Flat Earth Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 10:59 PM
RE: Flat Earth Theory
My cousin was trying to convince me that the flat earth map was more accurate. I told him I've driven across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver, and put about 4,400km on the car. If you were to drive across Australia from Brisbane to Perth, according to the flat earth map, you'd put 12,000 or so km on the car... But no, it's about the same distance as Toronto to Vancouver, and confirmed by everybody who's ever driven it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-01-2016, 04:24 PM
They believe the U.N. is aware of this that's why the "globe" on there flag looks the way it dose.

[Image: un-flag.png]

If asked how come no one ever falls off the edge. Their explantion is because the government is protecting the boarders and if anyone tries they get shot.

Hobo

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-01-2016, 06:33 AM
obviously, flat earthers never read this wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
15-01-2016, 06:48 AM
The Flat Earth people are sort of necessary.

You have to have somebody for the Young Earth Creationists to point out and laugh at..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 8 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-01-2016, 08:28 AM
(15-01-2016 06:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The Flat Earth people are sort of necessary.

You have to have somebody for the Young Earth Creationists to point out and laugh at..................

Eh, from my encounters they seem to be one and the same. Especially when one of them started quoting scripture at me *sigh* Facepalm

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
15-01-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm curious on how they work out why shadows travel up the side of mountains or tall buildings during sunset if it weren't for the (round) Earth's own shadow. And why the sun remains the same shape while at it, instead of becomming smaller and smaller as it makes its rounds as some claim.

Then again, I'm curious how they even survive getting out of bed everyday.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
16-01-2016, 10:32 AM
A long time ago, in order to maintain a modicum of sanity, I've convinced myself that all 'Flat Earthers' are poes and/or trolls.

Because the alternative would make me consider removing my mortal coil from this planet... Sad

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
16-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I did a whole research project on this last year. It was terrifying. A lot of it is religious loonies, like extreme biblical literalism. They think the flat earth is accelerating upward constantly, there is no gravity. And yeah the earth can accelerate infinitely because physics is a hoax. And NASA is a hoax, and just about everything the government says is a hoax.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
16-01-2016, 12:36 PM
(16-01-2016 11:34 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  I did a whole research project on this last year. It was terrifying. A lot of it is religious loonies, like extreme biblical literalism. They think the flat earth is accelerating upward constantly, there is no gravity. And yeah the earth can accelerate infinitely because physics is a hoax. And NASA is a hoax, and just about everything the government says is a hoax.

Clinical psychosis?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-01-2016, 01:22 PM
(16-01-2016 10:32 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  A long time ago, in order to maintain a modicum of sanity, I've convinced myself that all 'Flat Earthers' are poes and/or trolls.

Because the alternative would make me consider removing my mortal coil from this planet... Sad

Near as I can tell, this site is absolutely serious.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost