Florida survey proves landslide inevitable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2016, 04:51 AM
RE: Florida survey proves landslide inevitable
(01-11-2016 09:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Anything horrible for Drumpf is good for the rest of us.

Even cholera?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2016, 06:27 AM
One fun part of the possibility of another Clinton presidency....

Maybe this time the impeachment hearings will stick....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-11-2016, 06:44 AM
(01-11-2016 10:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Thanks for the well-thought-out response. A couple of things: History has shown that Florida Dems traditionally lag behind in early voting (absentee, mail-in) and always play catchup. If they actually lead going into Election Day, it's game over.

In a Florida poll of voters who had already voted in my house indicate 100% cast their ballots for Clinton!

Seriously, Florida is going to be close, I am surrounded here by vocal Trump supporters and very, very quiet Clinton supporters, or so I hope. If they are anything like me we will let our votes do the talking.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
02-11-2016, 06:52 AM
(01-11-2016 09:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I doubt any media outlets will report it.
Wrong. I first heard this same story last night on MSNBC's television broadcast. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
02-11-2016, 06:57 AM
(02-11-2016 03:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 09:33 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  But, you see, this doesn't have a plus-minus margin of error disclaimer. Of the 311 people, they ALL voted. Of the 311 people, 53% chose Hillary. Of the 311 people, 28% of its Republicans voted for HER. There is no other way to interpret this. Nearly a third of the GOP here voted for her. It's a horrible sign for Drumpf.
The polls for brexit showed leads everywhere for remain Will, and look what happened there. Don't get me wrong I love your optimism but it ain't over til its over, hopefully then the world can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

There are quite a few differences between Brexit and our election, namely those were close polls (within a percentage point) and were just a yay or nay question; we have an Electoral College to prevent something like that from happening.

I'm not saying this survey is the gold standard, it's just shocking and a very good sign thus far.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2016, 07:02 AM
(01-11-2016 10:49 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  A couple of things: History has shown that Florida Dems traditionally lag behind in early voting (absentee, mail-in) and always play catchup. If they actually lead going into Election Day, it's game over.

Encouraging, yes. Hardly game over. I won't count Trump dead until they stake the fucker through the heart and bury him face down at a cross-road.

Quote:I understand why larger samples are more reliable, but in this case, it's not predominantly "likely or registered voters" it's actual voters. They weren't self-selected.

Sorry, I was unclear. They self-selected by virtue of the fact that they voted early. Not by any selection mechanism of the survey. These are the people with more zeal, for one reason or another, so they don't necessarily reflect the general population. Still, encouraging given the historical trends.

Quote:We'll see. Texas does have early voting and the Dems are leading that, too, but there's not actual voters polled yet. Also, the surge is from Latinos, which has surpassed 100% of their numbers there at this same point in 2012.

Really? That is the story that the Dems should be grinding into Trump's face. Losing Texas would be embarassing. Laughat Evil_monster

It's still highly unlikely that Texas will turn blue.

Thanks for the clarification about what you meant by self-selected. And I still find that to be encouraging, that people who voted early were so eager to vote against him that they even crossed party lines to do it and got in line early to do it. One other tidbit, like just 5% of the Dems voted for Trump, which falls into the norm, unlike the 28% for the GOP that voted for her.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
02-11-2016, 07:05 AM
(02-11-2016 06:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  One fun part of the possibility of another Clinton presidency....

heh

Fuck off, whatever you think you can prove about her, is absolutely nothing compared to the damage and death Bush Jr in his 8 years caused. He ran the economy into the ditch with two unfunded wars and had far more military and civilians die as a result. Oh and if you want to talk about e-mails where is your outrage about the 22 million lost by him and his cabinet.

This is simply your bullshit carryover paranoia crybaby soar loser crap because the black guy won.

The same bullshit obstruction tactics started after Obama's first election on November 9th the day after his first win in 08. You had Mich and Bonhead both saying they would make him a 1 term president. They also screamed about guns being taken away which never happened. They screamed about how he would ruin the economy, and 8 years later Obama has added jobs every year and cut the dept.

SO GO FUCK YOURSELF, you are nothing but a soar loser buying the paranoia of a childish bully.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-11-2016, 07:14 AM
(01-11-2016 10:49 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  A couple of things: History has shown that Florida Dems traditionally lag behind in early voting (absentee, mail-in) and always play catchup. If they actually lead going into Election Day, it's game over.

Encouraging, yes. Hardly game over. I won't count Trump dead until they stake the fucker through the heart and bury him face down at a cross-road.

Quote:I understand why larger samples are more reliable, but in this case, it's not predominantly "likely or registered voters" it's actual voters. They weren't self-selected.

Sorry, I was unclear. They self-selected by virtue of the fact that they voted early. Not by any selection mechanism of the survey. These are the people with more zeal, for one reason or another, so they don't necessarily reflect the general population. Still, encouraging given the historical trends.

Quote:We'll see. Texas does have early voting and the Dems are leading that, too, but there's not actual voters polled yet. Also, the surge is from Latinos, which has surpassed 100% of their numbers there at this same point in 2012.

Really? That is the story that the Dems should be grinding into Trump's face. Losing Texas would be embarassing. Laughat Evil_monster

If Hillary took Texas, I'd be shocked. It would be pretty cool, though. But no, I can't hold out that much hope for my state. Undecided

02-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Looked for it this morning. MSNBC is the only major website talking about it. Fivethirtyeight thinks it's so bad they have to take 2 points off it before adding it to their mathematical formula.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
02-11-2016, 08:17 AM
(02-11-2016 07:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 06:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  One fun part of the possibility of another Clinton presidency....

heh

Fuck off, whatever you think you can prove about her, is absolutely nothing compared to the damage and death Bush Jr in his 8 years caused. He ran the economy into the ditch with two unfunded wars and had far more military and civilians die as a result. Oh and if you want to talk about e-mails where is your outrage about the 22 million lost by him and his cabinet.

This is simply your bullshit carryover paranoia crybaby soar loser crap because the black guy won.

The same bullshit obstruction tactics started after Obama's first election on November 9th the day after his first win in 08. You had Mich and Bonhead both saying they would make him a 1 term president. They also screamed about guns being taken away which never happened. They screamed about how he would ruin the economy, and 8 years later Obama has added jobs every year and cut the dept.

SO GO FUCK YOURSELF, you are nothing but a soar loser buying the paranoia of a childish bully.

LOL

What's your blood pressure run?? 225/150 or so?????

I'm going to nominate you to the Guiness Book as "World's Angriest Poet" (who's also got some spelling problems..... funny for a guy who's supposed to be adept with words... (soar loser, indeed) ).

Anyway......

You seem to miss the point - because you think the world is digital -- Hillary - and everything evil.......

Sorry to impart this bit of information on you -- but the world's not that simple....

I do indeed find Hillary to be a despicable, dishonest politician.... And - I find Trump to be a misogynist buffoon.

My previous post -- that there will be an impeachment is probably factually correct. (albeit posted as humor).

The ( R ) camp will shit bricks if Clinton wins. As would the ( D ) camp, should Trump win.

Either - will likely result in governmental gridlock, dirty tricks and dishonest posturing disguised as democratic diplomacy..

But, I expect that's lost on you....

OH -- and you forgot to blame the NRA.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post