Flat Earth Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Flat Earth Theory
Has anyone come across this? I've seen it around the internet a lately but don't understand what it is. I know it's some sort of cuckoo theory and one of the Facebook pages on it keeps bashing "gravity" as "only a theory" and keep posting pictures of birds as some sort of evidence of disapproval. Idiots.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: Flat Earth Theory
No, it is not a theory.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-01-2016, 04:40 PM
I strongly suspect Poe.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
13-01-2016, 05:31 PM
(13-01-2016 04:39 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Has anyone come across this? I've seen it around the internet a lately but don't understand what it is. I know it's some sort of cuckoo theory and one of the Facebook pages on it keeps bashing "gravity" as "only a theory" and keep posting pictures of birds as some sort of evidence of disapproval. Idiots.

Well, can you post a picture of gravity? I ain't never seen none myself!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
13-01-2016, 05:35 PM
(13-01-2016 05:31 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 04:39 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Has anyone come across this? I've seen it around the internet a lately but don't understand what it is. I know it's some sort of cuckoo theory and one of the Facebook pages on it keeps bashing "gravity" as "only a theory" and keep posting pictures of birds as some sort of evidence of disapproval. Idiots.

You have to step out onto a high ledge to see it. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
13-01-2016, 06:13 PM
(13-01-2016 05:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 05:31 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Well, can you post a picture of gravity? I ain't never seen none myself!

You have to step out onto a high ledge to see it. Tongue

Reminds me of a joke:

There's a bar on top of a really, really high building and it's very windy outside, so it is swaying back and forth.

A guy walks into the bar and has some drinks and is there for a few hours.

Another guy comes and sits next to him.

The first guy who has been there for a while looks at the man and says to him, "You know that there is a nice breeze outside and if you jump out it will blow you right back in."

The second guy doesn't agree and tells him to prove it. So, the first guy jumps out the window and comes soaring right back in.

The second guy asks him to do it one more time. So, the first guy jumps out and the nice breeze takes him right back into the bar.

At this time the second guy is starting to believe him and decides he needs to try this. He then jumps out and falls down to his death.

The bartender turns to the first guy and says, "Superman, your an asshole when your drunk!!"

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 9 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-01-2016, 06:21 PM
I don't smoke green as much as I used too but a few weeks ago I induldged and treated myself. Whilst I was on youtube I saw a video on this flat earth stuff and because I was smashed I decided to "go down the rabbit hole" and watch some of it.

Now, I am open minded but the shit that was coming out and the justifications...

"Obviously Kubrick made the set and directed the moon landings"

I switched off after about 10 minutes..... Dodgy

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
13-01-2016, 06:48 PM

Here's a science experiment: climb into the basket of a hot-air balloon, dump the sandbags, cut the rope, and take yourself as high as you can. When you run out of fuel, pull out a pistol and shoot the ropes that connect the balloon to the basket. Remember to publish and submit your findings for peer review.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
13-01-2016, 06:59 PM

How to test gravity 101.

1. Buy a bowling ball.
2. Suspend said ball above naked foot. Right or left will suffice.
3. Drop ball.
4. Visit hospital and get a cast on broken foot.
5. Never underestimate gravity again.
6. Or wonder "Does the earth suck?"

IHTH. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 08:13 PM
I've seen it crop up on my facebook feeds recently. Attempting to even argue against them was even more frustrating than arguing with young earth creationists.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan