Five things you never knew about Pac-Man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2011, 01:26 PM

Five things you never knew about Pac-Man
Article
[Image: PacMan.gif]

And here I'd thought it was just fun to munch up the little ghosts and see how many points I could get. Who knew?!Confused
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
RE: Five things you never knew about Pac-Man
My girlfriend often tells me that I know everything. Now that I read that, she will be right next time she says it. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 09:27 AM

(05-03-2011 03:33 PM)No J. Wrote:  My girlfriend often tells me that I know everything. Now that I read that, she will be right next time she says it. Tongue
"Waka, Waka, Waka!" Wink

[Image: 5206192.jpg]

This is a riot. ^ That simply makes me feel sorry for her hairdresser as she starts the washing at the shampoo bowl. Tongue

[Image: 5206173.jpg]
06-03-2011, 02:20 PM
When I was in primary school there was a book in the library that blamed pacman for the first gulf war.

"Children who ordered PacMan around to eliminate the blips on the screen grow up to think it's ok to eliminate people in the same way. This is how wars start."
Just under a picture of some soldiers stood in Iraq.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
06-03-2011, 02:59 PM

(06-03-2011 02:20 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  When I was in primary school there was a book in the library that blamed pacman for the first gulf war.

"Children who ordered PacMan around to eliminate the blips on the screen grow up to think it's ok to eliminate people in the same way. This is how wars start."
Just under a picture of some soldiers stood in Iraq.
I had this visual of yellow helmets and cannibal soldiers, right before I read that last line. Tongue
People are idiots! Rolleyes
06-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Is it sad that I cared enough about the history of the gaming industry to have looked all this stuff up previously?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner