Five Stages of Grief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Five Stages of Grief
(16-10-2015 12:52 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct, I have prophecy and revelation, not speculation. Correct.

Bull shit.

If you are prepared to grant one god existence, you must grant them all, Zeus, Poseidon etc.

You know there is a tree in Tasmania that predates the beginning of your stupid book by 4000 years? That's right, the tree is dated to 10,000 years.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2015, 06:21 PM
(16-10-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The problem with your "random god of the gaps" is simple. Organic life is more than compound things but rather, compound things that interact with one another in sustainable processes.

Which doesn't require anything other than chemistry, natch.

There is still no need, or even evidence, for a god's direction in this.

(16-10-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It wasn't a lightning bolt that struck goo and made life, nor solar radiation, nor volcanism, nor any natural process you can think of--it required God working on the order of nanotechnology!

You keep saying this.

You also keep failing to substantiate it.

(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Of course the basic blocks of life are on Earth. Adam wasn't made from the inside of a star but starting with carbon-rich Earth. We both know we can pull the water from a human body and then we have a few dollars' worth of chemicals--without the divine spark added.

You have no evidence for the existence of a "divine spark". You do not even have a coherent definition of "divine spark".

(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The problem you'd have if you could show how chemical reactions form the basics of life is in showing how on a random basis--no matter how much advantage you offer to selective, survival-rich evolution--cell structures evolved to work harmoniously together.

Even entirely discounting natural selection, given enough time and opportunity, any chance, no matter how small, will crop up.

You really don't seem to understand this whole probability thing.

(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Example? No animal can have a respiratory system without a circulatory system AND an excretory system AND muscles or cells or cilia moving the respiratory organs AND etc.

There is no such thing as irreducible complexity.

(16-10-2015 12:52 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct, I have prophecy and revelation, not speculation.

You really, really don't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
16-10-2015, 06:49 PM
(16-10-2015 12:52 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct, I have prophecy and revelation, not speculation. Correct.

And I AM God, not speculation, revelation. Correct. You're just a wannabe God.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-10-2015, 09:17 PM
(15-10-2015 11:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong again.

The basic building blocks form naturally.

You keep ignoring the vast amount of time available versus the very few years anyone has worked on this.

Try again. Drinking Beverage

Actually, don't until you have learned some science.

Vast amounts of time neither increase the available amount of possible compounds nor do they make even the simplest life on Earth less complex than it is or was.

Vast amounts of time increase the possibility of actual compounds forming and the opportunities for complexity to evolve.

Quote:You in turn are ignoring those scientists, secular and religious, who have chimed in that it is not likely even given more time than we've given for life to form on Earth.

You can probably list those 'scientists' on the fingers of one hand.

How about you list some. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2015, 09:19 PM
(16-10-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 12:01 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Chemistry of exactness to actively generate life, yes.

Again you're really dishonest or struggling. To assert, like going to the moon vs traveling fast than light... that comparison is making a judgement of something seemingly incapable by definition of modern understanding or well out... The reality is sitll an unknown figure to what degree being able to find more data on the formation of life can be.

You don't have any rational justification to knowing what the comparison it is of speed to travel to the moon to speed of light travel. It is perhaps not likely, you don't know how unlikely it is still. That's just all unknown ground. It's just showing off your routine ignorance and never caring to understand, when you refuse to act sensibly to the problems. Don't assume anything you don't need to if you want actual understanding.

The problem with your "random god of the gaps" is simple. Organic life is more than compound things but rather, compound things that interact with one another in sustainable processes. It wasn't a lightning bolt that struck goo and made life, nor solar radiation, nor volcanism, nor any natural process you can think of--it required God working on the order of nanotechnology!

That's quite an assertion. You have no evidence for that.

16-10-2015, 09:24 PM
(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 06:06 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I'm really not.

That's wonderful.

It's still not an argument.

The compounds making up life on Earth can be shown, rather tautologically, to exist on Earth. And no amount of complexity makes life anything other than the result of chemical activity.

Even if these people exist - and I look forward to your future attempts at quote-mining and appeals to inappropriate authority to show that they do - the evidence is against them.

Of course the basic blocks of life are on Earth. Adam wasn't made from the inside of a star but starting with carbon-rich Earth. We both know we can pull the water from a human body and then we have a few dollars' worth of chemicals--without the divine spark added.

The problem you'd have if you could show how chemical reactions form the basics of life is in showing how on a random basis--no matter how much advantage you offer to selective, survival-rich evolution--cell structures evolved to work harmoniously together. Example? No animal can have a respiratory system without a circulatory system AND an excretory system AND muscles or cells or cilia moving the respiratory organs AND etc.

You really have no idea how evolution operates. Those systems evolve from rudimentary ones, they even evolve from simpler systems that evolved doing something else, e.g. lungs evolved from swim bladders.

You claim these things are impossible, but those are empty, unsupported claims.

16-10-2015, 09:25 PM
(16-10-2015 12:52 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 06:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Actually, no you do not. Perhaps you were told to and was so gullible you fell for it.

When I was told I would die during Nov' 14. felt none of the 5 stages. I just thought "I'm gonna fight this! I have too much to live for."

Twice since I was told I could expect to die.

I made no bargain with a thing that does not exist. I simply fought. I did watch several xians give up so they could fall into the arms of their precious non existent god. I still exist. They do not.

5 stages of grief did not and will never exist for me. If I do not survive, I will go with dignity.

Correct, I have prophecy and revelation, not speculation. Correct.

Prophecy and revelation are bullshit. They are the claims from delusions.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-10-2015, 10:50 PM
(16-10-2015 12:52 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ... Correct, I have prophecy and revelation, not speculation. Correct ...

What passage(s) in the bible are the specific prophes(ies) that mankind will never synthesize life sans supernatural means?
20-10-2015, 12:32 PM
(16-10-2015 04:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Bull shit.

If you are prepared to grant one god existence, you must grant them all, Zeus, Poseidon etc.

You know there is a tree in Tasmania that predates the beginning of your stupid book by 4000 years? That's right, the tree is dated to 10,000 years.

Sorry. I'm prepared to grant the One God existence because He verifies His own Word via prophecy, archaeology, science, history and more. Zeus and Poseidon have lost a lot of traction, but atheists hate Jesus and Moses since they still have adherents!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-10-2015, 12:33 PM
(16-10-2015 06:21 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The problem with your "random god of the gaps" is simple. Organic life is more than compound things but rather, compound things that interact with one another in sustainable processes.

Which doesn't require anything other than chemistry, natch.

There is still no need, or even evidence, for a god's direction in this.

(16-10-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It wasn't a lightning bolt that struck goo and made life, nor solar radiation, nor volcanism, nor any natural process you can think of--it required God working on the order of nanotechnology!

You keep saying this.

You also keep failing to substantiate it.

(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Of course the basic blocks of life are on Earth. Adam wasn't made from the inside of a star but starting with carbon-rich Earth. We both know we can pull the water from a human body and then we have a few dollars' worth of chemicals--without the divine spark added.

You have no evidence for the existence of a "divine spark". You do not even have a coherent definition of "divine spark".

(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The problem you'd have if you could show how chemical reactions form the basics of life is in showing how on a random basis--no matter how much advantage you offer to selective, survival-rich evolution--cell structures evolved to work harmoniously together.

Even entirely discounting natural selection, given enough time and opportunity, any chance, no matter how small, will crop up.

You really don't seem to understand this whole probability thing.

(16-10-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Example? No animal can have a respiratory system without a circulatory system AND an excretory system AND muscles or cells or cilia moving the respiratory organs AND etc.

There is no such thing as irreducible complexity.

(16-10-2015 12:52 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct, I have prophecy and revelation, not speculation.

You really, really don't.

Of course there's such a thing as irreducible complexity. You yourself have failed to explain how life "simply" formed via random processes--as have the scientists, believers or not, of this present day. Because it's irreducibly complex.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.