Flamingo farewell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Flamingo farewell
World's oldest flamingo just passed away.

And they never even knew its sex (let's hope s/he knew her/his sex. And, even more importantly, knew sex. Tongue)

And speaking of flirting flamingos, that's apparently, how they go about it (dance never was my favourite art form and am not sure how it would feel to have a whole bunch of inflamed fowl come at you en masse, but who knows, maybe flamingos are "the more, the merrier type"...)

(What? This is way more news than anything Kate Whatsherface and her "royal" husband, whose name I can't remember for the life of me, have ever done in their stupid lives Dodgy Ah, William! I knew I knew it.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
07-02-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: Flamingo farewell
In other bird news - the world's oldest wild bird has just... no, not died. Given birth. And her name is Wisdom. Smile

[Image: ku-xlarge.jpg]

And now I just have to quote a favourte poet of mine, the tortured, calvinist William Cowper. Poor, poor man. Thanks, religion, for creating a real hell. In our own heads. Undecided

"Knowledge is proud that he has learned so much;
Wisdom is humble that he knows no more."

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
07-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Goddam those birds and tortoises live a long ass time. Used to house an Amazon parrot we rescued after he outlived his owner. Fucker passed away in his sleep at 55 yo. Goddam those fuckers are long-lived.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-02-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 07:19 AM by Vera.)
(07-02-2014 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddam those birds and tortoises live a long ass time.

Yabut who'd want to spend their life as a turtle/tortoise. Or even around one. Scary buggers, all of them. Confused

[Image: snapper_1.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post