Fixing problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Fixing problems
We had several bad ice storms in the Portland area this year which is rather unusual. We might get one solid ice storm but usually not four. On top if the ice storm we got snow and then ice on top of the stone. So now we have, what else, potholes.

This guy named Jim Bachor goes around the Chicago area and fixes potholes with mosaic glass and marble and this is the result.

[Image: slogan-pothole-mosaic-by-Jim-Bachelor.jpg]

[Image: strawberry-ice-cream-sandwich.jpg]

[Image: pothole-mosaic-jim-bachor-2.jpg]

It's brilliant! And they last longer than the regular method.

My question is this. What ideas do you have to fix things and how would you fix them? ( our current political situation excluded)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-02-2017, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2017 10:04 AM by abaris.)
RE: Fixing problems
It's completely alien to me. If any pothole that size is spotted, it's fixed the next day. That's what we're paying taxes for. Apart from any potholes not getting to a size like that. I'm always amazed at what Americans are willing to endure as if they weren't paying any taxes.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
19-02-2017, 10:10 AM
I think it would be good to have a way to teach all kids (teens) some real life lessons and have a little less coddling.

We have become a society of people who feel entitled and many feel they have the right to look down on others.

If not actual jobs, then some sort of volunteer work. Washing dishes, waiting tables, flipping burgers, cleaning pens at local animal shelters, cleaning public parks - things like that in order to learn what it is to do those 'low' level jobs and perhaps gain a little respect for people who do those things every day.

It would perhaps motivate some to work harder in school and to aim higher and it would also benefit many organizations that can use the help to help those who need it. Along the way, it may even help people have empathy for those they see as servants and not as people who are doing the best they can to make it in this world.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-02-2017, 10:25 AM
How cool Smile
19-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Someone does this to draw the city's attention to the potholes, or at least someone will call and complain about the dick.

[Image: BQcWqM8.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
19-02-2017, 11:28 AM
(19-02-2017 10:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I think it would be good to have a way to teach all kids (teens) some real life lessons and have a little less coddling.

We have become a society of people who feel entitled and many feel they have the right to look down on others.

If not actual jobs, then some sort of volunteer work. Washing dishes, waiting tables, flipping burgers, cleaning pens at local animal shelters, cleaning public parks - things like that in order to learn what it is to do those 'low' level jobs and perhaps gain a little respect for people who do those things every day.

It would perhaps motivate some to work harder in school and to aim higher and it would also benefit many organizations that can use the help to help those who need it. Along the way, it may even help people have empathy for those they see as servants and not as people who are doing the best they can to make it in this world.

Yes Most of the jobs we did as kids and teens are now done by immigrants. I personally made sure that my sons did the work around the house as needed. It gave them a work ethic, and they don't look at brown people as though they are the only ones who do menial labor.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
19-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Come to Michigan, we drive on potholes, we do not know what roads are.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
20-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Fixing problems
Nothing can compare to Costa Rica potholes. Or most of Central American. We have it easy in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post