Flat Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 06:40 AM
Flat Earth
It's really interesting to read their little ideas and how NASA is lying to everybody. I feel dumber reading it, though. Some people will even say that NASA is satanic. Why do they want to believe that Earth is flat?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
25-04-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: Flat Earth
It make them feel smart and special. Look at this that way - almost everybody allowed themselves to be conned and flat Earthers are only ones inteligent enough to see through lies. This is the reason for such belief I think.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-04-2016, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 09:09 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
It's completely retarded. That flat earth map is all kinds of fucked up. According to the flat earth map, it's 3x farther to drive from Brisbane to Perth in Australia, than it is to drive from Vancouver to Toronto in Canada... But it's not 3x farther.. It's about the same distance. Stupid cunts, the whole lot of them.

And even if Australia was somehow 3x wider than it appears on globes, the flat earth map doesn't make it 3x longer North to South... So even if the auto makers somehow made the odometers read 3x less distance, and you somehow drove 3x faster east/west without noticing it, you'd still have to suddenly drive normal speed and read normal distances when you drive north/south...
25-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Of course the earth is flat...

Just look at a map. The whole world fits nice on a map and it's flat!

Don't look at a globe because it's obviously a trick.

Drinking Beverage
/sarcasm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2016, 09:49 AM
But-- but when I look outside, it looks flat.

How big do they think the planet is? Of course it'll look flat to us.
25-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Purpose driven stupidity is the worst form of stupidity.

Flat earthers are the worst offenders..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
25-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Sometimes, I look at the Flat Earth Society forum and see how things are going. There isn't really any evidence of a flat earth. Basically, "NASA is on a mission to deceive us" and "Here are my confusing ideas." Also, they believe gravity doesn't exist (or that a weak form of it does). They may also try to prove Einstein wrong. It's interesting. Hobo
25-04-2016, 12:30 PM
(25-04-2016 06:40 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really interesting to read their little ideas and how NASA is lying to everybody. I feel dumber reading it, though. Some people will even say that NASA is satanic. Why do they want to believe that Earth is flat?

Wanting to believe the Earth is flat is one thing but what does it have to do with religion? What is so evil and diabolical about making people believe the Earth is a sphere? Is there something inherently bad about round objects? How would it even effect their lives in any way, either the Earth is a flat round disk or it's a sphere, either way you're still stuck to it and you're gonna have to live here the rest of your life so it's not even worth worrying about so you may as well believe it's a ball or an oblate spheroid because it makes much more sense.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
25-04-2016, 02:06 PM
(25-04-2016 12:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 06:40 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really interesting to read their little ideas and how NASA is lying to everybody. I feel dumber reading it, though. Some people will even say that NASA is satanic. Why do they want to believe that Earth is flat?

Wanting to believe the Earth is flat is one thing but what does it have to do with religion? What is so evil and diabolical about making people believe the Earth is a sphere? Is there something inherently bad about round objects? How would it even effect their lives in any way, either the Earth is a flat round disk or it's a sphere, either way you're still stuck to it and you're gonna have to live here the rest of your life so it's not even worth worrying about so you may as well believe it's a ball or an oblate spheroid because it makes much more sense.

Because it contradicts God's Big Book of Bad Ideas. Mustn't have any contradictions so we reject your reality and substitute our own despite all evidence to the contrary.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-04-2016, 09:05 PM
(25-04-2016 06:40 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I feel dumber reading it, though.

Well then, enjoy the braincell-B-gone that is FELFAT and Operation Dateline Dig.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.