Flat Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2017, 06:30 AM
RE: Flat Earth
(26-09-2017 06:16 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 05:45 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  That collection of idiots that represent most of the branches of my family tree includes some Flatters. I challenged one of them to dig right through to the bottom side. He actually went and bought a post hole digger. (Illustration for those not familiar with the device.)
[Image: 1991_67237_p1.jpg]

How the hell do you dig a hole with that?

Manually. Drinking Beverage

It's an art. You jab it in, shuffle around 45-90 degrees, jab in again, and so on until you have a clot of earth separated. Then you pinch that with the handles and lift out. If you're doing a line of holes and you see flags stretching to the horizon you'll try to remember the rationalizations that helped you decide to not go to college.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
26-09-2017, 11:32 AM
(26-09-2017 06:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 06:16 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  How the hell do you dig a hole with that?

Manually. Drinking Beverage

It's an art. You jab it in, shuffle around 45-90 degrees, jab in again, and so on until you have a clot of earth separated. Then you pinch that with the handles and lift out. If you're doing a line of holes and you see flags stretching to the horizon you'll try to remember the rationalizations that helped you decide to not go to college.

Yes I remember this torture device from my youth on the farm.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2017, 01:19 PM
(26-09-2017 11:32 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 06:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Manually. Drinking Beverage

Yes I remember this torture device from my youth on the farm.

It's all I did one summer. Got shoulders a nurse described as "incredibly wide" from it.
26-09-2017, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2017 01:33 PM by SYZ.)
How the Sun and Moon circle above our flat Earth

The flat-earthers believe that the sun shines on earth similar to a focussed spotlight, rather than as a 360º glowing sphere.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-09-2017, 02:14 PM
(26-09-2017 01:20 PM)SYZ Wrote:  How the Sun and Moon circle above our flat Earth

The flat-earthers believe that the sun shines on earth similar to a focussed spotlight, rather than as a 360º glowing sphere.

I wonder how they account for the sun lighting up the underside of clouds at sunrise/sunset, and how the sun rises/sinks from the horizon, never getting bigger or smaller.

Then again there's no point in using logic with them, let alone what you can see yourself.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
26-09-2017, 02:20 PM
(26-09-2017 02:14 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 01:20 PM)SYZ Wrote:  How the Sun and Moon circle above our flat Earth

I wonder how they account for the sun lighting up the underside of clouds at sunrise/sunset, and how the sun rises/sinks from the horizon, never getting bigger or smaller.

Then again there's no point in using logic with them, let alone what you can see yourself.
Go on, fuck with their heads.

[Image: chicago-skyline-reflection-lake-michigan...rsch-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-09-2017, 04:02 PM
(26-09-2017 02:14 PM)Loom Wrote:  I wonder how they account for the sun lighting up the underside of clouds at sunrise/sunset, and how the sun rises/sinks from the horizon, never getting bigger or smaller...

They erroneously and ludicrously ascribe both these things to "extreme distance", and "perspective" and "diffusion", which are affected by something they call "atmoplanic conditions" LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-09-2017, 08:39 PM
I remember when flat earth theory was more in line with matter being some sort of flat wave function that had been left vibrating by the (or a) big bang. I never quite understood it myself. Too many strings. Nudge nudge.
It's weird how flat earth theory seems to have morphed into redneck bashing. I searched the internet high and low and the theory has been re-written, deleted and just straight up hidden.
All matter is expressed as a flat uniform wave. It's the vibration of the universe that supplies the perception of 3 or more dimensions. Something like that they used to say. Where did that go? I hate the internet. Equifax wasn't hacked. they found a backchannel sales route. Y2K yo flat brain for life!

Hope you all are doing well. I don't believe in flat matter or flat earth i just used to love the simplicity of the theory. I don't really believe matter exists to be honest, but it's a belief thank goodness and not supported by facts made up of observations from count'em 5 flawed and completely duped senses.

Climate change denial is not an individuals position.
It is a collective phenomenon, that manifests itself daily in RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!Evil_monster
04-10-2017, 06:40 PM
(25-04-2016 09:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 06:40 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I feel dumber reading it, though.

Well then, enjoy the braincell-B-gone that is FELFAT and Operation Dateline Dig.

That site is satire, right? They are just making fun of people with this site, right? People can't be this obtuse, right?

Right?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-10-2017, 06:31 AM

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it