Fitting animals on the Ark and How to Feed Them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Information Fitting animals on the Ark and How to Feed Them
[Image: img_497.jpg]

Creationist have found a way to get away from the problem of fitting every animal on the ark. There are a load of excuses they can use. However as we know their are still problems with that. To be fair I will only use land animals with nostrils on the ark (see fairing animals are for later). As you drink your coffee,tea,hot chocolate,water, or whatever lets take a look at the excuse creationist use for the ark.Drinking Beverage

The first excuse I will go over is the size of animals. When you bring up to these young earth creationist the size of a sauropod then there is a problem. However they get away with this with the "the can be babies excuse." The argument of sheep sized animals on the ark sends a problem. Lets take for example elephants. Elephants when they are young are raised by their whole entire family.(1) Letting the creationist have that elephants can be sheep sized, the young elephant needs to have the whole herd taking care of them other wise they would not learn. This would mean that elephants would have died out when they got off the ark due to the fact that they never learned how to gather food and any other important things elephants have to do. Not just that also must go for all animals on the earth that must be raised when sheep sized. Not all creationist will go for this argument they have another one.

This one is that every kind could fit because there is only 10,000 or so more. As I stated the kinds that creationist use tend to be in families. The problem with this is that the bible goes that you should bring Seven pairs of every clean kind and bird and two of every unclean kind.(2) Not only that but creationist tend to think only of modern animals and dinosaurs. They tend to forget synapids and many other land living paleo fauna with paws. So if there was a lot of animals on the ark with only two of each and every kind, imagine how many there are with now seven pairs of clean kinds and birds? It doesn't end there. Lets talk about how to avoid feeding these things.

So how about feeding each of these amazing beast. Well one way to get away from this is the fact that all animals ate different diets from what they eat today. Lions for example in creationism ate meat after the global flood. Ignore bottlenecks and the fact that lions could not adapt to eating meat that fast, there is no evidence that this is true. The bible won't cut it. They must show the data. Through out history lions have been documented to eat meat. Never once is there a document saying that lion ate grass. Also this must have been 4000 years ago and beyond other wise it would be point less. So thanks to science how much food do you have to give to every animal with a special diet of meat and certain plants. For example pandas and bamboo.

Not all creationist accept that animals ate meat after the flood. Some say it was after the fall. But they tend to say that most of the animals were hibernating. There is a problem with that. First we don't know where the flood started. It could have started in summer for all we know. Also this sort of comes into conflict with what they say. Animals only hibernate during the winter, and even then it depends on the region. Animals hibernate when they need to stop eating.(3) If Noah has food then whats the point, they can get the food they need if Noah had enough. Hibernating is also not something all animals do.

This is my second look at the flood. If there is anything wrong please fell free to correct me and show the source that shows me wrong and even add more information I forgot to. Thanks for readingBig Grin

1.http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/0MProboscidae/Elephantidae/Loxodonta/Loxodonta_africana/12LoxAfrBehParen.htm

2.http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis7:2-3;&version=NIV

3.http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=349

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Fitting animals on the Ark and How to Feed Them
(28-01-2014 07:13 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: img_497.jpg]

Creationist have found a way to get away from the problem of fitting every animal on the ark. There are a load of excuses they can use. However as we know their are still problems with that. To be fair I will only use land animals with nostrils on the ark (see fairing animals are for later). As you drink your coffee,tea,hot chocolate,water, or whatever lets take a look at the excuse creationist use for the ark.Drinking Beverage

The first excuse I will go over is the size of animals. When you bring up to these young earth creationist the size of a sauropod then there is a problem. However they get away with this with the "the can be babies excuse." The argument of sheep sized animals on the ark sends a problem. Lets take for example elephants. Elephants when they are young are raised by their whole entire family.(1) Letting the creationist have that elephants can be sheep sized, the young elephant needs to have the whole herd taking care of them other wise they would not learn. This would mean that elephants would have died out when they got off the ark due to the fact that they never learned how to gather food and any other important things elephants have to do. Not just that also must go for all animals on the earth that must be raised when sheep sized. Not all creationist will go for this argument they have another one.

This one is that every kind could fit because there is only 10,000 or so more. As I stated the kinds that creationist use tend to be in families. The problem with this is that the bible goes that you should bring Seven pairs of every clean kind and bird and two of every unclean kind.(2) Not only that but creationist tend to think only of modern animals and dinosaurs. They tend to forget synapids and many other land living paleo fauna with paws. So if there was a lot of animals on the ark with only two of each and every kind, imagine how many there are with now seven pairs of clean kinds and birds? It doesn't end there. Lets talk about how to avoid feeding these things.

So how about feeding each of these amazing beast. Well one way to get away from this is the fact that all animals ate different diets from what they eat today. Lions for example in creationism ate meat after the global flood. Ignore bottlenecks and the fact that lions could not adapt to eating meat that fast, there is no evidence that this is true. The bible won't cut it. They must show the data. Through out history lions have been documented to eat meat. Never once is there a document saying that lion ate grass. Also this must have been 4000 years ago and beyond other wise it would be point less. So thanks to science how much food do you have to give to every animal with a special diet of meat and certain plants. For example pandas and bamboo.

Not all creationist accept that animals ate meat after the flood. Some say it was after the fall. But they tend to say that most of the animals were hibernating. There is a problem with that. First we don't know where the flood started. It could have started in summer for all we know. Also this sort of comes into conflict with what they say. Animals only hibernate during the winter, and even then it depends on the region. Animals hibernate when they need to stop eating.(3) If Noah has food then whats the point, they can get the food they need if Noah had enough. Hibernating is also not something all animals do.

This is my second look at the flood. If there is anything wrong please fell free to correct me and show the source that shows me wrong and even add more information I forgot to. Thanks for readingBig Grin

1.http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/0MProboscidae/Elephantidae/Loxodonta/Loxodonta_africana/12LoxAfrBehParen.htm

3.http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=349

Yabut, there was no flood. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-01-2014, 09:51 PM
They also ignore the other end of the problem.

Day #1 - Ark lands. Everyone gets out. Lions, gazelles, wildebeest, gnu, zebras, etc. head for Africa.

Day #2 - The lions get hungry.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
28-01-2014, 10:05 PM
(28-01-2014 07:13 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: img_497.jpg]

This wouldn't exactly be a problem for an omnipotent being, though. The way creationists tend to rationalize this amuses me.

Truth seeker.
28-01-2014, 10:32 PM
(28-01-2014 09:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  They also ignore the other end of the problem.

Day #1 - Ark lands. Everyone gets out. Lions, gazelles, wildebeest, gnu, zebras, etc. head for Africa.

Day #2 - The lions get hungry.

Lol, never thought of that one.

"but but the Lions could've eaten the babies since they knew they would starve if they are the parents. Duh, god planned it"
~that's about the response I would expect to get though... sigh...

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Boom!
[Image: h0F701C3A]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
29-01-2014, 12:11 PM
(28-01-2014 07:13 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  This one is that every kind could fit because there is only 10,000 or so more. As I stated the kinds that creationist use tend to be in families. The problem with this is that the bible goes that you should bring Seven pairs of every clean kind and bird and two of every unclean kind.(2) Not only that but creationist tend to think only of modern animals and dinosaurs. They tend to forget synapids and many other land living paleo fauna with paws. So if there was a lot of animals on the ark with only two of each and every kind, imagine how many there are with now seven pairs of clean kinds and birds? It doesn't end there. Lets talk about how to avoid feeding these things.

One of my main annoyances with the "kinds" claim is that it is indefinable. Whereas science examines and defines things, redefines where new evidence reveals itself, and discards any unsubstantiatible notions, creationism simply assures and makes no attempt to go further.

The most in the way of a definition they would give to "kinds" is essentially, you know it when you see it. Case in point, are these a "kind"? In reality they are not even in the same Family, or Order, but how could you possibly know that if you rely on Creationism to guide you.

[Image: Igel.JPG] [Image: Porcupine4.jpg]
[Image: Tachyglossus_aculeatus_side_on.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
29-01-2014, 12:19 PM
What blows my mind is the thought of getting off that ark and being struck with the smell of a whole planets worth of dead, bloated animals and plants, all rotting at once.

Fun. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
29-01-2014, 12:22 PM
My dad was a veterinarian and he tried to work out the amount of feed/food as well as the different requirements for the animals on the ark. That was one of our first discussions regarding his move away from the Christian religion.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-01-2014, 12:27 PM
(29-01-2014 12:11 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  One of my main annoyances with the "kinds" claim is that it is indefinable. Whereas science examines and defines things, redefines where new evidence reveals itself, and discards any unsubstantiatible notions, creationism simply assures and makes no attempt to go further.

Of course it's undefinable.

If it were defined it would be testable. And that is very much the last thing those proposing it (generally people who know it's bullshit but like idiots' money) would want.

(29-01-2014 12:11 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  The most in the way of a definition they would give to "kinds" is essentially, you know it when you see it. Case in point, are these a "kind"? In reality they are not even in the same Family, or Order, but how could you possibly know that if you rely on Creationism to guide you.

[Image: Igel.JPG] [Image: Porcupine4.jpg]
[Image: Tachyglossus_aculeatus_side_on.jpg]

Don't forget these guys!
[Image: lesser-hedgehog-tenrec-1335.jpg]

... this is my signature!