.

Well stated. It makes so much sense, so it can't possibly happen. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 08:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
This is very good, I'll anticipate some objections and observations.

(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  #1 Universal Health Care

But then there will be Government controlled "death panels" and you won't get the care you need when you need it. ... Lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Shocking Yeah, the medical term is "triage" and you might not get that hip replacement as soon as you'd like and might have to take Vicodin a bit longer, or you'd probably be eligible to hook up with Stark for a less addictive and more effective form of pain relief. But I'd wager if this 50 yo fat man walks into an ER in Canada complaining of chest pain he gets moved to the front of the line just like in the USA.

(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  #2 Social Security

Stop giving me a goddam $700/month raise every September when I reach the $106,800 income cap on Social Security taxes. I'm already accustomed to budgeting based on the lower amount for 2/3 of the year. My brother the actuary says that would make the program solvent forever but it would fundamentally change the Social Security contract that relates payout to payin. I say, yeah fuck it, it's a way of means-testing for Social Security that I won't even notice.

(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  #3 Defense

I'm in the Army Acquisition Corps, the private sector Military Industrial Complex has devolved beyond a stimulus into a permanent entitlement program. We could reduce the Defense budget by 50% without impacting military readiness in the least. But it's such a big part of our economy that we couldn't do it haphazardly without a serious loss of jobs. This one needs to be cut with a laser scalpel by surgeons who actually know what they are doing. Unfortunately, when the surgeons suggest the cuts, the politicians override them 'cause it'll invariably impact their constituents. Military cuts need to be left to the military much like the Base Realignment and Closure Acts, the Pols are the ones who need to be cut out.

(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  #4 Taxes

That's a no-brainer. Buffett's already written an excellent op-ed about how the tax rate is the least of his investment considerations.

(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  #5 Free Trade

This one feels tricky to me. Don't personally feel qualified to even have an opinion.

(03-12-2012 08:53 PM)Diablo Wrote:  #6 End Drug War

This is the biggest no-brainer to me. If what you really want is to hurt the Mexican Drug Cartel and the violence that comes with them, cut 'em off at their fucking knees, legalize weed. They're then reduced to meth, heroin, and opiates which have a much much smaller market. ... Fucking duh.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
04-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:#5 Free Trade

Don't make me do it!
I will not do it for the 6th time!

If you wanna know why this is fucking retarded, then go read a post I made explaining it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-12-2012, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 10:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-12-2012 08:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:#5 Free Trade

Don't make me do it!

If you wanna know why this is fucking retarded, then go read a post I made explaining it.

Girly don't think you're any more qualified than me, think you're 2-3 decades less qualified to put it bluntly, but I'll read it if you link it. ... I can only hope it ain't about the Māori and water rights.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-12-2012, 01:04 AM
(04-12-2012 09:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 08:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't make me do it!

Girly don't think you're any more qualified than me, think you're 2-3 decades less qualified to put it bluntly, but I'll read it if you link it. ... I can only hope it ain't about the Māori and water rights.
It's economics, supply and demand, efficiency of resources etc.. The country a produces product Y and X country b produces product Y and X etc.. ring a bell?

05-12-2012, 07:55 PM
(05-12-2012 01:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 09:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly don't think you're any more qualified than me, think you're 2-3 decades less qualified to put it bluntly, but I'll read it if you link it. ... I can only hope it ain't about the Māori and water rights.
It's economics, supply and demand, efficiency of resources etc.. The country a produces product Y and X country b produces product Y and X etc.. ring a bell?

Yeah, I already got all that shit. Now show and explain to me the math of free trade agreements vs. tariff wars.

05-12-2012, 11:45 PM
what math?

It is entirely situational.
As a general rule Free Trade agreement is better then 'tariff war'. But under certain circumstances imposing tariffs can be beneficial. However, free trade agreement is the better long term solution.

Also it's not shit, it's economics. You might not like it but it is how the world operates. Incentive, efficiency, limited resources and dead babies are what fuel the burners that keep the world turning.

06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
(05-12-2012 11:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  what math?

Fucking MuffinHead. You aspire to be some big time import-export capitalist and you don't realize you better be able to hold a profit-loss statement in one hand and a balance sheet in the other and reconcile them. What math? Fuckin' MuffinHead.