Flood Genocide and Idiotic Engineering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Flood Genocide and Idiotic Engineering
(08-08-2012 10:43 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  It's almost like he's trying to figure out his role as if he were new to it or something and has temper tantrums like a kid when things don't go his way, then he feels guilty about it later and tries to make nice again.

It makes you wonder if telling Abraham to kill his son was a mistake rather than a test. "Did I tell you to murder someone? Well, that's... it's just... you got punked! Yeah, that's it! There's a lamb... go kill it instead. Boy, you should've seen the look on your face, Abraham! Classic."

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Flood Genocide and Idiotic Engineering
(08-08-2012 11:38 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 10:43 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  It's almost like he's trying to figure out his role as if he were new to it or something and has temper tantrums like a kid when things don't go his way, then he feels guilty about it later and tries to make nice again.

It makes you wonder if telling Abraham to kill his son was a mistake rather than a test. "Did I tell you to murder someone? Well, that's... it's just... you got punked! Yeah, that's it! There's a lamb... go kill it instead. Boy, you should've seen the look on your face, Abraham! Classic."

We've been reading about the wrong god. It's not YHWH, it's Loki and he loves to punk his children. Bigger than joking about the flood and killing Isaac, he planted fossils and made the university look really old even though it's only been around for 6,000 years.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM
"The New Testament God is a nice guy, he really is. But, the Old Testament God...is a prick. I don't know what happened, maybe the birth of a son calmed him down."
- Lewis Black on the Old Testament

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
09-08-2012, 07:21 AM
(08-08-2012 06:25 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please cite a reference for your evidence of a flood in the Middle East.

Climate change explains the desertification of North Africa and the Middle East.

It's funny how you ask for a citation, then make your own assertion about the cause (uncited). Climate change, as we typically understand that phrase today, didn't happen before the Industrial Revolution -- and for that I would cite the graph of carbon trapped in Antarctic Ice that Al Gore displayed for An Inconvenient Truth, although it should be common sense.

I perhaps should have said that we have "scientific hypotheses" for a flood in the fertile crescent, although I did use my usual uncertain language ("which appears to actually be the case", "it's likely that a...") in case I was wrong, which is easy when you're talking about ancient history.

Whether or not there was a real flood is kinda beside the point, unless you planned to pass that information on yourself as fact -- it was just a further explanation of the logical fallacy behind assuming correlation means causation.

The global climate of the earth has changed many times over geologic time. The documented shifts in mean temperature, sea level, glaciation, and their effects on weather patterns show that most regions of the earth have gone from warm to cold, wet to dry, back and forth over time.

However, thanks for the citation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]