Flat Earthers and Airplanes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: Flat Earthers and Airplanes
(17-05-2016 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 11:00 PM)I Am Wrote:  Introduce your friend to a Hollow Earther. I am curious how two incompatible brands of wrong argue with each other.

Is that really a thing?

Surely you jest.

I admire your optimism. Hollow Earth "theory" is really a thing, complete with misrepresentations of NASA, Nazis, and the National Geographic Society.

http://humansarefree.com/2015/09/13-piec...w.html?m=0
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2016, 11:14 PM
(17-05-2016 11:10 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is that really a thing?

Surely you jest.

I admire your optimism. Hollow Earth "theory" is really a thing, complete with misrepresentations of NASA, Nazis, and the National Geographic Society.

Well, hell...I'm out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2016, 12:13 AM
(17-05-2016 11:10 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is that really a thing?

Surely you jest.

Big holes in the poles and a Sun at the centre of the earth?
Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
18-05-2016, 05:01 AM
Speaking of flat earth and airplanes, the author should look into a career as a U-2 pilot for the USAF. One flight to 70,000 feet ASL will quickly convince you that the earth is definitely NOT flat!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
18-05-2016, 05:26 AM
(13-05-2016 05:06 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  So I have a flat earther on my friend list. I asked him the question of how we can buy plane tickets to and from areas and they only take a certain amount time with the globe earth model, but going with the flat earth model the trips would take quite bit longer.

He responded by posting a video.

Now first I don't know that much about airplane trips and all that. So I'm not sure how to respond.

I did point something out however. The video is part of a series of videos called "Flat Earth Clues" by a guy named Mark Sargent. There's a bit of a cat fight scenario here. There are 2 groups: Flat Earth Society (FES) and International Flat Earth Research Society (IFERS). Apparently IFERS hates FES and accuses FES of being fakes or as IFERS puts it: the "controlled opposition". Mark Sargent is associated with FES. Now I wouldn't point this out to my friend, except I know that he is in the IFERS camp and has posted some things against FES. Mark Sargent Raging Shill

Now there might be a fallacy in pointing that out, not sure. But I promised I would actually watch the video (which I did) and get back with him (which I have not yet). Again, don't know much about plane travel. Thoughts?

Sounds just like the young Earth creationists, he's come to a conclusion and proceeds to make everything fit into the conclusion. He immediately cites conspiracies to prop up his non-sensical views, otherwise it would collapse under a cursory evaluation of his supposed "facts".

I would get him to explain the nuts and bolts of his conspiracy, and derisively sneer every time he invokes his wild conspiracy theories. What exactly happens when you approach the poles in a ship or plane?

How exactly do seasons occur? Does the sun vary it's output? Why do time zones work?

He'll always distort and misinterpret things to fit his erroneous viewpoint. It's a rather ridiculous propensity that us primates have.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post