Flat Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 03:39 AM
RE: Flat Earth
I always thought the Flat Earth Society was being ironic. I never thought the modern version was serious.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
26-04-2016, 05:05 AM
(26-04-2016 03:39 AM)BnW Wrote:  I always thought the Flat Earth Society was being ironic. I never thought the modern version was serious.

It sure seems like it Hobo
26-04-2016, 05:16 AM
(25-04-2016 06:40 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really interesting to read their little ideas and how NASA is lying to everybody. I feel dumber reading it, though. Some people will even say that NASA is satanic. Why do they want to believe that Earth is flat?

Why do Buddhist ignore the fact their religion is nothing but a spin off of and rejection of Hinduism? Why do Christians quote the OT but at the same time try to separate themselves from the OT? Why do Jews ignore that their god Yahweh was taken from prior polytheism?

Once you buy a fantasy without question, and especially if you've been sold that fantasy at birth, anything that conflicts with it you will resist. Just like a parent loves their child to ignoring when the kid does something wrong at school or to other kids on the block.

Humans don't like having their egos bruised.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
26-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Definitely check out the Cool Hard Logic channel on YouTube if you are interested in this subject.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
26-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I once had a short converstaion with a flat eather.

He said the he only believed things that he could see.

And like the above statements thought NASA was hiding something.

So I ask how could a plane fly around the earth?

He said they don't fly around because the edges are guarded by NASA and will shoot them down with if they get to close.

I asked where did he see this?

He said he didn't see it but had people tell him about it. Which was enough for he to accept it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-04-2016, 09:07 AM
(25-04-2016 06:40 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really interesting to read their little ideas and how NASA is lying to everybody. I feel dumber reading it, though. Some people will even say that NASA is satanic. Why do they want to believe that Earth is flat?

I have flown from Seattle to Berlin, stopping a couple of times. It seemed flat all the way to me. There were a few bumps called the Rockies but nevertheless the rest is flat. And what else is reality except what things seem to me? I don't suppose that anyone actually believes the earth is flat. Those people are all probably members of the Flying Spaghetti monster church too.
26-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(26-04-2016 09:00 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I once had a short converstaion with a flat eather.

He said the he only believed things that he could see.

And like the above statements thought NASA was hiding something.

So I ask how could a plane fly around the earth?

He said they don't fly around because the edges are guarded by NASA and will shoot them down with if they get to close.

I asked where did he see this?

He said he didn't see it but had people tell him about it. Which was enough for he to accept it.

Some dumbass was saying that since the earth is a flat disc, with the North Pole in the center, and a giant ice wall around the edge being Antarctica, certain flights can't fly directly to their destination or they'd cross over the North Pole (makes sense).

He then went on to show that "every single flight from (place) to (other place) stops way up in Europe instead of flying straight there!... Except this one flight that goes straight there, and its really expensive and we can't confirm its even real, and I'm going to assume it's all fake tickets and nobody actually on it.."

Facepalm

FYI, this is what flat earthers think the real world is..

[Image: modern+flat+earth+map.png]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
26-04-2016, 10:49 AM
so how do they explain the other planets that are round? is earth the only flat planet?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
27-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Jupiter is flat.

[Image: Jupiter_and_its_shrunken_Great_Red_Spot.jpg]

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post