Flat Earth Society

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Flat Earth Society
I find it striking that theism and conspiracy theories are similar in may ways: exclusive knowledge, superiority due to being enlightened by said knowledge, the need to spread said knowledge and the belief that there is an adversary actively working against those with said knowledge.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Blackhand293's post
25-03-2014, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if these people believe reproduction happens via the stork delivery system. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-03-2014, 04:08 PM
(25-03-2014 03:47 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if these people believe reproduction happens via the stork delivery system. Drinking Beverage

And epilepsy is demon possession. Evil_monster

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 7 users Like Eva's post
26-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Also, gravity is just a theory.

'Stationary earth with gravity models exist, but I believe most of the folks who hold this theory also subscribe to the notion that the earth in an infinite plane, since the direction of "gravity" is always down and not toward the centre of the disc.'
[+] 1 user Likes saxwarrior's post
26-03-2014, 10:32 PM
My eyes...so much stupid in that thread
[Image: kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-1235695993.jpg]

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Blackhand293's post
26-03-2014, 11:13 PM
(20-03-2014 07:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My husband has spent some time on the Flat-Earth society forum. Unfortunately they really do genuinely believe that the earth is flat. They will adamantly claim that the only evidence that you can rely upon is what you see with your own eyes.

So, how do these imbeciles reconcile electricity and electronics? I mean, it all works because of quantum theory which mentions these teeny, tiny atom thingies. If visual confirmation is the only reliable evidence, then flipping a wall switch and having a bulb illuminate must be truly miraculous when those wires don't even move.
Do they believe in germs, bacteria and viruses?
What about history? You can't see history.
They probably have issues with weather forecasting, since you can't see the different pressure zones. Hell, you can't see air! Do they think that air is a conspiracy???

The stupid...

...it hurts.
Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 5 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
26-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Quote:Quote from: Alchemist21 on December 02, 2013, 01:59:15 AM
I beleive gravitey exists. I beleive in two thoerys concerning why this: 1) The earth is infinite/expanding with the universe 2) The earth is finite but is the still the vary base of the universe and ultimate gravitationel dent and is being pulled by the expanding universe keeping it flat

Ether way in my gravitationel hipothesis gravitey causes the sun and moon to revolve (or circle) above the sun. The planets revolve around the sun (and the planets moons revolve around the planets. I also think the Earth causes some gravitationel distortion causing elipticel orbits). I beleive the Solar System to be the Milkey Ways center and the other galxaxys revolve the Milkey Way. Tracing it back to the begining this efectivley makes Earth the center of the universe

As earth is the base of the universe i beleive it to be the ultimate gravitationel dent of the universe as told by generel relativitey causing the sun to circle above it

These guys spell like Drich, and have the same kind if theroroeies.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
27-03-2014, 07:27 AM
(26-03-2014 11:25 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
Quote:Quote from: Alchemist21 on December 02, 2013, 01:59:15 AM
I beleive gravitey exists. I beleive in two thoerys concerning why this: 1) The earth is infinite/expanding with the universe 2) The earth is finite but is the still the vary base of the universe and ultimate gravitationel dent and is being pulled by the expanding universe keeping it flat

Ether way in my gravitationel hipothesis gravitey causes the sun and moon to revolve (or circle) above the sun. The planets revolve around the sun (and the planets moons revolve around the planets. I also think the Earth causes some gravitationel distortion causing elipticel orbits). I beleive the Solar System to be the Milkey Ways center and the other galxaxys revolve the Milkey Way. Tracing it back to the begining this efectivley makes Earth the center of the universe

As earth is the base of the universe i beleive it to be the ultimate gravitationel dent of the universe as told by generel relativitey causing the sun to circle above it

These guys spell like Drich, and have the same kind if theroroeies.

[Image: why-so-stupid.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
27-03-2014, 08:41 AM
(26-03-2014 11:13 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 07:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My husband has spent some time on the Flat-Earth society forum. Unfortunately they really do genuinely believe that the earth is flat. They will adamantly claim that the only evidence that you can rely upon is what you see with your own eyes.

So, how do these imbeciles reconcile electricity and electronics? I mean, it all works because of quantum theory which mentions these teeny, tiny atom thingies. If visual confirmation is the only reliable evidence, then flipping a wall switch and having a bulb illuminate must be truly miraculous when those wires don't even move.
Do they believe in germs, bacteria and viruses?
What about history? You can't see history.
They probably have issues with weather forecasting, since you can't see the different pressure zones. Hell, you can't see air! Do they think that air is a conspiracy???

The stupid...

...it hurts.
Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

I might have to steal
"the stupid - it hurts" as a sig line sometime.

LMAO
Bowing

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
01-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Oh boy

Blanko Wrote:
aston240 Wrote:This would mean (you know what this would mean), that old Aerolineas Argentinas would be losing a few too many planes regularly.

Malaysia, Argentina, it's pretty much the same thing really.