Flag burning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2015, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2015 01:25 PM by Peanut butter bullet.)
Flag burning
Now the reason why I bring this up is that I know that burning an American flag is legal but is burning a flag that represents a group of people light the homosexual flag legal? Because this guy on YouTube was burning little holes in a gay flag and I'm just trying to figure out if that's illegal or not.. I know its is free speech do it I think even if it is illegal but people need to understand that there's a consequence to free speech yeah you legally can say whatever you want and then people have the free speech to say what they want back but also another consequence a free speed just somebody might decide to punch you in the face that's a consequence that you have to deal with too and the First Amendment only protects the government from stopping you to say what you want a private corporation like youtube gets to decide what content they are want on their website..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: Flag burning
Now I burn some flags in my time the American flag and the South Korean flag so I don't know
28-01-2015, 01:28 PM
It's like the religious people in this country do have the right to say what they want to say about people who are homosexual or black or any race but they don't have any protection from the consequences of it
28-01-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2015 01:34 PM by Peanut butter bullet.)
Now does it make me a kind of a hypocrite to get pissed off when I see this I'm not a homosexual but I know people who are and this angers me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonXb4M7sl0

But I'm sure that there's people out there who were angry when I burn the American flag or the South Korean flag or when I burnt the Quran or when I burnt the Bible I don't know I think that this is a little bit different.

Because there are gay teens and gay pre teens out there who might hurt themselves.
I've never heard of any teenager preteen hurting sells because they saw someone burning hey flag open a sin or a religious textany teenager preteen hurting sells because they saw someone burning a flag of a nation or a religious book of text
28-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I don't much care if someone burns a flag. Gay Pride flags included. If someone's feelings are hurt.. Meh. Fuck 'em.
My right to free expression outweighs any right one might have to not be offended (not like that right exists).
As for burning books Quran or otherwise I don't think there should be a law against it but it's a terrible thing to do.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
28-01-2015, 02:00 PM
I don't know man its when I see something like in this video I'm worried that some young teenagers going to kill themselves or something you know? I mean I never heard of a teenager killing themselves because somebody burn a Quran. But gay teenagers are killing themselves all the time now.. And something like this could cause a gay teenager to hate themselves and kill themselves so I don't know maybe a law should be passed that only burning a flag of a nation or place is protected by free speech?
28-01-2015, 02:17 PM
I burn a Quran.
Some guy straps on a bomb and kills himself (and others)because he is hurt.
So burning Qurans should be illegal.
Is this not the same thing?
28-01-2015, 02:19 PM
I don't know man its a hard subject...
28-01-2015, 02:21 PM
perhaps.
28-01-2015, 02:29 PM
(28-01-2015 01:21 PM)Peanut butter bullet Wrote:  Now the reason why I bring this up is that I know that burning an American flag is legal but is burning a flag that represents a group of people light the homosexual flag legal? Because this guy on YouTube was burning little holes in a gay flag and I'm just trying to figure out if that's illegal or not.. I know its is free speech do it I think even if it is illegal but people need to understand that there's a consequence to free speech yeah you legally can say whatever you want and then people have the free speech to say what they want back but also another consequence a free speed just somebody might decide to punch you in the face that's a consequence that you have to deal with too and the First Amendment only protects the government from stopping you to say what you want a private corporation like youtube gets to decide what content they are want on their website..

Hateful yes, illegal, no. KKK burns crosses. I don't like it either, but in a free society we have the right to be offensive. It only becomes illegal when you act out in violence or advocate violence.

Humans give far too much weight to objects, like when Muslims flip out and murder people if you deface a Koran, even if you bought it yourself.

I am against destroying property that does not belong to you. But if it is yours, you should be able to do what you want with it as long as it is not causing a safety hazard.

You wont see many atheists calling for the arrest of someone burning a copy of The God Delusion. We might call you an idiot if you did that, but if it is your property, no one should stop you.

It is well intended to want to fight bigotry. The long term problem in doing that is that power shifts over time. No one thinks about "Who gets to decide" and since we will never agree 100% what is or is not offensive, I am not going to hand the loaded gun of censorship only to have a future power not like what I might have to say that might offend them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post