Five decapitated bodies dumped in Michoacan capital

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 05:09 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
Shocked Five decapitated bodies dumped in Michoacan capital
How could the locals practically help themselves out with their current democratic political system and no-death-penalty policy ?

Edit: Is there any practical way under the existing political structure that the locals could help themselves out ? Do you have any advice ?

-----

News link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/2...9Y20131228

-----

MEXICO CITY Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:39pm EST

(Reuters) - Five severed heads and their bodies were dumped in two spots Saturday morning around the capital of the western state of Michoacan that has been plagued by worsening drug gang violence this year.

Three sets of bodies and heads were displayed in the street in a township on the northern edge of Morelia and the other two were left in the town square of a community in the southern part of the capital, according to a statement from the state prosecutor's office.

Michoacan's murder rate rose in 2013 compared to declines in most states. Last month, dozens of mutilated corpses were found buried in mass graves in an area on the border between the states of Michoacan and Jalisco.

Nationwide, murders peaked in 2011 amid a military-led war against drug gangs, official data shows. President Enrique Pena Nieto, who ends his first year in office, shifted focus away from battling drug cartels to pushing a series of economic reforms through a divided Congress.

Violence spiked in Michoacan in recent years and masked groups of vigilantes took power in some rural communities in 2013, claiming the government was failing to stop gang extortion and violence.

Michoacan's murder rate has nearly doubled since 2006 as traffickers increasingly turned from marijuana plantations to producing methamphetamine in crude labs hidden amid the state's mountains and avocado groves.

Decapitations became an increasingly common form of gangland vengeance across Mexico since five heads were tossed onto a barroom dance floor in the Michoacan town of Uruapan in 2006.

(Reporting by Tomas Sarmiento; Editing by Vicki Allen)

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: Five decapitated bodies dumped in Michoacan capital
(29-12-2013 10:04 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  How could the locals practically help themselves out with their current democratic political system and no-death-penalty policy ?

That has to be the single stupidest thing you have said on this site.

[Image: china_prison_52617531.jpeg]

How can the chinese get out of their system of prison camps and gain human rights with an authoritative oppressive government?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-12-2013, 10:10 AM
(29-12-2013 10:04 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  How could the locals practically help themselves out with their current democratic political system and no-death-penalty policy ?

-----

?????????????

And how would that help in any possible way?

It is not just Mexico, but every region on the Earth that has a route for drug trafficing going through it has a higher crimerate than the surrounding regions.

Southern Italy, Southern France, East Thailand, Caucasus Russia, Northern Brasil, Southern and Eastern Algeria and almoust all of Columbia and Panama.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
29-12-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 03:54 PM by Free Thought.)

Just like everybody else, I'm going to pounce on this, specifically, on the death penalty remark.

Almost all of Europe, much of the Pacific , along with the greater part of Latin America and Canada have abolished the death penalty and almost all have had varying results, it depends on the elements within the nation. Much of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Canada for prime examples are stable nations; there is no necessity to go off and execute criminals to try and deter others and stop repeat offence, but places like Mexico are pretty unstable but I would argue that it is still not necessary, though some quite likely disagree with my assessment and probably have half-decent reasons backing them up. Plus it doesn't work. Plain and simple; capital punishment can only boast decreases of crime in relation to the exact number of people who have been executed, as a deterrence method of punishment, it clearly does not deter would-be criminals and never seems to have done so and long-term imprisonment as part of a societal protection method is, in the way of preventing repeat offences, arguably just as successful, if not more so.

It is simply not necessary to execute, I dunno, 800,000 people in order to secure your governments power against threats, man. Plus I question how a nations people can save themselves from governments which have the death penalty and lists things like talking openly against the government as crimes.

In regards to Mexico itself; the death penalty would not help things in the long run; it is practically in a state of civil war between the government and drug lords, some of whom effectively have military might equivalent to small nations and a heavily infiltrated government to boot. Casting aside what semblance of democracy they have and going completely authoritarian and dictatorial wont help the Mexican government, HU. If anything it could compromise it entirely and just plain incite people in general against the government. Not a good thing, and despite what Mao might say; you cannot kill hem all.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-12-2013, 09:16 PM
(29-12-2013 10:10 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  ?????????????

It is not just Mexico, but every region on the Earth that has a route for drug trafficing going through it has a higher crimerate than the surrounding regions.

Southern Italy, Southern France, East Thailand, Caucasus Russia, Northern Brasil, Southern and Eastern Algeria and almoust all of Columbia and Panama.

Democracy is supposed to have worked unless the locals wanted drugs.

Mexico abolished death penalty in 2007, and I don't think this is a wise move.

29-12-2013, 09:49 PM
(29-12-2013 09:16 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 10:10 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  ?????????????

Democracy is supposed to have worked unless the locals wanted drugs.

Mexico abolished death penalty in 2007, and I don't think this is a wise move.

The locals wanted drugs?

C'mon man, really? Drug runners and producers around the world found a perfect opportunity for manufacture in Mexico and took it, I doubt the locals had anything to do with it on the most part aside from being forced into submission by the various cartels through murder, torture and kidnapping.

Even if Mexico still had the death penalty, how would anything be better off? Should they just arrest and execute anybody they think is associated with a Cartel? Or just execute the members? How would you distinguish between civilians forced into collaboration and willing members?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-12-2013, 12:23 AM
(29-12-2013 09:16 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Democracy is supposed to have worked unless the locals wanted drugs.

What!? Whaaaaaaaat!????? Am I the only one in this forum who thinks that this sentence makes no sence?

Could you rephrase yourself in a way that makes you understandable.

Quote:Mexico abolished death penalty in 2007, and I don't think this is a wise move.

And in Thailand people can be executed for owning drugs - yet these laws never resulted in less drug problems.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
30-12-2013, 04:01 AM
(29-12-2013 10:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That has to be the single stupidest thing you have said on this site.

[Image: china_prison_52617531.jpeg]

How can the chinese get out of their system of prison camps and gain human rights with an authoritative oppressive government?

As if no private prisons for profit and no drug war putting those less fortunate in prison in the US ...

Grow up and update your knowledge please.

BTW, It is called "re-education through working" and it has been abolished in this year. News here says that there's no such institutions in my province already.

On second thought, no, that's not true at all.

You are right. China is a pathetic country not worth mentioning. After its collapse in 2014, people would not even talk about it any more. Young man, you have every reason to feel proud about the wonderful political system of your country. A model for all mankind, it must be !

Bowing

30-12-2013, 04:11 AM
(29-12-2013 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Just like everybody else, I'm going to pounce on this, specifically, on the death penalty remark.

Almost all of Europe, much of the Pacific , along with the greater part of Latin America and Canada have abolished the death penalty and almost all have had varying results, it depends on the elements within the nation. Much of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Canada for prime examples are stable nations; there is no necessity to go off and execute criminals to try and deter others and stop repeat offence, but places like Mexico are pretty unstable but I would argue that it is still not necessary, though some quite likely disagree with my assessment and probably have half-decent reasons backing them up. Plus it doesn't work. Plain and simple; capital punishment can only boast decreases of crime in relation to the exact number of people who have been executed, as a deterrence method of punishment, it clearly does not deter would-be criminals and never seems to have done so and long-term imprisonment as part of a societal protection method is, in the way of preventing repeat offences, arguably just as successful, if not more so.

It is simply not necessary to execute, I dunno, 800,000 people in order to secure your governments power against threats, man. Plus I question how a nations people can save themselves from governments which have the death penalty and lists things like talking openly against the government as crimes.

In regards to Mexico itself; the death penalty would not help things in the long run; it is practically in a state of civil war between the government and drug lords, some of whom effectively have military might equivalent to small nations and a heavily infiltrated government to boot. Casting aside what semblance of democracy they have and going completely authoritarian and dictatorial wont help the Mexican government, HU. If anything it could compromise it entirely and just plain incite people in general against the government. Not a good thing, and despite what Mao might say; you cannot kill hem all.

Yeah. Your suggestions to the Mexicans sounds like having more democracy and less prison. What brilliancy !

Wait, I think I should say sorry for the way I asked the question. I intended to seek some wisdom and opinion here about how the locals could have avoided living around such rampant crime. I should have asked "is there any practical way under the existing political structure that the locals could help themselves out." But when coming to the practical side ... I seemed to have looked in the wrong place.

30-12-2013, 04:18 AM
(30-12-2013 12:23 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 09:16 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Democracy is supposed to have worked unless the locals wanted drugs.

What!? Whaaaaaaaat!????? Am I the only one in this forum who thinks that this sentence makes no sence?

Could you rephrase yourself in a way that makes you understandable.

How come it doesn't make sense ?

[1] The drug related crimes are horrible, unless you think the locals like decapitations, do you ?
[2] According to the merits of democracy, problems are dealt with fairly and efficiently, unless you think otherwise, do you ?
[3] Thus, I said, "Democracy is supposed to have worked unless the locals wanted drugs". It should have made sense to you, unless you don't agree with something stated above, do you ?