Flat Earth Society

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 06:59 AM
RE: Flat Earth Society
(20-03-2014 04:22 AM)Eva Wrote:  From their info/disclaimer page:

"The opinions and beliefs expressed in any posts do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of The Flat Earth Society Forum. The Flat Earth Society Forum's goal is to promote the free discussion of Flat Earth Theory as well as the free discussion of and debate of any topic of interest to our members that does not contradict Forum Rules."

I love how they refer to it as a THEORY. I lol'd a lot at that. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I think the technical term for it is "brain fart" Smartass

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
20-03-2014, 07:04 AM
(19-03-2014 10:30 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I really hate when people use strawman on empirical evidence.
Like this Fake conversation between religious and non religious someone made to make fun of atheists: (R and NR)
NR: Can you see god?
R: No.
NR:That means he doesn't exist.
R: Can you see your brain?
Taq: Yes, and in fact I can show you your own brain. It might get a little messy and you may not enjoy the experiment, but I can totally show you your own brain, using simple tools laying around the house.

Heh.

Problem solved!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
20-03-2014, 07:08 AM
(20-03-2014 06:59 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I think the technical term for it is "brain fart" Smartass

[Image: th_brain_fart.gif]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
20-03-2014, 07:47 AM
My husband has spent some time on the Flat-Earth society forum. Unfortunately they really do genuinely believe that the earth is flat. They will adamantly claim that the only evidence that you can rely upon is what you see with your own eyes.

My husband has not yet managed to get them to explain how the rotation of the stars is different depending on where you are on the Earth and completely inconsistent with the idea of a flat Earth. They really do not know how to answer that.

I find the site too depressing to ever visit.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
20-03-2014, 05:48 PM
(20-03-2014 07:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My husband has spent some time on the Flat-Earth society forum. Unfortunately they really do genuinely believe that the earth is flat. They will adamantly claim that the only evidence that you can rely upon is what you see with your own eyes.

My husband has not yet managed to get them to explain how the rotation of the stars is different depending on where you are on the Earth and completely inconsistent with the idea of a flat Earth. They really do not know how to answer that.

We can see the shadow of the earth on the moon. We have astronauts in the ISS who can see and photograph the curvature of the earth right now. Hell, you can probably find a website with a live cam of their view. Anyone anywhere can send a small camera up into low orbit with a helium balloon and photograph the curvature of the earth for themselves; how to do it is on the net and on YouTube as well. How stupid do these people really have to be?

20-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Look for a ship on the far horizon, you will only see the sails or the superstructure...that's how I demonstrated to my then young nephews that the earth was curved and thus round....you know, only using senses...Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
20-03-2014, 06:41 PM
(20-03-2014 07:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My husband has spent some time on the Flat-Earth society forum. Unfortunately they really do genuinely believe that the earth is flat. They will adamantly claim that the only evidence that you can rely upon is what you see with your own eyes.

Just had a look round on there... Initially I was encouraged by the amount of rational voices on there, but soon discovered the scale of the idiocy.

One member has a .gif type banner signature...

It says...

"Pope Innocent III, leader of the Catholic Church in England believed the Earth was flat... While Adolf Hitler, genocidal Nazi leader who ordered the deaths of millions, believed it was round... Who would you rather believe?"

I've seen some pathetic arguments in my time... Looks like we have a new champion.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
20-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Hundreds of humans have seen the earth is a sphere.
Also, why is the earth flat and the moon not?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 07:19 PM
(19-03-2014 09:57 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 09:21 PM)Crulax Wrote:  [Image: stupid-people.jpg]

People are stupid!

Yes

C'mon, that's gotta be fake!

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/gameshows/millionaire.asp
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
20-03-2014, 08:52 PM
(20-03-2014 06:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Look for a ship on the far horizon, you will only see the sails or the superstructure...that's how I demonstrated to my then young nephews that the earth was curved and thus round....you know, only using senses...Facepalm

Yup.