Florida Man Strikes Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: Florida Man Strikes Again
(04-08-2016 10:10 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I have to massively roll eyes at this self-serving display of media-led American hypocrisy over the wanton killing of a single bird.....

• More than 200 million animals are killed every year by US hunters. The annual death toll includes 42 million mourning doves, 30 million squirrels, 28 million quail, 25 million rabbits, 20 million pheasants, 14 million ducks, 6 million deer, and thousands of geese, bears, moose, elk, antelope, swans, cougars, turkeys, wolves, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, boars, and other woodland creatures.

• Quick kills are rare, and many animals suffer prolonged, painful deaths when hunters severely injure but fail to kill them. Bow hunting exacerbates the problem, evidenced by dozens of scientific studies that have shown that bow hunting yields more than a 50% wounding and crippling rate. Some hunting groups promote shooting animals in the face or in the gut, which is a horrifically painful way to die.

• Several states allow a spring bear hunt during the months when bears emerge from hibernation. These bears are not only still lethargic, which makes them easy targets for hunters, but many of the females are either pregnant or lactating. Mother bears are often shot while out and about foraging, while hiding their cubs in trees or leaving them in their dens. When mother bears are killed, their nursing cubs have little to no chance of survival as they will either starve or be killed by predators.

~In Defense of Animals (IDA)

[Image: 4313.gif]

Pretty sure the guy didn't kill that flamingo for the meat it would yield.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 10:36 AM
(04-08-2016 10:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 10:10 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I have to massively roll eyes at this self-serving display of media-led American hypocrisy over the wanton killing of a single bird.....

• More than 200 million animals are killed every year by US hunters. The annual death toll includes 42 million mourning doves, 30 million squirrels, 28 million quail, 25 million rabbits, 20 million pheasants, 14 million ducks, 6 million deer, and thousands of geese, bears, moose, elk, antelope, swans, cougars, turkeys, wolves, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, boars, and other woodland creatures.

• Quick kills are rare, and many animals suffer prolonged, painful deaths when hunters severely injure but fail to kill them. Bow hunting exacerbates the problem, evidenced by dozens of scientific studies that have shown that bow hunting yields more than a 50% wounding and crippling rate. Some hunting groups promote shooting animals in the face or in the gut, which is a horrifically painful way to die.

• Several states allow a spring bear hunt during the months when bears emerge from hibernation. These bears are not only still lethargic, which makes them easy targets for hunters, but many of the females are either pregnant or lactating. Mother bears are often shot while out and about foraging, while hiding their cubs in trees or leaving them in their dens. When mother bears are killed, their nursing cubs have little to no chance of survival as they will either starve or be killed by predators.

~In Defense of Animals (IDA)

[Image: 4313.gif]

Pretty sure the guy didn't kill that flamingo for the meat it would yield.

I suspect you're right... He wasn't a hunter -- just a garden variety whackadoodle...

I wonder how flamingo tastes????

I know they hunt cranes down in Texas -- and I hear they're delicious --- red meat, that could pass for lean beef....... I keep hoping they'll legalize hunting them here in Michigan.... We get tons of 'em here....... Had 22 of them on our field at once a couple weeks ago....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-08-2016, 10:53 AM
(04-08-2016 10:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wonder how flamingo tastes????

Apparently it's a bit like a cross between dolphin and Koala, but less gamey. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
04-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Do Koalas taste like a Halls cough drop????

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post